Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Are there any HD pictures of the Thor sets available? Even though I still don't like the Arena set, I'm a sucker for 'easy' sets to modify and make it a bigger stage, but would like to see some HD pics of the back and more of the walls. 

18 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Are there any HD pictures of the Thor sets available? Even though I still don't like the Arena set, I'm a sucker for 'easy' sets to modify and make it a bigger stage, but would like to see some HD pics of the back and more of the walls. 

Same question, back in a few pages. Imma sucker of HD pics pf sets want to save them in my phone.

@THELEGOBATMAN I mean, where did you actually get the images, because when it's transferred to a social media sites (IG, FB etc etc) quality of the pictures are destroyed. Unlike if you've save them form the site. 

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

@THELEGOBATMAN I mean, where did you actually get the images, because when it's transferred to a social media sites (IG, FB etc etc) quality of the pictures are destroyed. Unlike if you've save them form the site. 

Check instagram app.

@THELEGOBATMAN I think that what @Spider Jazz asked was where did you got the pics from? What website? I'm sure you didn't just got them, they didn't just fell from the sky :classic:

Edited by SirRicco

27 minutes ago, SirRicco said:

@THELEGOBATMAN I think that what @Spider Jazz asked was where did you got the pics from? What website? I'm sure you didn't just got them, they didn't just fell from the sky :classic:

Indeed. 

Don't mind it man, I'll probably just wait for Brickset or other website blog to upload it on their page, or most likely here on this thread. 

I don't speak Russian.... but what the heck did that guy have to say for so long? :laugh:

Personally I like bright colors and feel LEGO could use them in movie tie-in sets more often, so I like the color scheme of the arena. I still won't get the set because I'm not into buying builds that are a single wall..... A nice wall to me, but not one I need to get by any means.

The ship set looks great though, and that wolf build is spectacular and quite large!

Saw the new JL Flash figure and knew that it could be used for Captain America, as suggested in the DC thread. So, I threw this image together just to see how it'd flow, and I was pleasantly surprised! 

2 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Saw the new JL Flash figure and knew that it could be used for Captain America, as suggested in the DC thread. So, I threw this image together just to see how it'd flow, and I was pleasantly surprised! 

God, it's hideous.

9 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Hmm. Not too sure about this. Maybe if you added his A in? And perhaps just a regular head underneath?

59 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Did a better version here: 

http://imgur.com/gallery/OraVpIB

-Added the "A".

-Modified the helmet a bit. 

-Still iffy on it, though. 

IMO it's alright. It's just probably the printing is inappropriate with the helmet and I bet if they do that they will be giving probably a new head print to make it blend.

6 minutes ago, deskp said:

The helmet only resembles cap from the front though. 

Bad side is, the back isn't a normal helm that cap would use.

They somehow managed to make that Valkyrie figure look not awful! Rad! 

The entire mold for Flash's cowl is unfit for Cap. It's pointed in the back and has all this tech-y stuff going on. Am I the only one who really prefers Cap not have a molded helmet? We only need molds when there are protrusions or shapes that the printing can't manage, like Flash's antenna thingies or Batman's cowl's ears. Unless they come around to making Cap's wings stick out, the printed looks perfectly fine. They just gotta figure out how to not make him look so dark.

39 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

The entire mold for Flash's cowl is unfit for Cap. It's pointed in the back and has all this tech-y stuff going on. Am I the only one who really prefers Cap not have a molded helmet? We only need molds when there are protrusions or shapes that the printing can't manage, like Flash's antenna thingies or Batman's cowl's ears. Unless they come around to making Cap's wings stick out, the printed looks perfectly fine. They just gotta figure out how to not make him look so dark.

Yeah, this current Flash cowl doesn't work for MCU Cap.

As for why someone might want a helmet for Cap, I've got a few reasons:

• Lego figures are coded to look bald without a hair/hat/helmet piece.  For characters that are basically bald (Vision) or whose outfits are tight enough to their heads (Spider-Man), that's fine, because the characters kinda do look bald. So figures like the Avengers Assemble cartoon Cap, the Mighty Micros Cap, the NYTF Bucky!Cap, and the SDCC ANAD Cap seem fine to me, because those are representations of looks that resemble a bald head. But nearly all* of his MCU outfits have a distinct helmet, and within Lego's style, that's usually represented with a separate helmet piece.
  • From a play and display perspective, a removable helmet adds another layer of customizability. 
  • Unlike Flash's and Batman's cowls, Cap's helmet is a completely separate component of his outfit. Having a removable helmet would mean they wouldn't have to print on a dark blue head, solving the coloring problem.

*Cap's only had two MCU figs, and one of those was for The Avengers, which is the exception to the rule.  That cowl is tighter to his head and continues its coloration onto the chin and neck.  That means only one of Cap's several existing minifigures really would be improved by a helmet. However, I presume they'll continue using the helmet in future MCU films, so I'd like the piece anyway.

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

They somehow managed to make that Valkyrie figure look not awful! Rad! 

I'm perfectly fine with Cap the way he is. A helmet would be nice but might also look too bulky. He doesn't need a helmet like Iron Man does. The one figure that I think really needs a helmet is Black Panther, since it isn't very tight to his head and a molded piece would look better. 

Am I the only one who wants a helmet for a classic Cap? Probably because I don't care too much for MCU figures anymore, but i'd really like a bright blue helmet with the white spread out wings. And dual molded blue and white arms while we're at it!

Edited by Raptor of Vengeance

The Thor sets look great! One thing I'm confused about is on the back of the Ultimate Battle set, it shows Hela with those power blasts in black, but on the photo that shows all the contents, it shows only light blue and red. No black. Who even on there would use red? It doesn't even show black on the photo with all the content. Just wondering about this.

7 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Yeah, this current Flash cowl doesn't work for MCU Cap.

As for why someone might want a helmet for Cap, I've got a few reasons:

• Lego figures are coded to look bald without a hair/hat/helmet piece.  For characters that are basically bald (Vision) or whose outfits are tight enough to their heads (Spider-Man), that's fine, because the characters kinda do look bald. So figures like the Avengers Assemble cartoon Cap, the Mighty Micros Cap, the NYTF Bucky!Cap, and the SDCC ANAD Cap seem fine to me, because those are representations of looks that resemble a bald head. But nearly all* of his MCU outfits have a distinct helmet, and within Lego's style, that's usually represented with a separate helmet piece.
  • From a play and display perspective, a removable helmet adds another layer of customizability. 
  • Unlike Flash's and Batman's cowls, Cap's helmet is a completely separate component of his outfit. Having a removable helmet would mean they wouldn't have to print on a dark blue head, solving the coloring problem.

*Cap's only had two MCU figs, and one of those was for The Avengers, which is the exception to the rule.  That cowl is tighter to his head and continues its coloration onto the chin and neck.  That means only one of Cap's several existing minifigures really would be improved by a helmet. However, I presume they'll continue using the helmet in future MCU films, so I'd like the piece anyway.

Those are all perfectly fair points.

7 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm perfectly fine with Cap the way he is. A helmet would be nice but might also look too bulky. He doesn't need a helmet like Iron Man does. The one figure that I think really needs a helmet is Black Panther, since it isn't very tight to his head and a molded piece would look better. 

That's exactly what I've been thinking. The Black Panther from the comics would be perfectly fine with the method they've used, but the MCU version definitely oughta have some sort of a helmet. Maybe next year?