Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Am I posting in the correct thread? I'm seeing Bizzaro and Green Lantern. :laugh:

Nah srsly, do you guys think that SDCC exclusive figs is over? 

22 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Am I posting in the correct thread? I'm seeing Bizzaro and Green Lantern. :laugh:

Nah srsly, do you guys think that SDCC exclusive figs is over? 

That would be wonderful if they were over. I could stop worrying about rare characters being exclusive releases at SSCC, and instead hope they get released in sets (like Ms. Marvel and Ghost Rider).

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's already 13th of July. Well, we just have to wait a bit and see. SDCC is next week.

Exactly, I doubt we'll see anything else. Personally, I've always liked the SDCC figs. 

6 minutes ago, Minecraft Architect said:

Exactly, I doubt we'll see anything else. Personally, I've always liked the SDCC figs. 

Yeah, I'm sure everyone's always liked them, just not the fact that they're exclusives!

On a serious note, I'm glad that exclusive minifigures seem to be over. Hopefully the great designs that they seemed to always save for those events are focused into actual sets or maybe even promos.

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

I'm torn. The exclusives are cool and what would I do without the hatred and pain of not being able to obtain them? Then again, it's extremely, extremely annoying that characters like Phoenix and the Collector are exclusives. 

Collector is a big dissapointment. The only character missing in my collection which sux because it's the MCU version.

Hmmmm on a different topic, now that a magazine provides images for Black Panther, there's a chance that we can get a glimpse of lego sets, right?

Sorry for double post.

After watching the film couple of times. I remake the wings, included wing tips (because it's has a major part in the film) now it can flap, move up and down and just like TLG version articulated wing tips (showing metal/grey like in the film) not the other way around. 

Here's my second attempt:

Vulture's Wings v2.

35 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

^That is beautifully done, the detail has more place than scale

Thanks @Aegis2000, glad you like it.

Big fan of MCU's version of Vulture. Hoping we can get other sinister six members as well

*crossfingers

9 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Sorry for double post.

After watching the film couple of times. I remake the wings, included wing tips (because it's has a major part in the film) now it can flap, move up and down and just like TLG version articulated wing tips (showing metal/grey like in the film) not the other way around. 

Here's my second attempt:

Nicely done.  Any chance of seeing a breakdown of the wings?  I'm trying to develop a smaller set for my LEGO Marvel display that are easier to support.

8 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

Nicely done.  Any chance of seeing a breakdown of the wings?  I'm trying to develop a smaller set for my LEGO Marvel display that are easier to support.

Thanks! same reason why I did this wings. When he is on my display case he occupies alot of space wearing the TLG version wings. 

I'll send you a PM and hope that helps. 

PM sent. :wink:

To all people complaining about blue suit Loki being inaccurate stop it! New promo art shows Loki in blue suit just like Lego version! So Lego didn't screw up the colors this time!

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

To all people complaining about blue suit Loki being inaccurate stop it! New promo art shows Loki in blue suit just like Lego version! So Lego didn't screw up the colors this time!

It's exactly how everyone complained over the Shocker minifigure. People on these forums will find any reason to bash a figure or set for being inaccurate before even seeing the movie. I've found that I don't really care about accuracy as much anymore, as long as the figures are cool and I like the builds.

On 7/4/2017 at 6:58 PM, benderisgreat said:

I think Loki looks better with hair instead of helmet anyway. In my opinion the biggest disappointment with Loki is lack of leg prints. 

I ended up using Ayesha's legs, which fit nicely for Loki's torso (see below)

Here is a look at the Thor Ragnorak figs (includes some MODs I made to Grandmaster (swapped out the grey legs and hair, added gold coat), Valkyrie (swapped out that awful hair and added legs), Loki (used my custom gold chrome helm), Thor v.1 (added spiky hair and custom trans blue hammer) and then added my MOC Odin.

35857863175_6013be03de_c.jpgThor: Ragnarok [MCU] [MARVEL] [MOC] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr 

Edited by agoodfella77

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

You dayum serious? Wer did u get that leg printing for Loki? @agoodfella77 lol. 

Haha, at first I thought my Loki came with leg printing -- then I remembered I used Ayesha's legs!  :laugh:

1 minute ago, agoodfella77 said:

Haha, at first I thought my Loki came with leg printing -- then I remembered I used Ayesha's legs!  :laugh:

Nice, well tbh it looks good and very true for him. Awesome awesome! 

What sets are we still expecting? Only mcu sets or also comic/cartoon based ones?

3 minutes ago, Borex said:

What sets are we still expecting? Only mcu sets or also comic/cartoon based ones?

As far as I know just Black Panther and MM's (1 revealed) other than that no. I'm still hoping for cartoon/comic based sets tho, hopefully because just like MM's they revealed just 1 missing the other 2.

Any news on any exclusive SDCC minifigures? 

(*** fingers crossed that they just move on to Brick Headz from now on***)

Just now, agoodfella77 said:

Any news on any exclusive SDCC minifigures? 

(*** fingers crossed that they just move on to Brick Headz from now on***)

Still no, same here^^ But 50/50 it's like a tradition and I doubt they'll break it. But who knows. 

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Aside from Mighty Micros, there's been no confirmation on any comic/cartoon sets. But seeing as Infinity War is coming, I'm okay with that, summer still has a chance to give some

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Aside from Mighty Micros, there's been no confirmation on any comic/cartoon sets. But seeing as Infinity War is coming, I'm okay with that, summer still has a chance to give some

Between Black Panther getting two sets, Infinity War most likely getting six if not more sets, and Ant-Man and the Wasp hopefully at least getting a set, there may not be a ton of room left for cartoon sets. If they do however, I wonder what they will do with Spidey. Ultimate Spider-Man ended sometime last year I think (haven't watched it since the first season) but there's a new Spider-Man cartoon starting soon. There's also the matter of the Sony animated movie starring Miles Morales. I'm assuming Lego can has the Sony movie Spider-Man license since there was the Electro polybag from ASM2 and the 2 Homecoming sets.

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

Between Black Panther getting two sets, Infinity War most likely getting six if not more sets, and Ant-Man and the Wasp hopefully at least getting a set, there may not be a ton of room left for cartoon sets. If they do however, I wonder what they will do with Spidey. Ultimate Spider-Man ended sometime last year I think (haven't watched it since the first season) but there's a new Spider-Man cartoon starting soon. There's also the matter of the Sony animated movie starring Miles Morales. I'm assuming Lego can has the Sony movie Spider-Man license since there was the Electro polybag from ASM2 and the 2 Homecoming sets.

I gotta say you have a point there, considering the number of sets for MCU movies. But isn't DC getting other DCEU sets as well for their release in 2018? (Just me being jealous about comic/cartoon sets) 

As for Spider Man, I think Marvel/Disney owns the merchandise so there's really no problem on releasing sets based on the new TV show and upcoming Miles Morales Spidey. (But very unlikely) We just got lots of sets with comic based ones, just continue with those release villain to complete the roster.