Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

On 11/2/2016 at 9:26 PM, amazingbricks said:

Holy crap! Just got a screenshot of kamala Khan and she looks flipping amazing. Just like they nailed the ANAD iron man, they made her perfect! Everything about her makes her my potential favorite minifigure for 2017. You got to love those arms and the Mr freeze mech hands are used here! The torso is amazing, the lightning emblem on her looks great. I believe she's the tonto color skin, but I don't know my Lego colors very well.

Now I can't wait!

On November 4, 2016 at 6:43 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the new helmet? Maybe once it's in-hand, and with less cartoony printing for the ANAD version, but as of now, meh, I don't care for it.

Same here

On 11/4/2016 at 9:43 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of the new helmet? Maybe once it's in-hand, and with less cartoony printing for the ANAD version, but as of now, meh, I don't care for it.

I agree I really don't care for it.

21 minutes ago, The Lego Nolan said:

The arms on the Ms Marvel figure certainly look very interesting. I'm not all to sure how I feel about them. 

Did you come in contact with any pictures?

35 minutes ago, The Lego Nolan said:

If you really look for the, you should be able to find them. 

I guess you're referring to the leaked prelims we got a while back, because there's no news of any official pics yet.

On 5. november 2016 at 2:43 AM, rob-ot5000 said:

Mighty Micros are suppose to be cartoony så I don't really get the surprise/complain. 

1 hour ago, Tupiaz said:

Mighty Micros are suppose to be cartoony så I don't really get the surprise/complain. 

:wall:

5 hours ago, Tupiaz said:

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

:wall:

Why that emote?
I agree with Tupiaz about the intended cartoony-ness. ThoughI also agree with you, ro-bot5000, about hoping the ANAD version looks a lot better. In fact, I'd actually prefer the usual Iron Man helmet, but oh well...

Also, can it now be assumed that Mighty Micros Tony no longer comes with the new Superman-hair in black? 'cause that's really too bad...

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Why that emote?
I agree with Tupiaz about the intended cartoony-ness. ThoughI also agree with you, ro-bot5000, about hoping the ANAD version looks a lot better. In fact, I'd actually prefer the usual Iron Man helmet, but oh well...

Also, can it now be assumed that Mighty Micros Tony no longer comes with the new Superman-hair in black? 'cause that's really too bad...

Regards,
Mitch

I suppose I could have elaborated more. That emoticon was means to express my frustration with someone completely missing my point. If it came of as rude (which, in hindsight, it probably did), I apologize. My dislike has nothing to do with the cartoonish printing, as the MM line is clearly intended to go that route. My complaint is about the mold itself. Like you, I also prefer the older helmet. Though my opinion may change once I see it with different printing. Again, my complaint had nothing to do with the cartoonish printing being inappropriate for the line or anything, simply about the mold. Though a print-job that I prefer (i.e. less cartoonish) may allow me to appreciate the mold more.

EDIT: After re-reading my original post, I suppose I wasn't as clear as I imagine. C'est la vie.

Edited by rob-ot5000

1 minute ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I suppose I could have elaborated more. That emoticon was means to express my frustration with someone completely missing my point. If it came of as rude (which, in hindsight, it probably did), I apologize. My dislike has nothing to do with the cartoonish printing, as the MM line is clearly intended to go that route. My complaint is about the mold itself. Like you, I also prefer the older helmet. Though my opinion may change once I see it with different printing. Again, my complaint had nothing to do with the cartoonish printing being inappropriate for the line or anything, simply about the mold. Though a print-job that I prefer (i.e. less cartoonish) may allow me to appreciate the mold more.

I'm with you. I actually like the goofy print on the Mighty Micros helmet, but the mold looks a bit like an upside down bucket. It doesn't appear to have a lot of detail in the shape that suggests Iron Man specifically. I bet we'll feel differently when when we actually have it in hand and see it from different angles.

2 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Are we going to get official pictures soon?

Definitely maybe.

8 hours ago, HyperOnion said:

How are we defining soon? Because on the cosmic scale, then... absolutely.

That's a shame. I was hoping to have something to look forward to in the coming millennia. Kids these days, expecting things to happen right this galactic year! :tongue:

Every day for the past few days HothBricks has been revealing the images of 2017 sets (Ninjago on Saturday, The LEGO Batman Movie on Sunday, and Creator today). Hopefully we see set images soon!

I think Marvel being a licensed theme probably will be revealed "last" compared to its non-licensed counterparts, but the fact that the Batman sets have been revealed gives me hope Marvel will be soon. 

From the rumors we have heard I am most excited for the Detroit Steel vs. Iron Man and Coulson set; Ms. Marvel in a set (I haven't even read her comics, but it sounds like it is going to be an awesome figure); and I also want to get the Iron Man v. Thanos Mighty Micro just so I can have that cartoony/old school Iron Man suit (I might give it long legs to make it part of the "Hall of Armor." And somehow that goofy grin on the figure's face captures Robert Downey Jr.'s goofiest looks so well it actually looks like it would work as another MCU face in conjunction with the previous Iron Man heads we have gotten).

21 minutes ago, tkkim79 said:

what's this?

A photo that should not and never ever be reposted here. Confidential watermark images are forbidden :grin: 

Edited by CM4Sci