Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Man-Bat arms wouldn't look good as webbing , plus bent arms would look weird for Spidey. I think knowing Lego's love for saving as much as they can they will reuse Civil War minifigure of Spiderman. And it would be fine in my opinion.

Wow, I disagree with everything you've written here. I think red, white, and black printed Man-Bat arms would look fine for the pose we see in the trailer, I think they'll probably update Spider-Man's torso to correct the logo, and I would be disappointed if they DON'T update that torso.

But I do think (given Lego's propensity for re-use) that the Iron Man figure we get will be the Civil War one, because the suit we see in the trailer looks exactly the same as the one in CA:CW. Someone mentioned the gold shoulders, but he already had those in CW.

As we all know from Iron Man 3 or Ant Man, the sets don't have to be accurate, so maybe the robbery set could use Proto/Homemade Spider Man, and the Spidey+IronM v Vulture+Shocker could use Web Wings Spider Man, meaning Civil War Spider Man keeps its collectivity and rarity

I think the robbers will have printed masks, because I really don't see them making new molds, and I'd say the Hulk and Captain America masks would be easier to pull off that way, maybe Iron-Man.

13 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

As we all know from Iron Man 3 or Ant Man, the sets don't have to be accurate, so maybe the robbery set could use Proto/Homemade Spider Man, and the Spidey+IronM v Vulture+Shocker could use Web Wings Spider Man, meaning Civil War Spider Man keeps its collectivity and rarity

This really make sense, and I hope so that they will release two different suits of spidey and also have the logo or emblem updated.

just like vision they corrected the color of the gem and his skin!

Planning to get tanker truck takedown for Christmas for the spiderman fig and hopefully these two sets will come out before May 25th so that I can get them for my birthday. Really do hope some of these suggestions come true and we get the homemade spiderman suit in one of the sets.

So that was fast, MBL_Designs on Instagram already made a pair of Vulture wings. They look pretty thick to me at some spots but still cool. Will be nice to compare these with Lego's official version when the sets release. :wink: :thumbup:

24 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

Guardians of the Galaxy toys are starting to be revealed, do we think that Lego will do the same, or are they a force unto themselves?

Other brands show their products earlier than Lego all the time. Lego keeps things under wraps as long as they can. We probably won't see any movie sets until NYTF, if we're lucky enough.

19 minutes ago, amazingbricks said:

Other brands show their products earlier than Lego all the time. Lego keeps things under wraps as long as they can. We probably won't see any movie sets until NYTF, if we're lucky enough.

Or they could leak in the next few weeks like the Age of Ultron and Civil War sets.

23 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Or they could leak in the next few weeks like the Age of Ultron and Civil War sets.

True, they definitely could. Hope that pattern continues.

@Delta.Customs on Instagram, said that there were two SpiderMan Homecoming sets he knew. The sets were described as so:

Set #1: A Bank robbery, Spidey and two robbers, The robbers had Avengers in their names. 

Set #2: Has a car, Includes Spidey, Vulture with brick built wings, Shocker, and Iron Man.

If you saw the trailer, this should all now sound familiar. Remember that @Delta.Customs' post was done two weeks ago. One scene from the trailer showed some men in Avengers masks robbing a bank, which adds up well to set one. We didn't see a specific set two scene in the trailer, but it's most likely a final battle anyway. We did see Vulture, with large wings, as well as a man many suspect to be the Shocker. We also saw Spidey swinging around by Iron Man. 

So in general, I'm pretty sure this guy's info is reliable. If you want to see an article, as well as the post, use this link. http://spidermannews.com/2016/11/30/rumor-lego-spider-man-homecoming-sets-revealed/ 

Tell me what you think? Merry Christmas

22 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

you know, this is purely speculation, but i could very well imagine lego doing the opposite. having his newer suit in the bank set and the homemade one in the big set. highly unlikely, but hear me out. The stark costume is already in the tanker set, so it's already less exclusive, so put it in the cheaper set. As well as the fact we see peter fight vulture(w/ big wings and all) in his homemade costume in the trailer. 

just a thought. wouldn't be surrised if both sets have the same version. 

12 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:
So that was fast, MBL_Designs on Instagram already made a pair of Vulture wings. They look pretty thick to me at some spots but still cool. Will be nice to compare these with Lego's official version when the sets release. :wink: :thumbup:

I just hope the head and legs of the minifigure will stick out when attached to the wings.  I fear the fig will be minuscule compared to them.

12 hours ago, 8-Bit Ramen said:

@Delta.Customs on Instagram, said that there were two SpiderMan Homecoming sets he knew. The sets were described as so:

Set #1: A Bank robbery, Spidey and two robbers, The robbers had Avengers in their names. 

Set #2: Has a car, Includes Spidey, Vulture with brick built wings, Shocker, and Iron Man.

Tell me what you think? Merry Christmas

Hah you are late :grin:

10 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

you know, this is purely speculation, but i could very well imagine lego doing the opposite. having his newer suit in the bank set and the homemade one in the big set. highly unlikely, but hear me out. The stark costume is already in the tanker set, so it's already less exclusive, so put it in the cheaper set. As well as the fact we see peter fight vulture(w/ big wings and all) in his homemade costume in the trailer. 

just a thought. wouldn't be surrised if both sets have the same version. 

This could be a possible also! As long as we get two different suits were okay. 

I'm really digging the home made spidey suit. 

Someone on the brickset forum posted a picture of the vouchers from the European version of the 2017 lego calender and it shows we are getting a Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2 milano polybag!