Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I mentioned it few pages back, and in addition they didn't even show the other (right) side of the arena. Probably you can interchange or somehow extend it the way you want it.

5 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Delta just posted a picture to his Instagram of Marvel's Goliath.

Oh, well that settles that.

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

Oh, well that settles that.

The picture on delta customs Instagram page is a non photoshopped version of the one we saw before.

Hopefully, when/if Goliath comes in a set he will also have a Giant Man and Ares style build to go with him. :excited:

Edited by Legocity2713

5 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Hopefully, when/if Goliath comes in a set he will also have a Giant Man and Ares style build to go with him. :excited:

That or he's a SCC exclusive. I find the latter more likely due to his design. We'll see.

Huh.  I assumed that Goliath wasn't official because of the simple print.  It's a figure I don't care about– Goliath is probably the worst of Hank Pym's identities, well behind Yellowjacket and Ant-Man, and a brick built version of the character would be more relevant anyway, as Hank was trapped in his giant form when he wore that costume. What I'm saying is, if it turns out to be an exclusive figure, I'm happy because I can afford to miss it.

On the other hand, if it turns out that he's from a set, then I'd be extremely excited. We haven't really gotten any classic, old-school Marvel stuff before. The closest we've gotten have been the Hulk Lab Smash and the Blackbird set, which were kind of ambiguous in the time period they were based on.

So basically, even though I don't want the figure, I'm glad if it is official. 

Just now, N_Cat said:

Huh.  I assumed that Goliath wasn't official because of the simple print.  It's a figure I don't care about– Goliath is probably the worst of Hank Pym's identities, well behind Yellowjacket and Ant-Man, and a brick built version of the character would be more relevant anyway, as Hank was trapped in his giant form when he wore that costume. What I'm saying is, if it turns out to be an exclusive figure, I'm happy because I can afford to miss it.

On the other hand, if it turns out that he's from a set, then I'd be extremely excited. We haven't really gotten any classic, old-school Marvel stuff before. The closest we've gotten have been the Hulk Lab Smash and the Blackbird set, which were kind of ambiguous in the time period they were based on.

So basically, even though I don't want the figure, I'm glad if it is official. 

I thought the same about him being fake due to the printing being so simple. But since it seems he's official now, I would go with him being an exclusive.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Interesting. I get a feeling he's SDCC exclusive but it just seems like a very random choice for a figure. Perhaps LEGO is playing it safe by not infuriating everyone with another Collector or Spider-Woman fiasco by choosing more obscure characters. I doubt it's from a set given we haven't heard about anything about non MCU sets for the rest of the year but I'd be happy to be wrong as it's disappointing that we aren't. A good mix of movie and classic comic book sets would be ideal and provide variety. I'm not keen on the idea of not getting any characters in LEGO/games/cartoons/etc unless they are in the movies as there are way too many great characters and stories being pushed to the side. Heck, I'm still overjoyed we got Ghost Rider! On a different note, after inital reactions have worn off, the Thor sets look much better to me after giving the bright colors time to sink in. I do like the art-deco look of the arena itself with the angled lines and circles with the occasional protruding "shelf". The only part of it I'm still not pleased with is the choice in hairpiece for the Grandmaster, how could they possibly have chosen THAT hairpiece when the Dooku or Doctor Who hair pieces are clearly a better fit for the look of the character in both the movie AND the comics!? :pir-sing: I get so sick of that slicked-back hairpiece as it just looks awful and is unfitting on any minifig that isn't a 1920's gangster. :sick:

21 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I get so sick of that slicked-back hairpiece as it just looks awful and is unfitting on any minifig that isn't a 1920's gangster. :sick:

Or Draco Malfoy!

Delta didn't said it is official. I found the guy (mexican) who has the figure. And he didn't also mention anything. 

So I think it is still alleged and not safe to say official lego minifigure.

Just now, Sir Gareth said:

SDCC-Exclusive Minifigures don't leak out.

Exactly.

Maybe...just maybe...we're getting another Marvel D2C sometime in the future? Classic character like Goliath makes me think something Avengers related. Or he could be a promo fig, but Marvel ones usually coincide with something big.

57 minutes ago, (Nexus) said:

People who think the printing was too simple for LEGO think too highly of LEGO.

Right? Given the fact that it doesn't have leg printing it is so LEGO to me. No joke.

56 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Maybe...just maybe...we're getting another Marvel D2C sometime in the future? Classic character like Goliath makes me think something Avengers related. Or he could be a promo fig, but Marvel ones usually coincide with something big.

The guy that has the fig also have the Dimension unreleased, PPG and Beetle Juice.

If this is legit, I think it will be on a set. 

I don't know why they used a gold torso? Why didn't they use a blue torso? Anyway, loving this Goliath and if legit i hope he'll be in a classic comic book set and not a sdcc. 

If it is a D2C, should we have already heard about the release of one or not?

12 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm not keen on the idea of not getting any characters in LEGO/games/cartoons/etc unless they are in the movies as there are way too many great characters and stories being pushed to the side.

That comes with the territory. Comic books are such a niche medium that it makes sense that LEGO would mostly stick to characters kids might conceivably have some chance of recognizing.

As for Goliath, maybe an Avengers Mansion set? Another Quinjet? 

Edited by Battlinpanther

Hi everyone!

LEGO has requested that we remove the Thor pictures. Apparently they were a leak. Of course, they seemed to be hurting most people's eyes anyway :laugh:

I'm going to go through and edit them out of people's posts per LEGO's request.

Carry on!

Huh, Lego is usually on top of leaks like this. 

I really don't understand the color scheme of the sets. They remind me of the Avengers Assemble sets and how colourful they were, but even then those sets colors made much more sense.

Just seen Guardians 2, no spoilers, but I'm really surprised that Lego didn't make Ego minifigure! He's way more important character than Taserface! And all the sets except for Abelisk are completely inaccurate! 

11 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Just seen Guardians 2, no spoilers, but I'm really surprised that Lego didn't make Ego minifigure!

They did.

Spoiler

Michael Knight, aka David Hasselhoff.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

LEGO has requested that we remove the Thor pictures. Apparently they were a leak. Of course, they seemed to be hurting most people's eyes anyway :laugh:

That just made my day :laugh:

Can't wait to see if this Goliath is a sign of an upcoming D2C.

On the subject of Guardians, I'll do a set accuracy review;

Obviously... Spoilers

Ravager Attack; the tree with a cannon is accurate, as are Rocket and Taserface, also the Milano has crashed so the ship fragment is also accurate. The Ravager ship and Mantis are not in this particular scene however.

Ayesha Revenge; This is based on the final battle of the film, the rock piece is from Egos Planet form, Yondu coming down in the Tivan ship is accurate, Groot has the death button complete with lever, and by the design, the Sovereign batteries are included in the control pad. The Sovereign ship is actually a lot more accurate, as it's a drone, unpiloted hence the lack of interior. Ayesha herself is not accurate however, but we see other Soverign wear the blue outfit, so the figure reassembles a Soverign Soldier more than Ayesha. Also no Sovereign were present on Egos Planet.

Milano; this is pretty much on point, Drax doesn't use a jetpack, Groot's just dancing around, Nebula isn't technically in this scene, but appears after this battle in handcuffs.

In both the Milano and Ayesha sets, the weird transparent yellow and black clip pieces would appear to represent the Sovereign batteries, I was very unsure even after watching the film, but it makes sense really

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Hi everyone!

I'm going to go through and edit them out of people's posts per LEGO's request.

Carry on!

HaHa! Good point! When I first saw them, I was like...

imagesscared-baby.jpg