Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Anyone else think its funny we get this very odd character before plain-old Howard the Duck? :grin:

Deadpool Duck has only recently had a mini-series so is probably more active in the Marvel Universe than Howard at the moment.

I'm happy to pass on this figure. No doubt our friends in the custom community are already gearing up to meet pent up demand. 

It still irks me (and by evidence from the FB page a ton of other TLG customers) that they continue these exclusives. 

I wouldn't mind a Deadpool Duck figure. They're already on ebay ~$400. Vixen's a snap ~$200.

Lego must lose a ton of sales doing this. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to collecting, so knowing there's a bunch of figures I can never owns kills the whole thing for me. If not for SDCC exclusives I'd probably go out of my way to complete the superhero ranges.

Ughh. Phoenix, symbiote spidey, spider-woman and now this little guy. 

Of course he is just a novelty figure (mix two rude sarcastic anti-heroes and go golden), and not needed as figure per se, but they know that us, geeks, need him. 

I'll bet that they went for deadpool duck because the people at lego just wanted this figure for theirselfs lol. 

Edit: why didn't they go for the Green Loontern for DC as well? Two duck figures repainted. 

Edited by Borex

4 hours ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Completely agree. Hopefully Hydra Captain America and Deadpool Duck set the tone for Marvel minifig exclusives.

Anyone else think its funny we get this very odd character before plain-old Howard the Duck? :grin:

i agree to this!!!    

only thing they must bring out is The Collector in a regular set, then most collectors should be a bit happier :sweet:

1 minute ago, allstyles said:

i agree to this!!!    

only thing they must bring out is The Collector in a regular set, then most collectors should be a bit happier :sweet:

Theres always Infinity War sets, the possibility is there

32 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Shoot me a message or pm.

Hey did you get my PM? I can't remember whether I sent it to you and I can't check it as I'm on my mobile. Thanks!

3 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Hey did you get my PM? I can't remember whether I sent it to you and I can't check it as I'm on my mobile. Thanks!

I didn't get your PM, but no problem I pm'ed you instead hopefully you can re-create the wings!

I'm bummed about SDCC, while DC Comics will be having a display about the sets.

Marvel, doesn't get any?!? Like wth man. Ughhh 

4 hours ago, allstyles said:

i agree to this!!!    

It better happen

He's got an infinity stone after all

10 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Yeah, in one of the pictures above it looks like he has red and brown dual molded short legs. Not on the official picture though.

It's a trick of the light, due to the angle at which the picture was taken.  The glare from the clamshell case makes the bottom half of the legs look like they're a different color:

Deadpool%20Duck.jpg

The official photo is taken head-on, so there is no such glare:

SDCC2017-2.jpg

At least this time around it's such an obscure figure it would probably never appear in a regular set, which is nice (unlike previous really desirable figures like Collector)

3 hours ago, bobasdad said:

It's a trick of the light, due to the angle at which the picture was taken.  The glare from the clamshell case makes the bottom half of the legs look like they're a different color:

The official photo is taken head-on, so there is no such glare:

Now I see. Is just the yellow note reflecting.

2 hours ago, legozebra said:

At least this time around it's such an obscure figure it would probably never appear in a regular set, which is nice (unlike previous really desirable figures like Collector)

I agree with this sentiment. If SDCC gives us obscure figures that would still be exciting for die hard fans, then at least some people are getting the figures. Hopefully they make enough that the prices don't become insane (looking at you SDCC 2013).

They finally got the exclusive fig thing right I think. Just like Vixen, Deadpool Duck is just the perfect blend of fun and obscure while being non-essential to most collectors(unlike the Collector, ironically).

Honestly, I had never heard of Deadpool Duck before; but now that I have, I really want that minifig.  It was a really good choice for an exclusive, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

They finally got the exclusive fig thing right I think. Just like Vixen, Deadpool Duck is just the perfect blend of fun and obscure while being non-essential to most collectors(unlike the Collector, ironically).

Vixen wasn't perfect for DC, in my opinion. Those shows are getting more and more popular and making SDCC figures the only representation they have in Lego form is slightly irksome. I do think Deadpool Duck is perfect for Marvel though. 

LEGO putting out a Deadpool duck figure is good, I think. They probably wanted to have an SDCC exclusive Deadpool but they didn't want to use the character because he may be in future sets, so they went with a different approach on the character. Thus creating Deadpool Duck.

Edit: And yes my profile pic is already Deadpool Duck :grin:

Edited by The Lupinator

I hope they include normal Howard the Duck as a polybag promotion or something. I can't imagine what type of set he'd be in, but he's too popular to be a SDCC exclusive.

Edited by Evolved Turtle

3 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

he's too popular to be a SDCC exclusive.

So are Shazam, Jean Grey, Bizarro, Spider-Woman, Arsenal, Atom and Vixen...Didn't stop TLG from making them exclusives :hmpf_bad:

6 hours ago, Evolved Turtle said:

I hope they include normal Howard the Duck as a polybag promotion or something. I can't imagine what type of set he'd be in, but he's too popular to be a SDCC exclusive.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in a comic based set next year. He's supposed to have a large role in Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, which could help his chances of becoming a physical minifigure.

Vixen looks like a nice fig, Deadpool Duck doesn't really do anything for me. Glad they didn't do figs I'd really like... like Jean Grey or Arsenal.

4 hours ago, Tygurah said:

So are Shazam, Jean Grey, Bizarro, Spider-Woman, Arsenal, Atom and Vixen...Didn't stop TLG from making them exclusives :hmpf_bad:

True, but I feel like Howard the Duck is more mainstream than those characters in a way, like there would be more of an uproar if he were made exclusive.