Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

This one is going to be expensive.... 

I'm surprised to heard about this character since they will have to reuse Disney's Donald Duck mould.

I never thought they would be allowed by Disney to do it. 

Heck, this like reusing Darth Vader's helmet for another character.

I guess they got away with it only because this Deadpool Duck is now also Disney's

I want to see how this figure looks.  It makes me hopeful that, if they use a new mold for the head, we might see Howard the Duck somewhere down the line.

Just now, Dr Axels said:

I want to see how this figure looks.  It makes me hopeful that, if they use a new mold for the head, we might see Howard the Duck somewhere down the line.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I don't know why else they'd go with him over, say, Gwenpool or Howard himself, characters Marvel is actively publishing. I figure they'd wanna get more use of that head mold anyway. (Come to think of it, I wonder if they'll do a DuckTales theme..?)

-ninja'd-

he looks awesome. This one will be a resellers' dream i think. Great torso print and great re-use of Donald Ducks head. I want it. 

sdcc exclusives >:-( !!

Edited by Borex
Ninja'd

Vixen looks meh, but this one looks good

Thank god I'm not a fan of the Superheroes theme 

For once, this is a SDCC fig I absolutely NEED. Deadpool the Duck was one of the most entertaining things Marvel has put out in recent years for me, and I CANNOT pass this one up. I just wish I didn't have to shell out such exorbitant prices.

Pretty cool fig...but I care little for deadpool supporting characters

Just now, Ultron said:

Pretty cool fig...but I care little for deadpool supporting characters

That's actually Deadpool himself. He was merged with Howard the Duck when Rocket Raccoon, who was infected with Space Rabies at the time, bit Deadpool's teleportation device and shorted it out (I wish I could make this stuff up).

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

That's actually Deadpool himself. He was merged with Howard the Duck when Rocket Raccoon, who was infected with Space Rabies at the time, bit Deadpool's teleportation device and shorted it out (I wish I could make this stuff up).

That's...interesting. Thanks for the info, I never would've known that :grin:

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Vixen looks meh, but this one looks good

Thank god I'm not a fan of the Superheroes theme 

With respect Robert, while we all enjoy your thoughts on sets, I'm not entirely sure why you comment on the superhero (mainly the LBM one) threads if you're uninterested in the sets.

As for the fig I think it looks good, a neat fig for attendants but not a character we were begging TLG to make (that's a good thing though)

27 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

With respect Robert, while we all enjoy your thoughts on sets, I'm not entirely sure why you comment on the superhero (mainly the LBM one) threads if you're uninterested in the sets.

As for the fig I think it looks good, a neat fig for attendants but not a character we were begging TLG to make (that's a good thing though)

Exactly my thoughts.

I'm just hoping this is yet another sign that Xmen stuff isn't that out of the question.

Wow, I was happy that they announced deadpool duck as the exclusive at first. Now, he looks great! I would love to have him, never thought I would say that :laugh:

Just now, Sir Gareth said:

Interesting that the official images seemingly differ from the actual minifigure... 

Yeah, in one of the pictures above it looks like he has red and brown dual molded short legs. Not on the official picture though.

This "Deadpool Duck" or "Deadpool the Duck" figure seems like the perfect exclusive. It's not a classic, popular character (e.g. Spider-Woman, Jean Grey, black suited Spider-Man), nor is it a new movie-themed iteration that would ruin an MCU lineup (e.g. the Collector). It's not even a popular new iteration of a character (e.g Falcon-Cap).

It's not a figure I would reject if I won it at a drawing at a convention, and it would make a nice keepsake. But I don't totally get you guys who're acting as if this is just as bad as previous years; it feels like Lego was trying to take our feelings into account on this one!

Just now, N_Cat said:

This "Deadpool Duck" or "Deadpool the Duck" figure seems like the perfect exclusive. It's not a classic, popular character (e.g. Spider-Woman, Jean Grey, black suited Spider-Man), nor is it a new movie-themed iteration that would ruin an MCU lineup (e.g. the Collector). It's not even a popular new iteration of a character (e.g Falcon-Cap).

It's not a figure I would reject if I won it at a drawing at a convention, and it would make a nice keepsake. But I don't totally get you guys who're acting as if this is just as bad as previous years; it feels like Lego was trying to take our feelings into account on this one!

Completely agree. Hopefully Hydra Captain America and Deadpool Duck set the tone for Marvel minifig exclusives.

Anyone else think its funny we get this very odd character before plain-old Howard the Duck? :grin:

22 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Its the kind of figure that you don't know you would actually want until you see it, because you never expected its a thing. I think the design is pretty good an all, but I don't think my appeal is that great for it. It is perfect how I'm not obsessing over it, but wouldn't turn it down if I could get it

2 hours ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Anyone else think its funny we get this very odd character before plain-old Howard the Duck? :grin:

I know right? Perhaps a sign for things to come :poke: