Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Found the images. Loki looks cool, is he a comic variation? Looks like he has yellow hands. I like the horns on his car and Thor's car is cool with the wings attached but a Mjølnir vehicle would've been better in my opinion. I like the Milano and the figures in that set look pretty nice! Not sure how I feel about Sandman's dump truck, and it looks like his torso is the same style as the 2015 set where half of him is sand. 

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Infinity War and Black Panther only had perspective boxes, no set images

Yeah, just saw that. Looks awesome! Black Panther looks like $40 and $60 sets while Infinity War looks like $13, $20, two $40 sets, a $70-80 set, and a $100+ set. Super excited for these! 

Comic loki and thor have my interest. 

Sandman only if he has just the striped shirt (without sand)

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, just saw that. Looks awesome! Black Panther looks like $40 and $60 sets while Infinity War looks like $13, $20, two $40 sets, a $70-80 set, and a $100+ set. Super excited for these! 

We are all excited seeing just the boxes gives me some chills. That biggest box is massive. Hopefully it comes wih a great build.

I love the way they just printed the mask of Starlord in a standard minifigure head. Something new. + Mixtape!

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I love the way they just printed the mask of Starlord in a standard minifigure head. Something new. + Mixtape!

I think he still has the same mask mold right? :look:

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

I dunno man, it looks a standard minifig head for me.

14 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I think it's printed on, with the same tan hairpiece he had in the GOTG Vol.2 sets. The hair looks too wavy to be the mask mold.

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think it's printed on, with the same tan hairpiece he had in the GOTG Vol.2 sets. The hair looks too wavy to be the mask mold.

This isn't how it looked to me as well

Just now, Amazing Bricks said:

Printed Star Lord helmet on the head is an interesting move... I like Ben Reilly though!

Like what I've mentioned it's awesome and actually we can use that for modifications for standard Starlord minifigure as well. 

28 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Shouldn't we be starting a Marvel 2018 thread now?

I think, we need atleast some details on what's coming for 2018 sets and these are leaks with no official pictures have been released / All of them have prelim images that can't be posted. Probably the reason why we aren't opening a 2018 thread yet. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think, we need atleast some details on what's coming for 2018 sets and these are leaks with no official pictures have been released / All of them have prelim images that can't be posted. Probably the reason why we aren't opening a 2018 thread yet. 

Well the Micro Fighters pics are now out and DC has a dedicated 2018 thread... Just saying...

4 minutes ago, agoodfella77 said:

Well the Micro Fighters pics are now out and DC has a dedicated 2018 thread... Just saying...

As I stated above it's out but not official all of those pictures are preliminaries. Unlike the DC comic based sets was publicly announced before SDCC and they even released official pictures 

5 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

Shouldn't we be starting a Marvel 2018 thread now?

I don't feel it's super necessary at the moment, at least until we get some more tangible info or images. We don't need a new thread to discuss just three Mighty Micros sets--it would just devolve into speculation about sets further down the line. 

---

Incidentally, and somewhat related, everyone here knows it is against site guidelines to post 'confidential' watermarked images here on Eurobricks. So I don't expect to see anyone posting any confidential preliminary images of say Superhero (or other) sets in the forums--because of course that would not end well for the poster. Remember this is a 'tell' not a 'show' instance. Thanks! :thumbup:

I knew we weren't expecting them, but I guess this catalogue leak confirms that we're not getting a comics-based winter wave this year. Guess that was greedy to hope for since we're getting a massive wave of Infinity War sets, but... still. Was hoping to get a few new, more obscure characters, since IW is mostly going to be remakes of existing characters.

11 minutes ago, HyperOnion said:

I knew we weren't expecting them, but I guess this catalogue leak confirms that we're not getting a comics-based winter wave this year. Guess that was greedy to hope for since we're getting a massive wave of Infinity War sets, but... still. Was hoping to get a few new, more obscure characters, since IW is mostly going to be remakes of existing characters.

Maybe there'll be comic sets for August? I'm assuming one or two Ant-Man and The Wasp sets in June. 

These mighty micros are great. The Thor and guardians are first day buys for me. so many great pieces and comic looks. I need a new comic Thor and that will be perfect for it. This possible printed mask for starlords head is intriguing.

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

We don't need a new thread to discuss just three Mighty Micros sets--it would just devolve into speculation about sets further down the line

Ironic seeing as this thread was founded on the images of three Mighty Micros :grin:

40 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Ironic seeing as this thread was founded on the images of three Mighty Micros :grin:

Yeah, but weren't those officially revealed pictures? 

We will get the discussio once we have concrete information. So let's just wait guys. Anyways, we can always talk about those sets here and future release thread.

9 hours ago, HyperOnion said:

Kinda sad, because I'm also hoping to get more classic looking characters and comic based. We're still missing alot from spidey rouges.

but I agree with you, 6 infinity war sets with 2 massive boxes will be alot. Not including a store exclusive (If there will be, I know there's no confirmation) still a lot of potential figs, Black order members, Groot's new mold and that Spidey suit at the end of Homecoming or should I say, Iron Spider.