Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, bobasdad said:

Each of these sets comes with a printed tile featuring a stylized Brickheadz icon and a "1" in a word bubble, which suggests to me that TLG is planning to release at least one more wave.

They can't leave Thor and Hawkeye as the only founding (MCU) Avengers left out! Add Spidey, and maybe Scarlet Witch, and you've got at least one more wave. Disappointed that Doctor Strange and Black Panther were SDCC exclusives, though...

Would only have a potential interest in the Marvel Brickheadz and by making Doctor Strange and Black Panther exclusive (plus doing the comic version of Doctor Strange rather than the movie-version) I'm not particularly interested in collecting these.

We dont get the main four Avengers, instead Thor gets replaced by Black Widow whose Lego hair doesnt look right, has a Lego belt that just looks odd and a grey line around her thats included on the printed piece.

I'm late to the party on this, but I have created a separate thread for Lego BrickHeadz, as it is a unique sub-theme of greater Licensed. Due to the close relationship of properties--being that BrickHeadz currently encompasses DC and Marvel, you may continue to discuss the theme in either their associated Superhero threads or the specific BrickHeadz thread itself.

Do note however that all set information on the BrickHeadz theme will now be exclusively posted in said designated thread, and not in their associated Superhero threads which was previously the case.

Thanks everyone! :thumbup:  

I'm watching JangBricks's review of Detroit Steel Strikes, and I honestly don't really like the new Iron Man helmet on Iron Man himself. It looks fine on everyone except the armor in that set. It just looks really flat and strange and I may replace it with an extra opening helmet of my own when I get it. 

20 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm watching JangBricks's review of Detroit Steel Strikes, and I honestly don't really like the new Iron Man helmet on Iron Man himself. It looks fine on everyone except the armor in that set. It just looks really flat and strange and I may replace it with an extra opening helmet of my own when I get it. 

The good thing is that old movie accurate helmet is still in production and lego will probably use it for movie version of Iron Man.

33 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

You won't really be able to replace it with another opening helmet, cos this figure is bright red and all other Iron Man helmets (with 5 exceptions) are dark red

47 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think it looks good for Invincible Iron Man but it won't work for MCU Iron Man which is unfortunate because I am so dang sick of that helmet, it's looong outstayed its welcome and it isn't versatile enough to look good and different enough to encompass the changes since mk 3. A couple extra lines of print and a new color just doesn't cut it. If we could at least get a different mold for the face plate, that'd be enough, the rest of the helmet is acceptable.

15 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

They look like his ears to me with the darker shade down the sides and under his chin being the strap.

13 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I doubt it. Don't forget Cap's ears poke out from the sides of his helmet. And the straps aren't so far back. Either way it looks bad.

Alright alright, calm down guys :tongue: You're right by the way. Having now seen them in my computer, they're the same color as his skin. On my phone, i thought I saw dark tan pieces on the side, but i was wrong. Carry on.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I think it looks good for Invincible Iron Man but it won't work for MCU Iron Man which is unfortunate because I am so dang sick of that helmet, it's looong outstayed its welcome and it isn't versatile enough to look good and different enough to encompass the changes since mk 3. A couple extra lines of print and a new color just doesn't cut it. If we could at least get a different mold for the face plate, that'd be enough, the rest of the helmet is acceptable.

I agree with you, it won't work for MCU Ironman.

What I want to see with that new helmet mold is Mark 1 armor. ANAD Invincible Ironman works for me, but I prefer the old one. Opening face plate is dayum cool.

55 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Alright alright, calm down guys :tongue: You're right by the way. Having now seen them in my computer, they're the same color as his skin. On my phone, i thought I saw dark tan pieces on the side, but i was wrong. Carry on.

Didn't mean any offence :classic:

Some of the DC Brickheadz have those hideous ears too. Why, LEGO, why?

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Just thought I would point out that Lego has never made a Mark 3 armor. The earliest (MCU) full armor is the Mark 06, and if you want to get cute about it (I do...) the Mark 5 is included as a suitcase in the Malibu Mansion.

Just realized that magneto has a double sided head in the mighty Micros set. Very interesting, it's actually normal looking compared to the other MM minifigures.

1 hour ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Just realized that magneto has a double sided head in the mighty Micros set. Very interesting, it's actually normal looking compared to the other MM minifigures.

It can be seen here :)

5 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Yeap, that's why we cannot use that as a symbiote head for black spidey :cry_sad:

Oh my goodness wow! I might have to pick up that Mighty Micros! I didn't realize how accurate that Magneto actually is! 

5 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Are you US or UK based? I've got a spare custom Symbiote spidey head from Poppunkmunky..

http://flic.kr/p/J9uhAf

I'm from Philippines, thanks for the offer tho. I really appreciate it! :blush: I was so disappointed yet shocked when I saw the back of that head piece, because it's a mix of both good and bad hahaha!

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Oh my goodness wow! I might have to pick up that Mighty Micros! I didn't realize how accurate that Magneto actually is! 

Yeap it's perfect Magneto you can actually use it for non-mighty micros Magneto figs.

11 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm from Philippines, thanks for the offer tho. I really appreciate it! :blush: I was so disappointed yet shocked when I saw the back of that head piece, because it's a mix of both good and bad hahaha!

Yeap it's perfect Magneto you can actually use it for non-mighty micros Magneto figs.

Sorry haha - I don't know why I focused in on US or UK! Apologies.

9 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Sorry haha - I don't know why I focused in on US or UK! Apologies.

No problem! Majority of the peeps here is from US or UK, so that's alrighty! 

Going back, do we have dual molded red and yellow legs? I want to change the legs of MM Ironman. 

8 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Doesn't it look like a rather kiddish Magneto?

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Going back, do we have dual molded red and yellow legs? I want to change the legs of MM Ironman. 

No. DC fans also want them for the Flash.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Doesn't it look like a rather kiddish Magneto?

No. DC fans also want them for the Flash.

Ya for sure the old face on the other side looks cartoony along with the torso. But putting that black head on the original Magneto will make a really accurate figure.