Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's what I know, thought it has differnt printing, coz I have it and I don't see anything that is different other that the tentacles.

Yeah, I'm literally looking at both of them right now, and that's the only difference.

21 hours ago, Borex said:

I would hate a lizard bigfig. To me he is just a mutated doc connors. Same height just one extra arm and of course a reptile instead of a human :-) so i hope for a minifig. 

Seconded! The Lizard should absolutely be a minifig--wouldn't make no sense as a big fig.

10 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Bricklink calls them two different minifigs, but the only difference is that the Spider Cycle Chase version has the black vine tentacle "backpack," and the Juniors doesn't.

If you click through to the parts on Bricklink. You can check to see if the head and torso for both Venoms have the same part no. That should clear things up as to whether there is any real difference. I've seen lots of figures listed twice simply because one has a neck brace.

That head looks a lot less Ben Reiley and a lot more Homecoming DIY suit. If the colors weren't backwards I'd assume it WAS the Homecoming suit. I'm not sure any of these are a must-buy for me from the Marvel side. All these characters have been done before and none of their parts seem super useful otherwise. I do love the Sandman build, giving him a little dumptruck is adorable, and I think if we get a better look at the printing on Loki I might want him more. 

On 8/24/2017 at 3:55 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Hmm, venom from Juniors line is different from the Spider cycle chase with Fury? 

How different is it?

- I can't imagine a lizard that's a minifig, it would look weird to have a head that is reptile, and atleast a tail. But who knows, probably that's the reason why we haven't gotten him yet. Because TLG cann't decide wether it will be a minifig or bigfig

They do still have the CMF lizard suit pieces laying around, that could work for his head and tail if they didn't want to make new pieces. I'd be pretty comfortable with either, though. When it comes to Spidey big bads and bigfigs, I'm only ride or die for a big Venom.

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

When it comes to Spidey big bads and bigfigs, I'm only ride or die for a big Venom.

Same. We need some more Marvel ones in general besides Hulk recolors and Thanos (and Ultimate Goblin).

Am I the only one who would like to see a lizard bigfig, would love to see a big design similar to bane, 

9 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Same. We need some more Marvel ones in general besides Hulk recolors and Thanos (and Ultimate Goblin).

Abomination ( he is sort of a hulk recolour)

king pin would be amazing

the one I would love would be a juggernaut bigfig but knowing lego's love for xmen, I don't think we will be getting one anytime soon 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

When is Marvel going to get another D2C set? 

Haven't heard any news or rumors for that. 

On 8/26/2017 at 8:07 AM, Nuns In Crocs said:

king pin would be amazing

They could do a set that indirectly ties into the defenders/netflix shows, similar to the suicide squad based sets. 

Some sort of street scene or warehouse/dock

black getaway vehichle

Kingpin bigfig

goon

daredevil

elektra,

the punisher

16 hours ago, yg33 said:

They could do a set that indirectly ties into the defenders/netflix shows, similar to the suicide squad based sets. 

Some sort of street scene or warehouse/dock

black getaway vehichle

Kingpin bigfig

goon

daredevil

elektra,

the punisher

love the idea!!!   but what do you mean with suicide squad based sets??

6 minutes ago, allstyles said:

They mean the sets with Deadshot, Harley, Killer Croc and Captain Boomerang that were released around the time of the Suicide Squad movie; Lego didn't want to make sets based on the actual movie, because it wasn't seen as a kid-friendly film, but they included comic book versions of the main characters in sets that came out around that time. Hopefully, we'll get a comic book version of Daredevil in a set sometime (maybe teamed up with Spider-Man; kids love Spidey), but it definitely won't be based on the adult-themed Netflix shows.

33 minutes ago, allstyles said:

Like what Felkin said, LEGO wasn't able to advertise these sets due to the word 'Suicide' being inappropriate for children. But of course theres nothing wrong with some innocent sets that just so happen to include the characters from Suicide Squad 

This is getting off track. 

Remember, this thread is for set discussion, not wishes and dreams...

Thanks! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Anyone started a thread for 2018 by any chance?

Nope as mentioned few pages back, we need atleast concrete information/ official pictures to start a post with. 

30 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nope as mentioned few pages back, we need atleast concrete information/ official pictures to start a post with. 

Am I right in thinking the only thing we really know further details about are the 3rd Wave of Might Micros for Marvel? Oh and that Juniors set with Scorpion?

31 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Am I right in thinking the only thing we really know further details about are the 3rd Wave of Might Micros for Marvel? Oh and that Juniors set with Scorpion?

Yeap that's correct, even tho we got those information. We are lacking in non-confidential pictures of the set. Probably the reason why we don't have 2018 thread yet. 

I'm kinda curios when we're going to get bits of information for Black Panther and Infinity War. Hasbro Toys for BP movie has released pics. Pretty cool. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeap that's correct, even tho we got those information. We are lacking in non-confidential pictures of the set. Probably the reason why we don't have 2018 thread yet. 

I'm kinda curios when we're going to get bits of information for Black Panther and Infinity War. Hasbro Toys for BP movie has released pics. Pretty cool. 

Yes of course, I briefly saw some of the confidential pics but look forward to some official pics being released in all their HD glory.

Me too - more IW than Black Panther of course for obvious reasons! 

My guess is we will see the infinity war sets in that one catalogue that reveals the spring marvel sets every year. They did it for age of ultron, civil war, and guardians of the galaxy vol 2 along with some of the comic book sets. My guess is that leaks around Nov- Dec. it will also show any exclusives we might get

Edited by Falconfan1414

^^ 6 sets will be a lot. But hopefully it will be properly executed. 

Seeing the new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok kinda wish we got Surtur as a buildable fig like SteppenWolf, anyone agree? 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

My guess is we will see the infinity war sets in that one catalogue that reveals the spring marvel sets every year. They did it for age of ultron, civil war, and guardians of the galaxy vol 2 along with some of the comic book sets. My guess is that leaks around Nov- Dec. it will also show any exclusives we might get

We only got the Guardians 2 leaks in late January or February though. 

36 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

^^ 6 sets will be a lot. But hopefully it will be properly executed. 

Seeing the new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok kinda wish we got Surtur as a buildable fig like SteppenWolf, anyone agree? 

Yeah, I really wish we had gotten Surtur, but I think he would have to be much bigger than Steppenwolf. He should be like Giant-Man size. 

44 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We only got the Guardians 2 leaks in late January or February though. 

Your right. Guardians was on January 15. I checked for age of ultron and those were realeased on December 15 so my guess is some where between December 15 and January 15 we will see the infinity war sets. 

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Your right. Guardians was on January 15. I checked for age of ultron and those were realeased on December 15 so my guess is some where between December 15 and January 15 we will see the infinity war sets. 

Hopefully it'll be December 15th! I have a $100 VIP reward and I'm building it up for the Infinity War or Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom sets. 

2 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Does anyone know how we're getting the Giant Man / Goliath minifig yet over here in the UK? Is it a pre-order with Super Heroes 2 game?

Yep, the pre-order exclusive :sweet: