Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I want some news for Marvel 2018 sets, I really want comic Yondu to show up next year, as they've shown in the pre order bonus for the game, he would look awesome!

1 minute ago, J3D1-T said:

I want some news for Marvel 2018 sets, I really want comic Yondu to show up next year, as they've shown in the pre order bonus for the game, he would look awesome!

Same here. There's an ongoing discussion with the other thread for future/rumor sets. I think Banjo is dropping some hints with potential BP set(s).

Saw this on IG:

Dayum. This is one of a hell Shocker, good use of new arm prints. I wonder how it will look with the yellow hero factory helmet. 

Just got Ms. Marvel figure and I am a little confused, the weird rubber arm has one red side and one gold side. Why is that? Shouldn't it be two gold sides?

Edited by Wyitify

Just now, Wyitify said:

Just got Ms. Marvel figure and I am a little confused, the weird rubber arm has one gold side and one gold side. Why is that? Shouldn't it be two gold sides?

?????

One gold side + one gold side = two gold sides...

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

?????

One gold side + one gold side = two gold sides...

Error on my part. My apologies, it is uneven and one side is red for some reason so it looks like she only has one gold band.

Hey so Marvel released some more concept art of the Vulture and one has a black jacket and gloves and  that probably explains LEGO's color choice.

also concept for the Avengers thieves was also reveal and the masks from the figures match the concept , especially Cap theif. Interestingly no Thor, but someone wearing a War Machine? Mask?

35 minutes ago, DJ Bricks said:

Hey so Marvel released some more concept art of the Vulture and one has a black jacket and gloves and  that probably explains LEGO's color choice.

also concept for the Avengers thieves was also reveal and the masks from the figures match the concept , especially Cap theif. Interestingly no Thor, but someone wearing a War Machine? Mask?

Saw that picture and by looking at it yea, I can say Lego had this conceptual art. Perf in black jacket with a gun. 

You can't blame lego about the inaccuracies. STILL I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH NO TALONS AT ALL. SMH.

Just out of curiosity, could someone who has the Ultimate Battle for Asgard post a pic of Valkyrie with Rey's hair piece?  I was wondering how it looked.

Built the ATM Heist Battle yesterday and doing Beware the Vulture tomorrow. I absolutely love it! It's a great $20 set and can easily fit into City dioramas. The exploding ATM and window functions are super fun and easy to play with. The villains' weapons are amazing as well. Definitely a good set! 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

13 hours ago, Dr Axels said:

Just out of curiosity, could someone who has the Ultimate Battle for Asgard post a pic of Valkyrie with Rey's hair piece?  I was wondering how it looked.

Took some pics, and Rey's hair are definitely more accurate for Valkyrie if only they were black instead of brown...

http://m.imgur.com/a/CqWKh

It doesn't look that bad in brown though. Too bad I only have one Rey..

On 6/12/2017 at 1:05 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Saw this on IG:

Dayum. This is one of a hell Shocker, good use of new arm prints. I wonder how it will look with the yellow hero factory helmet. 

That's decidedly not purist, they erased the mouth! Either way, it looks pretty great! Just proof that they easily could have made a costumed Shocker with minimal new printing. 

On 6/13/2017 at 0:48 AM, DJ Bricks said:

Could you link to that?

12 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think I should get Rey in secondary market. 

My Wal-Mart's got the Rey's Speeder set for $5 on clearance, so maybe keep an eye out for that!

Reminds me of my own Shocker but way better. I was going to replace the arms with the official ones as well as adding the gauntlets.

I think the news Lego City construction guys' torsos would fit best. Y'know, the ones with a hood printed on the back.

Marvel Purist (Crappy Photo)

* Bad pic is bad.

I built the Beware the Vulture set today. Before building it, I thought the truck was pretty cool and I was extremely excited for Iron Man, Vulture, and Shocker. But after building it, everything amazing in the set is overshadowed by one of the best Lego Marvel villains. Vulture is freaking amazing!!!! I don't even care about the Iron Man helmet reuse because I love the wings so much. They extremely poseable and fun to play around with. The turbines at the back look good even empty. I'm amazed that he can stand up with the wings! I immediately modified them, by making the feathering on the top bit of each wing 1 stud longer and I'll be replacing the two 1x1 dark green tiles on each wing with a 1x2 tile. I added fans to the empty turbines, but it made them bulky and I like them empty too. I also found a way to recreate the scene in a trailer where Vulture is standing on the grass with his wings up, by removing 3 pieces from each wing and the big jet engine on the bottom. I just love how good he looks and how amazing the wings look on display! He's one of my favorite MCU figures so far. Shocker is also cool and I'm glad we get his gauntlets. The truck is pretty nice! I love all the sticker detailing and how it opens up. The crates and huge gun are very cool. Iron Man is awesome and I love this new figure! I'm just going to look for silver replacements for the gray hands. Overall, I think the set is an amazing MCU set but it feels a little bit small for how much you pay. Even $35 would've been better, I think. Sorry for the huge essay!

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

19 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Took some pics, and Rey's hair are definitely more accurate for Valkyrie if only they were black instead of brown...

http://m.imgur.com/a/CqWKh

15 hours ago, Ultron said:

It doesn't look that bad in brown though. Too bad I only have one Rey..

While black would be great, I agree with Ultron that it works in dark brown. At the very least, it's a major, major step up from what the figure came with.

3 hours ago, steveholt said:

anyone tried the TBM Tarantula hair?

The hair won't work because it's too short and doesn't look like Valkyrie's. IMO Rey's hair works wonderfully

3 hours ago, steveholt said:

anyone tried the TBM Tarantula hair?

Too short I think. Thing is Valk's hair is long in the back. 

9 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

My Wal-Mart's got the Rey's Speeder set for $5 on clearance, so maybe keep an eye out for that!

Too bad I'm in Asia so secondary market will be the best option. 

As far as designs, the Vulture is really accurate to the concept art.

I kind of wish they went with Iron Patriot to resolve what happened with his while shtick. 

On 6/15/2017 at 8:26 AM, SpiderJazz said:

Too bad I'm in Asia so secondary market will be the best option. 

Oh, yeah, that'll probably put a damper on that :grin: