Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

On 22/02/2017 at 6:44 AM, SpiderJazz said:

For now, Spiderman: Homecoming sets already been revealed. Minifigure in silhouette is Shocker

Thor: Ragnarok to follow, (but we got an early look for bigfig Hulk) We do have the minifigs list for the upcoming sets, thanks to Delta Customs

I'm hoping for a polybag to just pop up! I really want a version of Home made spidey suit minifig.

Jang is not really a fan of superheroes stuff I think, that's why. but still props to him for a quality review.

When was this shown?  Have I completely missed something? 

Edited by Legoman123

34 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

:hmpf_bad:

I can already see that there's going to be trouble keeping spoilers for the latest Marvel film out of this thread...and I swear to the almighty Lego gods I will not have another Marvel film ruined because of loose lips in the Licensed threads!

This is not a film discussion thread. This is a Lego set discussion thread. Do I see Ego in any of the sets? No; that means we are not getting him. So don't bring him up and then don't also start droppin spoilers about him. Talk about the sets. 

This thread is for set discussion. If you want to talk about the movie, take it over to Community & Multimedia. 

Thank you. 

Ooops sorry Captain! Image has been removed.

@Legoman123 What part of that?

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Sorry should of said, I meant the Thor minifigures.

Thor: Ragnarok

Set #1

-Gladiator Ring

-Gladiator Hulk, Thor (with helmet mold), Loki, Grandmaster and a Guard

Set #2

-Ship Build

-Bruce Banner (turning into Hulk), Thor (with helmet mold), Valkyrie, Hela and two henchmen

7 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thor: Ragnarok

Set #1

-Gladiator Ring

-Gladiator Hulk, Thor (with helmet mold), Loki, Grandmaster and a Guard

Set #2

-Ship Build

-Bruce Banner (turning into Hulk), Thor (with helmet mold), Valkyrie, Hela and two henchmen

So the Bruce Banner is a minifigure then?  It's a shame there's no Dr. Strange though. 

@Legoman123 I assume he's a minifig, with intricate printing. There's alot of characters  that is missing the roster. Dr. Strange was previously released so I'm okay with that. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

@Legoman123 I assume he's a minifig, with intricate printing. There's alot of characters  that is missing the roster. Dr. Strange was previously released so I'm okay with that. 

Hopefully he'll have a normal side to his face as well.  I've wanted a Bruce Banner mini figure since the first Avengers sets were released. 

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

:hmpf_bad:

I can already see that there's going to be trouble keeping spoilers for the latest Marvel film out of this thread...and I swear to the almighty Lego gods I will not have another Marvel film ruined because of loose lips in the Licensed threads!

This is not a film discussion thread. This is a Lego set discussion thread. Do I see Ego in any of the sets? No; that means we are not getting him. So don't bring him up and then don't also start droppin spoilers about him. Talk about the sets. 

This thread is for set discussion. If you want to talk about the movie, take it over to Community & Multimedia. 

Thank you. 

I understand it being off topic, but how is it a spoiler if it's been revealed? 

20 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Hopefully he'll have a normal side to his face as well.  I've wanted a Bruce Banner mini figure since the first Avengers sets were released. 

You're not the only one. At least we can just swap the minfigure torso if the head is normal.

58 minutes ago, Foxes Productionz said:

(Deleted. Misread post.)

(How do I delete this? I don't see an option to do so. If a mod could do so for me, it would be appreciated.)

Edited by daryen
Misread post.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

You're not the only one. At least we can just swap the minfigure torso if the head is normal.

That's true, I think he'll just have torn trousers & shirt for the affect of him changing.

I know I'm 2,5 years late to the game, but since new Milano is so bad, I decided to get 2014 one. Found it with 15% discount so a great deal! I love this version of Milano so much , it just has so much more to offer than new one. Glad I got it, going to get 2017 Guardians sets soon and put minifigures  in old Milano!

Edited by benderisgreat

20 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Scarilian They created their own convention, yea I remember this one. Even SDCC figs are not that sure now.

The D23 convention isn't new, it has been running for several years since 2009. It is just recent that Marvel is included now too, since the previous conventions focused on Disney Films, TV, and Theme Parks (Theme Park news is still the biggest draw of the D23 convention, especially since it is held in Anaheim across the street from Disneyland). Considering that Disneyland is going to get a theme park ride based on the Guardians of the Galaxy in May, and already has meet and greet opportunities with Captain America and Spider-Man; it seems D23 will be an easy fit for Marvel. Since D23 is held though only every other year, bet a full Marvel presence in SDCC 2018.

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I would hate it if Ego is an SDCC exclusive. Honestly, Lego should stop doing amazing new characters for those. I really want a Collector minifigure but I don't want to pay $250 for him. If he was in a set, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

I really am disliking the SDCC exclusive policy too. The only people who get a hold of them are AFOL's in SoCal, scalpers, and AFOL's with money to travel to SDCC to get it themselves, or pay a scalper to get it. In relative terms, I don't live to far away from California, but it is still a nine to eleven hour road trip to reach San Diego, not a fun endeavor; nor a cheap one at that. That is part of why I have never been down to the SDCC, and probably why it isn't going to happen anytime soon for me. 

Speaking of which there are a few characters that if Lego releases as an SDCC exclusive I will be royally pissed. Like if Spider-Gwen or Squirrel Girl are released as SDCC figs and not regular retail figs. It would be awful!

Anyways, a bit back on the topic of set discussion. I bought the Iron Man vs. Detroit Steel and Ayesha's Revenge last week on my birthday. Detroit Steel surprised me in that the basic frame build is actually the exact same as the Hulkbuster from 2015, putting the two almost to the same height. The figs were great, but finally getting a Coulson and Lola too were the highlight. Ayesha's Revenge was fun. I don't quite know what to do with the yellow "bathysphere" space ship thing but all the figs were awesome too. Especially Groot. I am a bit disappointed though that it didn't include Star Lord's helmet. I missed out on the original Guardians of the Galaxy wave, so I am glad to have a chance to collect the new sets.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

17 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Do I see Ego in any of the sets? No; that means we are not getting him.

We cannot dismiss the possibility of getting him at SDCC or via other methods of distribution such as polybag's - unless you are certain the SDCC figure is not going to be him? and that he will not be released in any way in 2017.

39 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I know I'm 2,5 years late to the game, but since new Milano is so bad, I decided to get 2014 one. Found it with 15% discount so a great deal! I love this version of Milano so much , it just has so much more to offer than new one. Glad I got it, going to get 2017 Guardians sets soon and put minifigures  in old Milano!

27 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I bought the Iron Man vs. Detroit Steel and Ayesha's Revenge last week on my birthday. Detroit Steel surprised me in that the basic frame build is actually the exact same as the Hulkbuster from 2015, putting the two almost to the same height. The figs were great, but finally getting a Coulson and Lola too were the highlight. Ayesha's Revenge was fun. I don't quite know what to do with the yellow "bathysphere" space ship thing but all the figs were awesome too. Especially Groot. I am a bit disappointed though that it didn't include Star Lord's helmet. I missed out on the original Guardians of the Galaxy wave, so I am glad to have a chance to collect the new sets.

Dont forget to buy a few of this guy while you can. I believe his arm's would work well on Star Lord, Gamora, Yondu and potentially Taserface or other Ravagers. Generally the Ravager-style red GOTG figures work extremely well with his arms.

817iwf3YGsL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Scarilian said:

We cannot dismiss the possibility of getting him at SDCC - unless you are certain the SDCC figure is not going to be him? and that he will not be released in any way in 2017.

I think he means because this post is for set discussions only (confirmed sets that is) he doesn't want us discussing something we haven't got in those sets. I'm sure once the SDCC exclusives are revealed we can discuss them too.

1 hour ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I really am disliking the SDCC exclusive policy too. The only people who get a hold of them are AFOL's in SoCal, scalpers, and AFOL's with money to travel to SDCC to get it themselves, or pay a scalper to get it. In relative terms, I don't live to far away from California, but it is still a nine to eleven hour road trip to reach San Diego, not a fun endeavor; nor a cheap one at that. That is part of why I have never been down to the SDCC, and probably why it isn't going to happen anytime soon for me. 

Speaking of which there are a few characters that if Lego releases as an SDCC exclusive I will be royally pissed. Like if Spider-Gwen or Squirrel Girl are released as SDCC figs and not regular retail figs. It would be awful!

Have to agree. They reward you for living in close proximity to the convention, or having the money to be able to travel there. 

If they use more popular characters, such as the Spider Gwen and Squirrel Girl that you mention, then LEGO will loose characters that will make fans buy sets. If either of them appeared in a set, so many AFOLs would want them, but instead, LEGO just chooses to give us figures like unneeded Captain America variants, Ultimate Spider Girl, Detroit Steel, Super Adaptoid, Red She Hulk (I can't actually complain about the last three, it's just their obscurity). If SDCC exclusives were the more obscure characters (like Batman Zurr-En Arrh), then there wouldn't be a problem

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

I think he means because this post is for set discussions only (confirmed sets that is) he doesn't want us discussing something we haven't got in those sets. I'm sure once the SDCC exclusives are revealed we can discuss them too.

Do we get a topic for speculation then? Just wondering as the Pirates theme has two topics for the POTC 5 sets, one for confirmed the other for speculation.

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Have to agree. They reward you for living in close proximity to the convention, or having the money to be able to travel there.

Pretty much - if they ever release an exclusive figure that is important to the theme such as if they were to release Ego exclusively to SDCC with no plans to distribute elsewhere, it would put me off collecting the characters given it'd start to become too expensive to get all the main important figures.

SDCC exclusive's should be random weird characters based on the comics

28 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Do we get a topic for speculation then? Just wondering as the Pirates theme has two topics for the POTC 5 sets, one for confirmed the other for speculation.

Pretty much - if they ever release an exclusive figure that is important to the theme such as if they were to release Ego exclusively to SDCC with no plans to distribute elsewhere, it would put me off collecting the characters given it'd start to become too expensive to get all the main important figures.

SDCC exclusive's should be random weird characters based on the comics

Not the famous ones, like Ego. Right? It really hurts when they will release famous characters that will complete the roster of your own collection, great example is Collector. 

19 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I was really hoping to see Doctor Strange in these sets if for no other reason than the fact that the fig we got is pretty inaccurate to the movie. Maybe for Infinity War we'll see him improved.

2 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I was really hoping to see Doctor Strange in these sets if for no other reason than the fact that the fig we got is pretty inaccurate to the movie. Maybe for Infinity War we'll see him improved.

Yeap, exactly.

Just now, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Actually Doctor Strange minifigures torso and legs are pretty accurate to the movie. The head and hairpiece are not accurate to Cumberbatch's portrayal of the character though. Hope we will get new head and hair for Infinity War sets next year.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Actually Doctor Strange minifigures torso and legs are pretty accurate to the movie. The head and hairpiece are not accurate to Cumberbatch's portrayal of the character though. Hope we will get new head and hair for Infinity War sets next year.

The eye is completely wrong, and the tunic is only slightly wrong. The head's pretty far off, and I don't mind the hair so much because it's more traditional. I'm surprised that they didn't lean a lot more heavily into the subtle ankh they designed into his tunic, honestly, but even without that it could've been far more accurate.

2 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

The eye is completely wrong, and the tunic is only slightly wrong. The head's pretty far off, and I don't mind the hair so much because it's more traditional. I'm surprised that they didn't lean a lot more heavily into the subtle ankh they designed into his tunic, honestly, but even without that it could've been far more accurate.

For sure because of the concept art that lego has. Well, if they will release Strange in future sets (Infinity Wars) I'm sure they'll correcting everything like what they did first with Vision, then Spidey. 

42 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

For sure because of the concept art that lego has. Well, if they will release Strange in future sets (Infinity Wars) I'm sure they'll correcting everything like what they did first with Vision, then Spidey. 

Well tbh, they only corrected Infinity Stone on Vision's head but the rest of the body is still not movie accurate.

Edited by benderisgreat