Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

41 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

I know the whole Loki is blue but he's green in Ragnarok thing is over now, but even his Funko is wearing blue. Yes it may have been from concept art, but I'm just throwing it out there because I was a Loki is blue team member :grin:

Yeah, I mentioned that a while ago too. If it's not blue in the movie, then it'll be super weird that all the toys have him wearing blue. I love the figure though. I'm excited to finally get some different faces for him!

Speaking of Thor: Ragnarok. Funko Pop released a pic of their Surtur! Dayum so bad megablocks. Lego could have make it more like Groot/Steppenwolf build. So nice.

43 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

@Sir von Lego  Any news on Marvel 2018 Winter Wave, if there is one given the 6 Infinity War sets and 2 Black Panther sets? :classic:

Is there a chance that we could actually get Black Panther set this december considering other themes are releasing their sets by this time around?

Also @Sir von Lego you have provided alot of information in other themes, do you have some for Marvel? Or is it still blacked out to avoid potential spoilers?

Edited by SpiderJazz

It's probably blacked out. Maybe the BP sets are in the retailer catalog, but I doubt it since they give away potential spoilers. 

@Kevii23 that's what I'm thinking because it's strange he provided good information (which we are thankful) for other themes, while for Marvel just state how many sets we are getting. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

@Kevii23 that's what I'm thinking because it's strange he provided good information (which we are thankful) for other themes, while for Marvel just state how many sets we are getting. 

Yea, most of the times the upcoming movies are blacked out (like the Justice League boxes on display last year at some convention), but I'm not the one who have seen the catalog (yet :p). Wouldn't count on seeing images for those until November/December (Infinity War that is, I would assume the BP sets come out in the winter as the movie releases early February).

The SW Last Jedi sets were blacked out in the catalog that came out in January/February and I think the first leaks for that came in May/June. 

Still I would like to see some new Spiderman sets like the Ultimate Spider-Man subtheme we had, but then with the new series. I still need that Mysterio, Lizard, Kingpin, Big fig Rhino and some heroes. But yea, that's a discussion for another time.. 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Yea, most of the times the upcoming movies are blacked out (like the Justice League boxes on display last year at some convention), but I'm not the one who have seen the catalog (yet :p). Wouldn't count on seeing images for those until November/December (Infinity War that is, I would assume the BP sets come out in the winter as the movie releases early February).

Still I would like to see some new Spiderman sets like the Ultimate Spider-Man subtheme we had, but then with the new series. I still need that Mysterio, Lizard, Kingpin, Big fig Rhino and some heroes. But yea, that's a discussion for another time.. 

Agreed, hopefully Sir von lego can confirm it. I'm very happy that we are actually getting 2 sets for Black Panther (they started it with Spiderman: Homecoming and then Thor: Ragnarok) My wallet says no while I'm happy because of the chances getting different figs at the same time. If we are getting 2 sets with every stand alone movie, probably in Antman & Wasp also? 

Sad to say that there's no word for comic/tv show sets, I also wanted to see other variants of Ironman and yea spidey villains. But who know, we actually still missing 2 MM's so there could be alot or NOT? :grin:

Lego nailed the Homecoming sets. I might modify Vulture's wings but besides that, the sets are pretty spot on. If only there had been another set of 

Spoiler

Ned, Spidey in the homemade suit, the Shocker we got in Beware the Vulture, and a school bus. It's the only way to get the homemade suit without doing Vulture and his giant wing pack again. Plus if that Shocker was in this hypothetical school bus set, we could have gotten the other Shocker (with the beard) in Beware the Vulture. Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Lego nailed the Homecoming sets. I might modify Vulture's wings but besides that, the sets are pretty spot on. If only there had been another set of 

Reveal hidden contents

Ned, Spidey in the homemade suit, the Shocker we got in Beware the Vulture, and a school bus. It's the only way to get the homemade suit without doing Vulture and his giant wing pack again. Plus if that Shocker was in this hypothetical school bus set, we could have gotten the other Shocker (with the beard) in Beware the Vulture. Just a thought.

Spoiler

We need a Ned fig! I really enjoyed the part at the party when Flash states "That's not Spiderman...It's just Ned wearing a red shirt"

Edited by HMD BrickCustoms

1 hour ago, Hero Bricks said:

I know its is only early July but should we expect Thor Ragnarok sets to start appearing in the US soon?

Yup

4 hours ago, Hero Bricks said:

I know its is only early July but should we expect Thor Ragnarok sets to start appearing in the US soon?

They're on the back of the calendar. They're out in August.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:22 PM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Hide contents

Do you have any thoughts on a good hairpiece for Vulture when his mask is off?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but could someone share a photo of Invincible Iron Man, Sam Wilson Captain America, Ms. Marvel, and Miles Morales?

11 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but could someone share a photo of Invincible Iron Man, Sam Wilson Captain America, Ms. Marvel, and Miles Morales?

You lost me at Sam Wilson Cap ... :cry_sad:

ANAD Avengers?

1 hour ago, linnormlord said:

You lost me at Sam Wilson Cap ... :cry_sad:

ANAD Avengers?

Yep. Such a shame that I'll probably never get a Sam Wilson Cap because of SDCC.

4 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Yep. Such a shame that I'll probably never get a Sam Wilson Cap because of SDCC.

Just like we never got bizarro or green lantern?

12 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

Just like we never got bizarro or green lantern?

Bizarro in Mighty Micro form isn't as good as the SDCC one. I definitely prefer the general release Green Lantern to the SDCC one though!

We might still get Bizarro if Lego makes a different version, and I really hope we do. I would say the one we're less likely to see on sets is Phoenix, but that is none of Lego's fault.

I'll be bummed if no exclusive minifigs are released this year. While they are always expensive, there is always a slight chance that the figures fill a gap in the lineup, like with the collector.

Edited by BrickHat

7 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Bizarro in Mighty Micro form isn't as good as the SDCC one. I definitely prefer the general release Green Lantern to the SDCC one though!

If we ever got a Bizarro figure in a normal set, he probably would come with expressions different from his SDCC counterpart, a torso design lacking the stone medallion/metal, and maybe dual molded Bright Blue/Dark Purple legs for boots.