Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's weird. There is no hairpiece shown? But Vulture has face. If his head is bold, it is pretty disappointing, and it would be less accurate than Shocker.

This is what I'm exactly thinking, they won't bother to include hair piece (atleast the 12 doctor/captain stacy) it will stay as is bald which is a bummer.

like what I've said SM:H sets are crap if you compare it with Thor: Ragnarok, figs alone. 

Nice pic, looks like this sets build is better than I expected. Minifigures are meh, except for Iron Man and Spidey. Still it's a must buy for MCU fan!

@benderisgreat correct, for MCU fan of lego this is STILL a must get, you'll never know if you'll get Vulture and Shocker in the future. 

Can't wait to have the Mk 47, probably I'll get another Silver centurion and get the arms and transfer it to the new armor. 

Like what spidey said in the trailers. "awesome, awesome"

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@benderisgreat correct, for MCU fan of lego this is STILL a must get, you'll never know if you'll get Vulture and Shocker in the future. 

Can't wait to have the Mk 47, probably I'll get another Silver centurion and get the arms and transfer it to the new armor. 

Like what spidey said in the trailers. "awesome, awesome"

Another Silver Centurion? They go for 50$ on bricklink unopened, kinda expensive mod tbh.

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Another Silver Centurion? They go for 50$ on bricklink unopened, kinda expensive mod tbh.

Really? Well, in our place you can get it from secondary market for a reasonable price, sealed and good as new. 

Idk if everyone's seen this or not, but thebrickfan posted a list of who may be in the thor Ragnarok sets. Here's a link to the article itself. http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-thor-ragnarok-rumored-set-information/

The Ultimate Battle for Asgard (76084) – 49.99€
Hela
Berserker x2
Valkyrie
Burce Banner
Thor

Thor vs Hulk: Arena Clash (76088) – 59.99€
Hulk
Thor
Loki
Sakaarian Guard
Grandmaster

Just now, Zergos said:

Hela
Berserker x2
Valkyrie
Burce Banner
Thor

Hulk
Thor
Loki
Sakaarian Guard
Grandmaster

Information is basically a combination of what we already knew.

The list of figures and general information about the set came from Delta_Customs
The official titles and pricing came more recently.

The only difference is that the Henchmen in the Ultimate Battle for Asgard are now given the title of 'Berserkers'

Either way, still disappointed that the Thor Vs Hulk set is more expensive - hope it justifies it with the build

Interesting that the cheapest set seems to depict the climax, and a little disappointing since it would imply that Valkyrie will have her design from Sakaar and not when she's being knocked off the pegasus in the trailer. It's nice to hear that we ARE getting someone from Sakaar, though, since those designs are just way too cool.

1 hour ago, Zergos said:

Idk if everyone's seen this or not, but thebrickfan posted a list of who may be in the thor Ragnarok sets. Here's a link to the article itself. http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-thor-ragnarok-rumored-set-information/

Hela
Berserker x2
Valkyrie
Burce Banner
Thor

Hulk
Thor
Loki
Sakaarian Guard
Grandmaster

Can't wait to see the builds! Fingers crossed* Arena please be good! ???

Arena set sounds more interesting than Battle for Asgard, and minifigures in Arena set seem better too. Hope the build is better than most of this years MCU sets since they are really lackluster for some reason! And minifigures wise, Valkyrie and Berserker are the only ones we've yet to see right?

4 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Arena set sounds more interesting than Battle for Asgard, and minifigures in Arena set seem better too. Hope the build is better than most of this years MCU sets since they are really lackluster for some reason! And minifigures wise, Valkyrie and Berserker are the only ones we've yet to see right?

Correct!

We've yet to see Valkyrie and Berserker. I'm wondering if Valkyrie have different skin color true to the actress [Tessa Thompson] I'm hoping that we get the variant that's in the scene where she falls down, but I think it's very unlikely.

Not sure if we've seen this yet, but there's a listing on eBay for Hulk. The thing is, they've got him in the bag with arms separated; the shoulder pad is molded into the arm, making a ring around the top of the arm when viewed from the side.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-76088-Marvel-Thor-Ragnarok-Minifigure-WORLD-WAR-HULK-inhand-ready-to-ship-/292096227455?hash=item44024ab87f%3Ag%3AVggAAOSw2gxYxksf&_trkparms=pageci%3A52059024-2e5a-11e7-85b3-74dbd18041c9%7Cparentrq%3Ac3971a7715b0aa415d610bd6fffe24a4%7Ciid%3A4

At a glance, these are some of the ugliest sets I've ever seen. They look so childish. The MCU got the worst sets this year. 

Edited by LegoShroom

Why does Valkyrie's hair look so ugly? What would work as alternatives?

Also I can't see really well, but does Thor have leg printing in the Ultimate Battle for Asgard set?

Ugh these sets are so underwhelming. Lego get your crap together!!!

Edited by IMBATMAN

I like the arena set and the ship build in the battle for Asgard is pretty cool. But overall these aren't as great as I expected. Next year is Infinity War, so I hope that those sets make up for how lackluster this year was. 

We're doomed' oh my! :cry_sad: Good thing I didn't have my high hopes here as what I'm expecting in what they did with Homecoming. 

Tho, I find the arena set build nice. And heck the hair piece of Valkyrie. LMAO.

Imagine how the underside of that ship looks. These are sets that belong in a Junior line. I had high hopes for these sets, but this is really bad. You can't even slightly adjust that Arena build so that you can buy multiple and have a decent one.

7 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

Also I can't see really well, but does Thor have leg printing in the Ultimate Battle for Asgard set?

Yes he does, I zoomed in the quality of picture is HD, he has printing on the right side of his legs.

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Imagine how the underside of that ship looks. These are sets that belong in a Junior line. I had high hopes for these sets, but this is really bad. You can't even slightly adjust that Arena build so that you can buy multiple and have a decent one.

Add that the color looks nice but yea, this belongs to Juniors line. (Even Juniors won't accept it, because of the stickers) hahaha!

I think the Battle for Asgard set is great personally - a few nice components, and some pretty sound minifigures overall. But the Arena is plain disappointing. Barely half of the arena, the spectator's area is underwhelmingly detailed, and the minifigures un-interesting and brand. It's a shame as this had potential. I will still pick them up, but I am upset.

Other than the ugly builds, grandmaster does not even look like grandmaster and why not just give him the George stacy hair? Would rather have had a decent heimdal figure than that. Other than grandmaster i Think the figures are good but what is up with thors khatanas? Really? I really do not understand what these designers are doing and why they get to continue... I loved collecting LEGO (mostly Star wars and Marvel) but in these newer Waves in both Lines sets are so underwhelming! At first i bought most sets anyway because that is just what i have always done but now i have lost interest and i am definetaly not going to buy sets anymore unless they are really good.

Edited by Stan-Lee

I see $40 in that first set, and then I do see the rumored $60 in the arena. I will buy them if discounted for the minifigures. These are frankly not good. I agree that they look like Juniors builds. The minifigures are superb, and maybe they are concept art (the trailer looks like some Maz Kanata fanatic was in charge of costuming), but these do not match the aesthetic of Thor that I'm used to, and frankly I would've preferred a section of actual Asgard for the first set as opposed to Valkyrie's ship

On the arena set, Thor doesn't have his cape instead a scabbard

Also the light blue cape belongs to Valkyrie, so leaked figs just include it with Thor.

Those berserker are nice, specially they're face prints! I won't say anything about the builds tho.

The battle set is fine but underwhelming. The ship is too bright but the wolf build is cool.

but that arena, it looks like a bad MOC photoshopped onto a superheroes box. It looks so bland and awful. Disappointed.