Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

I finally had some time to take a few pictures. The only problem is that I do not remember how to upload photos from Flickr to Eurobricks, so I have a link to a Flickr album that contains pictures and instructions for the cockpit  modification. I hope this helps to those who wish to modify their Vol. 1 Milanos.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSrLRu8

(P.S. If anybody can teach me how to upload pictures from Flickr to Eurobricks, I will update this post, so you do not have to travel to my Flickr page)

Nice mod! Simple enough and makes Milano's cockpit more accurate to the movie version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So there's a new Guardians trailer out- looks like the drones (in the Ayesha set) are supposed to be able to fit people in them. So it's slightly disappointing no one can fit in the Lego ones, but at least they nailed the overall look of them!

You know what Lego are like for interior space.:wacko:  That's the one big downfall for Lego in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

And yet they were willing to print two different designs for Clayface's eyes and the controls for Catwoman's cycle in TLBM wave. What gives, LEGO?

Different themes have different budgets. Not a surprise that their own huge movie  event takes priority over a regular licensed theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lyichir said:

I can sort of give one reason why the torso might be reused. Ever since Lego almost went out of business in the early '00s, Lego has kept a strict limit on how many different element designs (constituting the mold, color, and print) can be in use at any given time. It's not so much a matter of costing more as prioritizing. A piece with a separate printed design means one printed or recolored element fewer used elsewhere. And while Lego graphic designers may be salaried, as TheBrickHitHouse said, any time spent crafting two similar torso decorations is still time that could otherwise be used on a more distinct or essential graphic for another figure or set. Ultimately, despite designing separate torsos for the previous Guardians of the Galaxy sets Lego considered the reused torso to be an acceptable sacrifice this time for freeing up resources they needed elsewhere, though there's obviously no telling what exactly that higher priority might have been in this specific case.

That's exactly why Lego started using stickers almost every time instead of printing pieces. And personally I have nothing against that unless stickers are hard to put or there's a lot of them. Back to the Guardians topic: tbh there nothing in new Guardians sets that just screams that's where all the budget went! So there's no way that different and more accurate torso design would make the budget sky rocket. Well maybe Lego will make a better version of Gamora for Infinity War sets, who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That's exactly why Lego started using stickers almost every time instead of printing pieces. And personally I have nothing against that unless stickers are hard to put or there's a lot of them. Back to the Guardians topic: tbh there nothing in new Guardians sets that just screams that's where all the budget went! So there's no way that different and more accurate torso design would make the budget sky rocket. Well maybe Lego will make a better version of Gamora for Infinity War sets, who knows?

The only thing that is perfect in those new sets I must say, is baby Groot other than that I can't find any. TBH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realized you can also see what appears to be Ayesha in her navy blue jumpsuit from the set in the drone in the trailer. If it's not her then I guess it's just a random Sovereign person but it's nice to get confirmation that the outfit actually exists in the movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

That's exactly why Lego started using stickers almost every time instead of printing pieces. And personally I have nothing against that unless stickers are hard to put or there's a lot of them. Back to the Guardians topic: tbh there nothing in new Guardians sets that just screams that's where all the budget went! So there's no way that different and more accurate torso design would make the budget sky rocket. Well maybe Lego will make a better version of Gamora for Infinity War sets, who knows?

Just because you don't know where the budget went but that doesn't mean it didn't go somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just realized you can also see what appears to be Ayesha in her navy blue jumpsuit from the set in the drone in the trailer. If it's not her then I guess it's just a random Sovereign person but it's nice to get confirmation that the outfit actually exists in the movie. 

Nice find! IMO it is much better if we got full gold Ayesha on the set but that's just me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

Just because you don't know where the budget went but that doesn't mean it didn't go somewhere

I just specified there's nothing in new sets that just stands out! No minifigure or vehicle, so there's no wow factor, that's why I'm dissapointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nice find! IMO it is much better if we got full gold Ayesha on the set but that's just me. 

That would've been great! I think she would have looked more desirable, but i'm happy with what we got. She looks like she'll have the dark blue suit, so that's good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Scarilian said:

In Ayesha's Revenge, the flicking mechanism piece is incredibly loose and does not connect to the technic pin with any friction. I'm going to have to get a replacement for it.

I can confirm that is a wide spread issue, i modified it as. Built it and just using the same pieces from the set i found a way to secure it so it doesn't bother me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

That would've been great! I think she would have looked more desirable, but i'm happy with what we got. She looks like she'll have the dark blue suit, so that's good.

Yeah, definitely will be a game changer, full gold female with prints. Imagine that! And it is more ICONIC I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know someone has modified their vol 1 Milano, but has anybody modified the vol 2 Milano? I'm still undecided whether or not to get this set (I don't own the original) and am wondering if it is possible to expand the interior or had extra space underneath, particularly where that large curved piece is? 

Edited by JACKATTACKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I know someone has modified their vol 1 Milano, but has anybody modified the vol 2 Milano? I'm still undecided wether or not to get this set (I don't own the original) and am wondering if it is possible to expand the interior or had extra space underneath, particularly where that large curved piece is? 

Have you got a link to where I could find that please? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎1‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:38 AM, PickleManDan said:

I finally had some time to take a few pictures. I hope this helps to those who wish to modify their Vol. 1 Milanos.

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modification

Instructions for the modifications are in the spoiler box below.

  Hide contents

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modificationLEGO Guardians of the Galaxy Milano modification

 

 

 

31 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Have you got a link to where I could find that please? 

I assume you mean the modified vol 1 Milano? It was on the previous page - here you go!

Edited by JACKATTACKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished building Detroit Steel. I know some people were complaining about it being built around the same base as the Hulkbuster, but... well, I kinda love that because that's TOTALLY Hammer Tech.

The other nice thing about building Hammer Tech is not having to stress out about getting the stickers juuuust right. Canonically terrible construction to the rescue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

 

I assume you mean the modified vol 1 Milano? It was on the previous page - here you go!

Nice thanks for doing that! again I love the modified version, FTW!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HyperOnion said:

Just finished building Detroit Steel. I know some people were complaining about it being built around the same base as the Hulkbuster, but... well, I kinda love that because that's TOTALLY Hammer Tech.

The other nice thing about building Hammer Tech is not having to stress out about getting the stickers juuuust right. Canonically terrible construction to the rescue!

All of this is funny  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nice thanks for doing that! again I love the modified version, FTW!

Just saying, it's not my MOD. I don't own the original but i want to modify the vol 2 version to give it more interior/space, has anybody tried to do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Just saying, it's not my MOD. I don't own the original but i want to modify the vol 2 version to give it more interior/space, has anybody tried to do it? 

I think it will be hard to modify the v2 because of its interior. You will be needing a lot of pieces, if you want to you can check on the net how the v1 body is built. Then brick link the parts and that would do it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

 

I assume you mean the modified vol 1 Milano? It was on the previous page - here you go!

I really should look further.:laugh:  I just didn't think it was posted here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I know someone has modified their vol 1 Milano, but has anybody modified the vol 2 Milano? I'm still undecided whether or not to get this set (I don't own the original) and am wondering if it is possible to expand the interior or had extra space underneath, particularly where that large curved piece is? 

I will give it a shot later, though I'm not too sure if I will be successful.

Though I think you should pick up the Milano regardless, if Quinjets are anything to go by, the next Milano will probably be even smaller! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I will give it a shot later, though I'm not too sure if I will be successful.

Though I think you should pick up the Milano regardless, if Quinjets are anything to go by, the next Milano will probably be even smaller! :laugh:

Good luck man! looking forward for the finish product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I will give it a shot later, though I'm not too sure if I will be successful.

Though I think you should pick up the Milano regardless, if Quinjets are anything to go by, the next Milano will probably be even smaller! :laugh:

Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

Yep, the next Milano will be Ravager Attack size!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

Yep, the next Milano will be Ravager Attack size!!!

That would be great for building a Ravager army from the first movie though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.