Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

39 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This is in addition to the huge regular release Infinity War set, right?

On 04/10/2017 at 7:49 PM, Catanas said:

There are actually 6 Avengers sets plus a D2C. ^^

7 sets so far;
6 main Avengers Infinity War sets - we saw the boxes in the catalogue
1 D2C set (priced at around £100) - not shown in catalogue

39 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Really? Huh. That’s kind of a small D2C, I was expecting something at a minimum price of $200

We've had a few D2C's near £100

Building - Brick Bank - 2380 pieces - £129.99
Building - Palace Cinema - 2196 pieces - £129.99
Bit of Both - Fairground Mixer - 1746  - £119.99
Vehicle - London Bus - 1686 pieces - £109.99
Vehicle - Maersk Line Triple-E  - 1518 pieces - £109.99

The closest to the £100 have been vehicle Lego sets. This coupled with wanting to have something fairly iconic that would probably appear in Avengers Infinity War (2018), Avengers 4 (2019)... my bet is on it being The Milano.

Interestingly enough someone made a UCS Milano with roughly 1500 pieces - so it's definitely possible for us to get a roughly £100 Milano D2C. Would work especially well with dividing up some of the GOTG members so the main Avengers Infinity War sets can focus more on the main Avengers. Would also help to explain why the version we got for GOTG2 was focused a lot more on function - especially if they had one focused on design/spectacle on the way.

*The UCS Milano depicted here suprisingly has areas where you could replicate scenes that are from the Avengers Infinity War Comic Con Trailer

Edited by Scarilian

There is one big reason why I don’t think it could be the Milano. It’s a avengers film not a guardians film. The guardians are supporting characters in this movie. I could see them doing a small scale Milano in a set but not for a big ucs set for a movie where the guardians are not the main characters. The compound makes the most sense 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Let's all keep the speculation to a minimum, please. Other than the rumor that we're supposedly getting a D2C for the Marvel theme, nothing more is known. So let's not jump to conclusions and run wild with theories of possible sets--that only causes confusion down the line when the set is revealed and everyone was expecting something else. 

Take speculation elsewhere--thanks! :thumbup: 

On 10/4/2017 at 3:25 AM, SpiderJazz said:

2 Black Panther and 6 Infinity War sets are confirmed ( We don't know yet what we are getting )

- More likely it will also happen in Antman and The Wasp probs because that's the trend 2 sets for solo movies (Thor/Spiderman/BP) Thoit not confirmed yet. 

That's great news! Hope the sets they come in aren't too pricy.

Just now, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

That's great news! Hope the sets they come in aren't too pricy.

There's actually a leaked catalog showing the sizes of the 6 box for Infinity War and 2 for Black Panther.

Atleast just to give you an idea.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

There's actually a leaked catalog showing the sizes of the 6 box for Infinity War and 2 for Black Panther.

Obviously, you can't post that here, but where does one access said catalog?

Edited by Don Neimoidte de la Mancha

Infinity War Iron Man has an X on his back similar to Mach V. That must be the top left Brickheadz figure on the Marvel side that we were unsure of.

Iron Man Concept Art

7 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Wow I wonder how they will do that in minifigure form but seeing that image I bet your right that brickheadz is iron man

Accesory similar to Blue Beetle or an entire new design mold for neck attachment. They can do that. 

Aside from Ironman, I've also seen Spidey and Thor costumes for Infinity War, hopefully TLG can give justice with translating it to minifigure form.

Just a heads up, in the new Lego holiday catalog there is "Last Chance!" labels on Ayesha's Revenge and The Milano vs. The Abilisk. Ravager Attack isn't anywhere in the catalog but I suspect that might be on the way out if the other two are.

As great as all this info and discussion is, why isn't it happening in the 2018 Marvel thread?

Just now, Ultron said:

As great as all this info and discussion is, why isn't it happening in the 2018 Marvel thread?

I believe there's  no 2018 discussion thread yet, that's why.

18 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I feel it might be time then!

5 hours ago, Ultron said:

I feel it might be time then!

23 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

There is.  It has just fallen to the wayside.

76099 Killmonger's Chase
76100 Battle for Wakanda

found this on 4chan, don't know if it is real because it is 4chan, but it sounds real.

I couldn't find a 2018 thread so here it is.

On 10/19/2017 at 6:43 PM, jake0324demo said:

76099 Killmonger's Chase
76100 Battle for Wakanda

found this on 4chan, don't know if it is real because it is 4chan, but it sounds real.

I couldn't find a 2018 thread so here it is.

Hmmmmmm...

Battle for Wakanda is interesting because we just got battle for asgard. Still not sure, sound pretty basic to me. Then again, Lego set names are basic.

I hope we get a new mask mold, because the new Panther suit looks amazing. However, I doubt it could be used for Killmonger, so maybe they’ll go with the ear piece again which I’m not a huge fan of. I’m sure we’ll get some amazing figures, though. I’m really holding out hope for Nakia, some Dora Milaje members, Shuri, and Ramonda in her regal outfit. 

No spoilers, but having seen Thor, the sets they did see SUPER dissapointing. There's SO MUCH other, much cooler, stuff they could have done. Valkyrie's ship alone would have been better than both sets combined.

@jake0324demo one week ago found uncomfirmed info about Black Panther set names, they were: 

76099 Killmonger's Chase
76100 Battle for Wakanda

He posted names for The Last Jedi sets on Star Wars forum, and yesterday a list for 2018 sets was posted, and it was probably confirmed to be true. So these names are true for like 97,3%.

Ragnarok was amazing! I’m talking about set accuracy in the spoiler tag, so there will be some spoilers.

The sets were fairly accurate. In the arena I would’ve rather had Topaz instead of a generic guard, though. The set itself is accurate enough even if it’s a bit too bright and doesn’t include a special viewing box for the Grandmaster and Loki. Battle for Asgard would’ve been better with a build for the rainbow bridge, and the bersekers don’t make sense since Hela’s army is resurrected Asgardian bodies in then movie and they don’t look like the figures we got. The Fenris Wolf is accurate and so is the Commodore ship, although it would’ve been cool to maybe get a fireworks launching feature out of the back of the ship. I feel like Skurge and Heimdall should’ve gotten minifigures, since they had big enough roles in the final battle. I also would’ve preferred Valkyrie’s final outfit, but it makes sense why they chose her Sakaar outfit since she was wearing it for most of the movie. It would’ve been amazing to get a one eyed Thor, but that would’ve been a huge spoiler. Hopefully we’ll get a new Thor with short hair and an eyepatch for Infinity War!

9 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Ragnarok was amazing! I’m talking about set accuracy in the spoiler tag, so there will be some spoilers.

Hide contents

The sets were fairly accurate. In the arena I would’ve rather had Topaz instead of a generic guard, though. The set itself is accurate enough even if it’s a bit too bright and doesn’t include a special viewing box for the Grandmaster and Loki. Battle for Asgard would’ve been better with a build for the rainbow bridge, and the bersekers don’t make sense since Hela’s army is resurrected Asgardian bodies in then movie and they don’t look like the figures we got. The Fenris Wolf is accurate and so is the Commodore ship, although it would’ve been cool to maybe get a fireworks launching feature out of the back of the ship. I feel like Skurge and Heimdall should’ve gotten minifigures, since they had big enough roles in the final battle. I also would’ve preferred Valkyrie’s final outfit, but it makes sense why they chose her Sakaar outfit since she was wearing it for most of the movie. It would’ve been amazing to get a one eyed Thor, but that would’ve been a huge spoiler. Hopefully we’ll get a new Thor with short hair and an eyepatch for Infinity War!

I think the sets are great as well, but do wish out of any characters that we had gotten korg in the arena, and skurge and heimdall, guess its ok we didn't get odin or new strange

Edited by legosamsonite

Lego has released their own brick artwork version of the Thor: Ragnarok poster. While it’s oh-so-cool and I want a full-size one (I have the actual theatrical poster already), it’s notable that lego made two modifications to the characters on the bottom: as they haven’t appeared in minifigure form, Odin and Heimdall don’t get too the LEGO treatment on the poster, instead replaced by Hela Berserkers. How sad, I was holding out hope for at least a tease of what could’ve been...

Its also odd that they use the Civil War quinjet on the poster as opposed to the Age of Ultron quinjet, as that is what Hulk left in and what’s featured on the actual poster.