Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

There's still a chance of Ego getting the Civil War treatment, where a set was released later in the year (Although unlikely). I really think that they should at least put him in a polybag. I kind of wish that Ayesha's hair was different as in the film, it is much more central and symmetrical on each side, but it's only a minor annoyance.

There's no chance of another set released later for GotG. Last year, we knew about the fourth Civil War set in August 2015, a full year before it released. If @just2good hasn't said anything about a fourth set, it's not coming. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There's no chance of another set released later for GotG. Last year, we knew about the fourth Civil War set in August 2015, a full year before it released. If @just2good hasn't said anything about a fourth set, it's not coming. 

Even if it's a really top secret. Our leakers will have an idea if it's exclusive or what not, so sadly yea I think if it's not in Polybag it's not happening.

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Even if it's a really top secret. Our leakers will have an idea if it's exclusive or what not, so sadly yea I think if it's not in Polybag it's not happening.

Well the good news is Ego is pretty generic looking, so he's pretty easy to MOC.

We might have something similar to what they did with Captain America Winter Soldier, with TLG releasing a polybag (in that case, the Winter Soldier himself) several months after the movie's release.

Hasn't there been rumors of a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy game too? There was an easter egg at the end of the last Marvel game and all the Guardians (as far as I know) weren't available as playable characters. 

http://nerdist.com/is-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-next-lego-marvel-game/

If we were to get Ego he could possibly be a pre-order bonus for the next Lego Marvel game. We'll have to wait to see if anything is announced at E3.

4 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Well the good news is Ego is pretty generic looking, so he's pretty easy to MOC.

Yea, I was expecting that. As I've said few pages back if they decided to do Ego, Lego wouldn't need the money on producing the fig because all of those components are existing. Just new prints and viola.

3 hours ago, eric729 said:

We might have something similar to what they did with Captain America Winter Soldier, with TLG releasing a polybag (in that case, the Winter Soldier himself) several months after the movie's release.

WS had to be on the Hellicarrier release. So I don't think that's gonna happen not unless they decided to promote a huge set.

1 hour ago, Goonmo said:

Hasn't there been rumors of a Lego Guardians of the Galaxy game too? There was an easter egg at the end of the last Marvel game and all the Guardians (as far as I know) weren't available as playable characters. 

http://nerdist.com/is-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-next-lego-marvel-game/

If we were to get Ego he could possibly be a pre-order bonus for the next Lego Marvel game. We'll have to wait to see if anything is announced at E3.

Another possibilty, as you've said we need to wait and see.

OT: You guys have scene the new trailer for SM:H? I know it was mention numerous times. But yea they've destroyed MF in that scene.

19 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hense why I said it was unlikely.

Honestly, Lego has not been kind to Marvel villains the last 2 years.

I mean no Ego, no Zemo, no Kaecillius, no Dormammu - that last of which is understandable really because of the secrecy that came with Dormammu - but the others were big time antagonists that we will most likely only see once on screen given Marvel's previous villain track record. (Granted I haven't seen GOTG 2 yet so idk)

There should be a special set with just these guys in it and a small build of Asgard because we're missing that major piece of the MCU as well. :laugh:

45 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Honestly, Lego has not been kind to Marvel villains the last 2 years.

I mean no Ego, no Zemo, no Kaecillius, no Dormammu - that last of which is understandable really because of the secrecy that came with Dormammu - but the others were big time antagonists that we will most likely only see once on screen given Marvel's previous villain track record. (Granted I haven't seen GOTG 2 yet so idk)

There should be a special set with just these guys in it and a small build of Asgard because we're missing that major piece of the MCU as well. :laugh:

Don't forget about Malekith or Alexander Pierce. Lots of baddies getting the short stick.

1 minute ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Don't forget about Malekith or Alexander Pierce. Lots of baddies getting the short stick.

Now that you've mentioned those guys. I looked at my collection and yea it's quite a few baddies we only have.

There's alot of villain that they didn't do justice at all. 

I think theres rarely been a case where sets based on the movies miss out on key characters that people would want; Avengers, Iron Man 3, GotG 1, Age of Ultron, Ant Man and Spider Man Homecoming, where we have all the significant villains, then theres been Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, Thor Ragnarok where there could have been more (Kaecillius, Ego, Heimdall)

In defence of Zemo, he was just a civilian, nothing really special or unique

48 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

We didn't get sets from Dark World or Winter Soldier, so its understandable for the lack of them

46 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think theres rarely been a case where sets based on the movies miss out on key characters that people would want; Avengers, Iron Man 3, GotG 1, Age of Ultron, Ant Man and Spider Man Homecoming, where we have all the significant villains, then theres been Doctor Strange, Guardians 2, Thor Ragnarok where there could have been more (Kaecillius, Ego, Heimdall)

Ugh, I hadn't even thought of Heindall's absence! That is truly disappointing, I would've much rather had him than the purple Sakaar guard, for instance.

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Yeah, but we didn't get sets based on The Dark World or The Winter Soldier. 

Delta posted this:

It really lacks the design, still by the look of it, it's not a flesh head.

Thoughts?

Another cool Iron Man, but some arm printing would really benefit his minifigure! And I'm really curious about his head not being flesh colored. Does it mean Tony Stark isn't inside?

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Another cool Iron Man, but some arm printing would really benefit his minifigure! And I'm really curious about his head not being flesh colored. Does it mean Tony Stark isn't inside?

When I get this, imma try to put silver centurion arms. 

I'm hoping for HUD design atleast we get a new face print!

I have to say... I kinda feel this minifigure doesn't do the actual movie version justice. I think it would've been better if they had done red printing on metallic silver legs and torso, since that color seems to have the upper hand on the suit.
Other than that, it's still very cool and I'll definitely want to add it to my collection.
Same goes for the figures in the Thor: Ragnarok sets. Great stuff :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

25 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I have to say... I kinda feel this minifigure doesn't do the actual movie version justice. I think it would've been better if they had done red printing on metallic silver legs and torso, since that color seems to have the upper hand on the suit.
Other than that, it's still very cool and I'll definitely want to add it to my collection.
Same goes for the figures in the Thor: Ragnarok sets. Great stuff :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

Actually every Ironman armor has downside, this design specifically is so intricate that Lego couldn't handle it anymore. Rehash of the same exact Helm? For 3 times already. Could've included an arm printing. But yea as you've said and everybody in this forum, this is a tradition. If you're collecting Ironman you won't pass on this one! :laugh:

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Actually every Ironman armor has downside

I wouldn't go that far, personally. Especially since this is the first where I, myself, actually notice a big difference. Never really had a 'problem' with the previous versions.
I don't mind the same helmet either. It makes sense they use that one since the real helmet looks almost the same as most pervious others too, in my opinion.
It's really the torso and legs that bother me. I just feel the metallic silver doesn't stand out enough compared to the movie version.

Oh well... Like you say, I'll get it anyway :tongue:

Regards,
Mitch

@CF Mitch Let me correct myself, starting from AoU down to Civil War Ironman figs, if you carefully go in details it will have rehash of legs or helm or what not. Others from Avengers and Ironman 3 are fine. 

Mark 37 (Hammerhead), Mark 39 (Starboost/Gemini) and Mark 33 (Silver Centurion) are the best Ironman figs to date. 

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@CF Mitch Let me correct myself, starting from AoU down to Civil War Ironman figs, if you carefully go in details it will have rehash of legs or helm or what not. Others from Avengers and Ironman 3 are fine. 

Mark 37 (Hammerhead), Mark 39 (Starboost/Gemini) and Mark 33 (Silver Centurion) are the best Ironman figs to date. 

Technically speaking, only the Civil War MK 46 uses rehash legs, as the AOU MK 43 introduced the print

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Technically speaking, only the Civil War MK 46 uses rehash legs, as the AOU MK 43 introduced the print

43,46,47 has the same helmet. 46 and 43 same exact printing for legs, while 47 has the print with different color. 

No one noticed that Beware the Vulture is $39.99?? It has such a small build, I assumed it was $29.99 at first!