Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Lego has released their own brick artwork version of the Thor: Ragnarok poster. While it’s oh-so-cool and I want a full-size one (I have the actual theatrical poster already), it’s notable that lego made two modifications to the characters on the bottom: as they haven’t appeared in minifigure form, Odin and Heimdall don’t get too the LEGO treatment on the poster, instead replaced by Hela Berserkers. How sad, I was holding out hope for at least a tease of what could’ve been...

Its also odd that they use the Civil War quinjet on the poster as opposed to the Age of Ultron quinjet, as that is what Hulk left in and what’s featured on the actual poster.

If you want to see what they'd look like, Lego included Odin and Heimdal in their equivalent poster for The Dark World. No real pieces were used to make either character, so we can't emulate them–even Odin's hair is a recolor that doesn't exist physically. Interestingly, Heimdal's sword is a recolor of one of the Knight's Kingdom swords, which is a cool choice I wouldn't have thought of.

Also, the jet on the real poster doesn't quite match the jet from Ultron– for whatever reason, it lacks the prominent red accents from Ultron. However, Lego's AoU jet (76032) didn't have the red accents either. In fact, almost all the toys from Ultron show the Quinjet with this omission, so I assume Marvel gave the toy companies inaccurate concept art. Weirdly, the Quinjet seen in Civil War (the movie) look almost exactly like the design used for the Ultron toys (and consequently, this poster), while the paint job the Civil War toys got are way darker than the on-screen design, and therefore don't match anything. That's all to say, you're right– they should've used the Ultron set, both because it matches the poster (they're both inaccurate in the same way), and because it is the plane Hulk used in-universe.

And now for the minor detail I don't love– I don't think Thor's new haircut looks like that piece.  I think the Sleepy Hair is better.

Anyone else think Lego may regret making the Commodore ship after seeing the movie...considering what they say it's actually used for... :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Anyone else think Lego may regret making the Commodore ship after seeing the movie...considering what they say it's actually used for... :laugh:

Oh.....yeah, only just realised this. Incredible.

After seeing Ragnarok I can say that sets are pretty accurate, except for Berserkers who look way different in the movie. But that lightning face Thor is on point!

Edited by benderisgreat

I do wish we had gotten a third set from a Ragnarok, would have happily sacrificed the second Spider Man set. In my opinion this film felt bigger than Guardians 2 and had enough characters to fill 3 sets.

a second Asgard battle set could have featured Korg, Skurge, Heimdall and some more berserkers. Maybe even a set featuring Surtur in Giant Man or Steppanwolf fashion. A real shame that didn't happen!

18 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where can I find the image of Lego’s poster?

It’s all over it’s on legos instragram the brick fan sites and accounts like that

22 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Where can I find the image of Lego’s poster?

The Brick Fan has an article about it

4 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

Oh.....yeah, only just realised this. Incredible.

I was thinking the same thing when someone mentioned some fireworks might have been nice. I can only imagine an accurate set description:

”Help Valkyrie save the day with the Commadore, a top of the line *** ship” 

9 hours ago, Whovastron said:

That's not the first time - remember the Milano? "Under a blacklight this place looks like a Jackson Pollock painting." Probably just best to disinfect all of your Marvel spaceship interiors :laugh:

On 10/25/2017 at 12:03 PM, GeekByKnight said:

No spoilers, but having seen Thor, the sets they did see SUPER dissapointing. There's SO MUCH other, much cooler, stuff they could have done. Valkyrie's ship alone would have been better than both sets combined.

Really? Valkyrie's ship didn't impress me much. It just kinda looks like the Bat from Dark Knight Rises but in gray.

On 11/4/2017 at 5:01 AM, Whovastron said:

Caught my son asking what an "oogie" is, he hadn't ever heard that word before so doesn't remember it.

On 11/4/2017 at 7:09 AM, benderisgreat said:

After seeing Ragnarok I can say that sets are pretty accurate, except for Berserkers who look way different in the movie. But that lightning face Thor is on pont!

Fixed that for you.

23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Spider-Man, Star lord and nebula mighty micros all leaked. I love Star lords head

I hope he has a double with a quill face, maybe rocking to his music :)

I was already excited for the spiderman cause i missed the bridge and wanted scarlet spider, but that face does work for a homemade suit

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Spider-Man, Star lord and nebula mighty micros all leaked. I love Star lords head

Sorry, let me rephrase that. Are there new images available aside from the watermarked catalog pictures?

1 minute ago, Aegis2000 said:

Sorry, let me rephrase that. Are there new images available aside from the watermarked catalog pictures?

There are no official pictures of these but what leaked where the minifigures from 2 of the mighty micros coming in 2018

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There are no official pictures of these but what leaked where the minifigures from 2 of the mighty micros coming in 2018

Very interesting, I’ll do my best to track them down! Thanks for the heads up!

Found them! Not a fan of the Guardians, but man is that Scarlet Spider fantastic! The face really is a perfect head for the Homemade suit!

Wow that Nebula is really awful. Disgusting figure really. They should have gone with some black hair for her.

Star-Lord is great and that Scarlet Spidey is awesome! Star-Lord's torso is perfect if anyone wants to make some Ravagers.

Edited by Legocity2713

Can't wait to go home after work and search it on IG. How about the other figs? Hmmmm. Really wanna see that spidey face! 

19 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Excited that marvel 2018 minifigures are starting to leak! Hopefully some Black Panther minifigures soon!

Indeed! I'm jealous because of the TLBM stuff and other DC comic sets. It's payback time! 

14 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Indeed! I'm jealous because of the TLBM stuff and other DC comic sets. It's payback time! 

I just want confirmation of printing on Black Panther’s legs and Klaw’s sonic arm! 

19 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is there a 2018 thread yet?

No.

42 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I just want confirmation of printing on Black Panther’s legs and Klaw’s sonic arm! 

Me too! I want to see how they done the updated BP fig.

So, I don't know guys but how did you say this MM spidey is perfect for home made suit from Homecoming. Hmmmm I can't see it.