Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

This ANAD stuff really makes me wish we got a Miles Morales, Nova, and Female Thor set instead of those Hulk abominations. :sick:

If that was the case, would be my favorite Avengers line because all these sets are actually fairly cheap. (Miles is cheap on BL too so I guess it softens the blow a bit...)

If you haven't read ANAD Avengers, really suggest reading it. So it's safe to assume that since the Adaptoid not only has wings but a shield, Cap has to be Sam Wilson. (All the better in my opinion)

Welp, there goes my dreams of a classic Avengers roster... :sadnew:

It's still my dream of getting a classic Avengers Mansion set with classic avengers like Vision, Yellowjacket and Hawkeye. I guess I have to resort to a MOC and knockoffs :/

However speaking on topic: I'm guessing that Lola aswell as Phil are modelled off their appearance in the LEGO games?

However speaking on topic: I'm guessing that Lola aswell as Phil are modelled off their appearance in the LEGO games?

Coulson, not sure. Lola, no.

No? How much different is it? It's not just a remake of Nick Fury's little green car is it?

It's not a repeat that's for sure.

As CM4S said, the front is longer and flat. :thumbup:

Edited by (Nexus)

It's not a repeat that's for sure.

As CM4S said, the front is longer and flat. :thumbup:

If you've seen it, in your opinion do you think the model looks better than the video game one ( https://i.ytimg.com/...o/hqdefault.jpg ) or worse? I'm trying to decide whether to just order the pieces for this one, or if I should wait till next year for the official one.

Edited by yeoldmilkshake

I really agree with (Nexus); I would be led to believe that the Cap in the set is Sam Wilson. Which I am very open to, I'd love to get a wide release of this character, especially if this is an approx. $20 set.

To be completely honest, don't have the images in front of me to compare but with details like the long tiles and windscreen, it looks similar. Not sure about the overall build or the tire functions, the best form of confirmation will always come from official photos.

Edited by (Nexus)

I'm just glad we get that helmet mold in two iron man sets. His classic armor with the mighty micros then a updated but still comic version in the Lola set.

May just be me but it looks great scale wise compared to the old helmet too.

This ANAD stuff really makes me wish we got a Miles Morales, Nova, and Female Thor set instead of those Hulk abominations. :sick:

Nothing about She Hulk is an abomination! She's been a character longer than those noobs :hmpf_bad:

The thing is, the hulk set has amazing minifigures. The vehicles are crap, but they are not abominations. I'd understand if abomination was in the set, but he's not... All the minifigures we're getting next year are great, it's just sad the hulk set has horrible builds.

Edited by amazingbricks

So excited to get these sets! The Brick Heads come out March 1st along with the GOTG Vol 2 sets. Any chance that those Brick Heads will be GOTG based or will they be the same as the SDCC ones?

So excited to get these sets! The Brick Heads come out March 1st along with the GOTG Vol 2 sets. Any chance that those Brick Heads will be GOTG based or will they be the same as the SDCC ones?

Same as the SDCC ones.

Same as the SDCC ones.

Ooooooh! That's great! I thought they were going to be new ones, and I couldn't get the old ones.

Same as the SDCC ones.

Do we know what they will retail at? I bought the SDCC ones a week ago for $60 each but oh well. Hopefully a second wave will come out with more characters!

Ring a ding - that's the one coming in Detroit Steel's set.

Sweet. Hopefully we see significant amounts of yellow printing on his arms and legs, else he's potentially going to be a block of red...

The thing is, the hulk set has amazing minifigures. The vehicles are crap, but they are not abominations. I'd understand if abomination was in the set, but he's not... All the minifigures we're getting next year are great, it's just sad the hulk set has horrible builds.

Am I the only one who thinks hat the builds in the Hulk set look pretty fun? They're not spectacular, yes, but they're not horrible either.

For me, the biggest offender of the Hulk set is the price. $60 for that?! This is starting to get ridiculous.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I may be in the minority here, but this wave reaks of a push-pull marketing ploy to promote All-New, All-Different Marvel, while capitalizing on the popularity of the television series.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Sweet. Hopefully we see significant amounts of yellow printing on his arms and legs, else he's potentially going to be a block of red...

Am I the only one who thinks hat the builds in the Hulk set look pretty fun? They're not spectacular, yes, but they're not horrible either.

For me, the biggest offender of the Hulk set is the price. $60 for that?! This is starting to get ridiculous.

I quite like the builds as well. Like I said when they first were unveiled, they feel kind of Mad Max to me. It's definitely not something that would be universally liked though.