Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Cannot make out the numbers on the image i've seen of the Black Panther sets, but the Infinity War numbers are listed below along with the sizes and my thoughts on potential pricing and included aspects;

• 76107 - Second Largest set
  • 76106 - Largest set
  • 76104 - Fourth Largest Set, noteably taller than 76103 though much thinner (Mech/Hulkbuster or tower set?)
  • 76103 - Third largest set (Building set?)
  • 76102 - Fifth Largest set, probably on a similar scale to Avengers Hydra Showdown (Vehicle set?)
  • 76101 - Smallest set, probably on a similar scale and pricing to Iron Man Vs Ultron (Minifigure set?)

Overall in terms of scale they appear to be big enough sets to get most the line-up of figures that people would want, with Avengers 4 the year after hopefully we'd get a second wave of sets for then. Plus we also have the potential for sets later in the year as these will be out in March (roughly one or two months before the movie)

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks fairly good for two sets combined - i think resting it over a base plate or something might help with the look of the arena.

On 21/08/2017 at 9:58 PM, Legocity2713 said:

So Scorpion is the third most frequent Spidey villain to show up in sets tied with Venom (if you count the Symbiote polybag) and just behind Doc Ock and Goblin.

Scorpion was originally introduced to be Spider-man's main villain, then he got replaced by Venom. Eventually they attempted to merge the two characters which is why you have Mac Gargan as Venom in some continuities. So Scorpion being the third most frequent Spider-man villain (paired with Venom for popularity) kind of makes sense.

Edited by Scarilian

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Scorpion was originally introduced to be Spider-man's main villain, then he got replaced by Venom. Eventually they attempted to merge the two characters which is why you have Mac Gargan as Venom in some continuities. So Scorpion being the third most frequent Spider-man villain (paired with Venom for popularity) kind of makes sense.

Not in the comic world. There he is just a criminal that J. J. Jameson is sending after spidey. So, originally he is not introduced as spideys main enemy. Maybe he became more important along the way?

i hope that the juniors scorpion is just different enough. If it'll be different enough i might buy that set too.  

51 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Cannot make out the numbers on the image i've seen of the Black Panther sets, but the Infinity War numbers are listed below along with the sizes and my thoughts on potential pricing and included aspects;

• 76107 - Second Largest set
  • 76106 - Largest set
  • 76104 - Fourth Largest Set, noteably taller than 76103 though much thinner (Mech/Hulkbuster or tower set?)
  • 76103 - Third largest set (Building set?)
  • 76102 - Fifth Largest set, probably on a similar scale to Avengers Hydra Showdown (Vehicle set?)
  • 76101 - Smallest set, probably on a similar scale and pricing to Iron Man Vs Ultron (Minifigure set?)

Overall in terms of scale they appear to be big enough sets to get most the line-up of figures that people would want.

Our poor wallets. Ugh! 

I can see 76103 & 76104 boxes size like the Detroit Steel. Potentially $39.99

76107 similar to one of the Thor: Ragnarok set boxes. Could be $49.99 or more.

76107 same as DC's flying fox or it is way much bigger? Probably this is the first time I'm going to buy this such big set.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Are we getting more Spiderman sets? 

Like comic based ones? As far as I know, there's none.

Other than the Juniors Spiderman vs Scorpion and Mighty Micros Spiderman vs Sandman (tho it looks like Scarlet Spider to me) that's what the catalog had.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Other than the Juniors Spiderman vs Scorpion and Mighty Micros Spiderman vs Sandman (tho it looks like Scarlet Spider to me) that's what the catalog had.

That's a shame.  For me Spider-Man is like the Batman of Marvel with the many villains he has.  I really think we need a few more sets for him. 

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

That's a shame.  For me Spider-Man is like the Batman of Marvel with the many villains he has.  I really think we need a few more sets for him. 

Probably the next half of 2018. Atleast they just cover March for this catalog.

You'll never know, It kinda sad because as you've said we're missing alot of his comic based villains, such as Mysterio, Lizard a proper Rhino I guess?? Cameleon etc etc.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

You'll never know, It kinda sad because as you've said we're missing alot of his comic based villains, such as Mysterio, Lizard a proper Rhino I guess?? Cameleon etc etc.

Yea exactly.  Mysterio is a big one for me.

9 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Huh even as a huge comic fan I never knew that. Thats pretty cool and actually makes a lot of sense.

8 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Sorry I haven't kept up with the latest, but did we get pics / info on Juniors Spidey? What are the dets again?

In the Lego leaked catalog, there is a picture of the Juniors set with Scorpion. Both he and Spidey have character-themed vehicles, with Scorpion's donning a large tail.

Edited by Aegis2000

5 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Sorry I haven't kept up with the latest, but did we get pics / info on Juniors Spidey? What are the dets again?

Set 10754: Spiderman vs Scorpion Street Showdown

Both of them have vehicles, cars specifically and same with Green Goblin Juniors building build. 

Scorpion's vehicle has a nice printing detail at the front.

Spider-man Vs Scorpion;
Seems just to be another way of getting Scorpion, nothing really remarkable though most juniors sets are basically two vehicles with a structure so was not expecting much.

Thor Vs Loki;
Not particularly interesting designs, Thor's has wings representing his helmet while Loki has horns on the front of his vehicle. Noteably Loki has a golden piece with a jewel, is this attempting to replicate his scepter?

Star Lord Vs Nebula;
Star Lord's Milano ship looks neat, probably the best vehicle of the wave, cannot make out the outfits entirely but it looks like a cheap way to get a Nebula with potentially a reasonable expression. I'm not entirely certain what Nebula is driving, appears mostly dark with a sword. The printed 1x2 tile piece with a tape looks nice though, may pick this up depending on the Nebula and Star Lord torso print, could be useful having spares.

Spider-man Vs Sandman;
Spider-man appears to be the Ben Reilly one, outfit might also appease those wanting to do a prototype homecoming outfit. Sandman's face looks weird but it seems a cheap way to get him for those who missed him (myself included) :P

Just now, Scarilian said:

Spider-man Vs Scorpion;
Seems just to be another way of getting Scorpion, nothing really remarkable though most juniors sets are basically two vehicles with a structure so was not expecting much.

Thor Vs Loki;
Not particularly interesting designs, Thor's has wings representing his helmet while Loki has horns on the front of his vehicle. Noteably Loki has a golden piece with a jewel, is this attempting to replicate his scepter?

Star Lord Vs Nebula;
Star Lord's Milano ship looks neat, probably the best vehicle of the wave, cannot make out the outfits entirely but it looks like a cheap way to get a Nebula with potentially a reasonable expression. I'm not entirely certain what Nebula is driving, appears mostly dark with a sword. The printed 1x2 tile piece with a tape looks nice though, may pick this up depending on the Nebula and Star Lord torso print, could be useful having spares.

Spider-man Vs Sandman;
Spider-man appears to be the Ben Reilly one, outfit might also appease those wanting to do a prototype homecoming outfit. Sandman's face looks weird but it seems a cheap way to get him for those who missed him (myself included) :P

I think Nebula is driving a Necrocraft from the first Guardians movie. 

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think Nebula is driving a Necrocraft from the first Guardians movie. 

Would make sense, just does not really translate that well to her vehicle i guess. Most the Necrocraft were sort of elongated spheroids which does not really work with a fairly square build, would have needed to be more like Thanos's gauntlet vehicle to get the impression across.

21 hours ago, Borex said:

i hope that the juniors scorpion is just different enough. If it'll be different enough i might buy that set too.  

Oh man, I hope not. I'm super glad we got a Scorpion, but the one from Bridge Battle is about as good a one as I'd expect, and man do I ever not need three Scorpion variants.

It's crazy we'll have three Scorpion sets before getting a single Lizard, though. Guess they gotta justify that new tail mold?

Looking at the image I think it's the same exact Scorpion we got in bridge battle (could be placeholder tho) but it's given just like Venom in juniors line. 

1 hour ago, HyperOnion said:

Oh man, I hope not. I'm super glad we got a Scorpion, but the one from Bridge Battle is about as good a one as I'd expect, and man do I ever not need three Scorpion variants.

It's crazy we'll have three Scorpion sets before getting a single Lizard, though. Guess they gotta justify that new tail mold?

They will do justice with lizard if they make it as a big fig. I dunno, minifigure will be too small for him. 

I would hate a lizard bigfig. To me he is just a mutated doc connors. Same height just one extra arm and of course a reptile instead of a human :-) so i hope for a minifig. 

To come back at scorpion: i think that they will give us a slightly different version (just like what they did for venom). If they just make it a Scorpia, then we would have a new character and they could use that scorpionpiece again.  

Edited by Borex

44 minutes ago, Borex said:

I would hate a lizard bigfig. To me he is just a mutated doc connors. Same height just one extra arm and of course a reptile instead of a human :-) so i hope for a minifig. 

To come back at scorpion: i think that they will give us a slightly different version (just like what they did for venom). If they just make it a Scorpia, then we would have a new character and they could use that scorpionpiece again.  

Hmm, venom from Juniors line is different from the Spider cycle chase with Fury? 

How different is it?

- I can't imagine a lizard that's a minifig, it would look weird to have a head that is reptile, and atleast a tail. But who knows, probably that's the reason why we haven't gotten him yet. Because TLG cann't decide wether it will be a minifig or bigfig

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hmm, venom from Juniors line is different from the Spider cycle chase with Fury? 

How different is it?

Hmm i thought his mouth was different (no red gums), but checking it on brickset he just looks the same :-s

My bad

7 hours ago, Borex said:

Same here. I never liked the bigfig Lizard in Lego Marvel Superheroes.

11 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

How different is it?

Bricklink calls them two different minifigs, but the only difference is that the Spider Cycle Chase version has the black vine tentacle "backpack," and the Juniors doesn't.

56 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

Bricklink calls them two different minifigs, but the only difference is that the Spider Cycle Chase version has the black vine tentacle "backpack," and the Juniors doesn't.

That's what I know, thought it has differnt printing, coz I have it and I don't see anything that is different other that the tentacles.