Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

49 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Aren't the henchmen the weird purple minifigs.

I think that's the guard in arena.

Valkyrie, 2 henchmen are yet to be seen. 

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I hope those two henchmen are more along the lines of all those background characters on Sakaar rather than black, faceless soldiers. The extras in this movie look astonishingly cool, even cooler than some of the main characters, and it would be such a shame to miss out on them in minifigure form.

The Asgard battle set is based on... The Asgard Battle. We've seen the Sakaar armour guard for the gladiatorial arena set, the other henchmen will be Hela's minions or maybe Asgardian soldiers, not Sakaar background characters

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The Asgard battle set is based on... The Asgard Battle. 

Are you sure lol

I still dont get why the bigger set is for the Hulk Vs Thor match. I know the Two Henchmen in the TUBFA set will probably be copies of each other and that the big-fig Hulk increases the prices of the Thor Vs Hulk set, but i'm struggling to imagine what they are going to do for a layout considering other than the area where the Grandmaster and Loki sit and potentially a door with a smashing feature, most the rest of the arena is a basic curved wall which would'nt really intice people into getting it. I'm still suprised at the lack of Heimdall or any of the potential larger threats we've heard about that the movie might have. Hopefully TUBFA turns out to be somewhat reminiscent of 'The Milano Vs The Abelisk' in that we'll have something for the ship to interact with - fingers crossed for something Surtur related.

76084; The Ultimate Battle For Asgard
Description; Ship build
Price; ($49.99, 54.99€)
Figures - 6; Bruce Banner (With Green eyes/turning to Hulk), Thor, Valkrie, Hela, Two Henchmen

76088; Thor Vs Hulk; Arena Clash
Description; Gladiator Ring
Price; $59.99, 69.99€
Figures - 5; Hulk, Thor, Loki, Grandmaster and a Guard

On 22/04/2017 at 7:51 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It contains Thor, Bruce Banner, Valkyrie, Hela and two henchman.

I mixed a few aspects of the list. I forgot about Bruce due to him having a weak figure representation and Valkryie because we have not seen her figure.

Edited by Scarilian

31 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I still dont get why the bigger set is for the Hulk Vs Thor match. I know the Two Henchmen in the TUBFA set will probably be copies of each other and that the big-fig Hulk increases the prices of the Thor Vs Hulk set, but i'm struggling to imagine what they are going to do for a layout considering other than the area where the Grandmaster and Loki sit and potentially a door with a smashing feature, most the rest of the arena is a basic curved wall which would'nt really intice people into getting it. I'm still suprised at the lack of Heimdall or any of the potential larger threats we've heard about that the movie might have. Hopefully TUBFA turns out to be somewhat reminiscent of 'The Milano Vs The Abelisk' in that we'll have something for the ship to interact with - fingers crossed for something Surtur related.

76084; The Ultimate Battle For Asgard
Description; Ship build
Price; ($49.99, 54.99€)
Figures - 6; Bruce Banner (With Green eyes/turning to Hulk), Thor, Valkrie, Hela, Two Henchmen

76088; Thor Vs Hulk; Arena Clash
Description; Gladiator Ring
Price; $59.99, 69.99€
Figures - 5; Hulk, Thor, Loki, Grandmaster and a Guard

I mixed a few aspects of the list. I forgot about Bruce due to him having a weak figure representation and Valkryie because we have not seen her figure.

You've got it mixed up. The ship is the bigger set and the gladiator match is the smaller one. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

You've got it mixed up. The ship is the bigger set and the gladiator match is the smaller one. 

Source?

22 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Source?

Didn't all of the early buzz put the gladiator set at $50? The gladiator set has fewer figures and it would make sense for the arena to be a smaller build. Also, I think Delta said that the arena is the smaller one. 

Edit: When you look at Delta's original Instagram post announcing the sets, he lists the gladiator ring first. Whenever he lists sets in pictures like that he always does the smaller one first, like when he listed the bank robbery then the truck for Homecoming. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

30 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

We need delta to solve this...

Yeah, but it doesn't matter too much. The sets are pretty close in size, it's not like one is $20 and one is $80. I for one will be happy with whatever we get. 

3 hours ago, J3D1-T said:

Are you sure lol

I wasn't really, it took a lot of research to convince me, but even now I'm still rather unsure 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Didn't all of the early buzz put the gladiator set at $50? The gladiator set has fewer figures and it would make sense for the arena to be a smaller build. Also, I think Delta said that the arena is the smaller one. 

Edit: When you look at Delta's original Instagram post announcing the sets, he lists the gladiator ring first. Whenever he lists sets in pictures like that he always does the smaller one first, like when he listed the bank robbery then the truck for Homecoming. 

Brickset updated the sets and the prices have been switched, putting the Thor vs Hulk Arena Clash at $60 and The Ultimate Battle for Asgard at $50.

31 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

Brickset updated the sets and the prices have been switched, putting the Thor vs Hulk Arena Clash at $60 and The Ultimate Battle for Asgard at $50.

thx for the observation! Low price tells me that whatever complex build (like the Asgard ship) we get, it won't be looking too good..

56 minutes ago, AmericaLego said:

I don't check Brickset, so thank you! I still think both sets will be very good and I'll definitely purchase both. Sorry for causing confusion about the pricing. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The Asgard battle set is based on... The Asgard Battle. We've seen the Sakaar armour guard for the gladiatorial arena set, the other henchmen will be Hela's minions or maybe Asgardian soldiers, not Sakaar background characters

Oh, woops, I didn't quite marry figs to sets in my head yet :grin: That's pretty disappointing, though. I feel like the styles they use for Asgardians are pretty meh and easy to recreate with existing prints. 

48 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don't check Brickset, so thank you! I still think both sets will be very good and I'll definitely purchase both. Sorry for causing confusion about the pricing. 

It's fine - i'm still not 100% sure on it myself. I assumed that the reduced number of figures and the focus on the gladitorial aspect would mean that the Gladiator Hulk set would be cheaper - though Brickset says the opposite.

Either way, a spaceship set for roughly the same (or $10 more) than the Milano Vs The Abelisk set... so hopefully we'll end up getting something for the spaceship to interact with. Even if it's just a small asgardian vessel or something to either give a sense of scale or simply to make it feel more like a larger battle.

I'd chalk up the Arena set being $10 more to being just bigfig tax for the Hulk figure. I don't think the build will be much bigger than the ship.

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I wasn't really, it took a lot of research to convince me, but even now I'm still rather unsure 

:grin: lol

12 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Oh, woops, I didn't quite marry figs to sets in my head yet :grin: That's pretty disappointing, though. I feel like the styles they use for Asgardians are pretty meh and easy to recreate with existing prints. 

Not gonna lie, I would love to have more of Sakaar's funky looking citizens, but I'm glad we at least have one instead of none

Hot Toys revealed the first really clear look at the Mark 47 in Homecoming. I think the Lego figure could've benefited from some arm printing or even silver/red dual molded arms. I don't think they should've made the hands gray, but that's an easy fix to make. Overall I'm thrilled with the Iron Man figure in the set and I'm most excited for him and Vulture! 

30 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hot Toys revealed the first really clear look at the Mark 47 in Homecoming. I think the Lego figure could've benefited from some arm printing or even silver/red dual molded arms. I don't think they should've made the hands gray, but that's an easy fix to make. Overall I'm thrilled with the Iron Man figure in the set and I'm most excited for him and Vulture! 

Yeah! The print should have been printed on a gray body instead (legs too). Dissapointed on how that figure turned cause the design looks really cool and it took inspiration from the Ultimate armor

7 hours ago, BatofGotham said:

Yeah! The print should have been printed on a gray body instead (legs too). Dissapointed on how that figure turned cause the design looks really cool and it took inspiration from the Ultimate armor

Awesome design! Like what @GoldenNinja3000 said, it's an easy fix for the hand. Other than that it's a great thing we're getting a new Ironman variant. Atleast it's now confirmed Mark 47.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Awesome design! Like what @GoldenNinja3000 said, it's an easy fix for the hand. Other than that it's a great thing we're getting a new Ironman variant. Atleast it's now confirmed Mark 47.

Yeah, I was confused about if it would officially be Mark 47 or not since he basically just took 46 and replaced the damage and other areas with silver metal. I absolutely adore the Lego Iron Man figures, especially the ones with silver, so I'm happy to add this one to my collection. Now I'm only missing the Heartbreaker. 

30 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, I was confused about if it would officially be Mark 47 or not since he basically just took 46 and replaced the damage and other areas with silver metal. I absolutely adore the Lego Iron Man figures, especially the ones with silver, so I'm happy to add this one to my collection. Now I'm only missing the Heartbreaker. 

First ever minifigure(s) that I started collecting is Ironman, would love to see a arm-swap for silver cbturion for this new MK 47.

Luckily, I manage to got them all. My personal fave is MK 39.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

First ever minifigure(s) that I started collecting is Ironman, would love to see a arm-swap for silver cbturion for this new MK 47.

Luckily, I manage to got them all. My personal fave is MK 39.

Yeah, i got every movie set suit, including centurion, i am missing the 3 avengers assemble ones, and of course that convention one... And iron patriot :(