Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

What? I didn't know Fake Tom Hardy was in this movie!

I think perhaps your earlier statement should have been phrased differently. You made it seem as if you had information that others may not be privy to. Just because we can see flesh does not make that Adrian Toomes underneath. That could be an angry Clonetrooper for all we know. I certainly don't know.

As for the Shocker-talk, I feel ambivalent, mostly. I had hoped this figure would feature a more elaborate, more evolved costume, one closer to his comic costume, and that THAT was the reason for the secrecy. But no, it's based on the already-glimpsed costume from the trailer. And, for what it is, it looks fine. But it isn't quite as satisfying as my imagination wanted it to be. I'll probably still get the set.

The end. :classic:

Well said about the Shocker, actually there's no problem because he's accurate with the trailers we have seen.

But given the secrecy, most of us assume that they'll kept it for something that is kinda spoilery. We know that Shocker is in the movie, we saw him on the trailers. But we did expect for more because of him being in silhouette 

Man... so many complaints about the MCU figures lately. The deal with shocker, I mean he's not the best minifigure, but I'm glad we are getting him. He's accurate, you guys are just mad that we didn't get his final suit. The silhouette was a bit surprising and I get that we wanted something more, but it is what it is. I would understand the complaints if he we wasn't accurate what so ever, but at least this minifigure resembles one of his outfits in the movie. 

I can't understand why they would go with a basically civilian design when we know for sure that he's going to get a legitimate costume unless they plan on making a third set with the real Shocker minifig. Even if those old set pics are fake, there's promotional art that's been released of a fully kitted-out Shocker. I still think we're seeing a secret third set with DIY Spidey, Shocker, and Vulture, and whatever character is just too cool spoil. 

I think it is kinda nice that they gave him a piece for his gauntlets, even though Crossbones didn't have them. They are the same gauntlets after all, just modified. 

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I think perhaps your earlier statement should have been phrased differently. You made it seem as if you had information that others may not be privy to. Just because we can see flesh does not make that Adrian Toomes underneath. That could be an angry Clonetrooper for all we know. I certainly don't know.

As for the Shocker-talk, I feel ambivalent, mostly. I had hoped this figure would feature a more elaborate, more evolved costume, one closer to his comic costume, and that THAT was the reason for the secrecy. But no, it's based on the already-glimpsed costume from the trailer. And, for what it is, it looks fine. But it isn't quite as satisfying as my imagination wanted it to be. I'll probably still get the set.

But under mask Vulture IS ADRIAN TOOMES, so whatever head we get, it will be head of Adrian Toomes anyway.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But under mask Vulture IS ADRIAN TOOMES, so whatever head we get, it will be head of Adrian Toomes anyway.

Unless Lego reuses 2016 Vilture head, or makes Michael Keaton head, it will be either "angry clone", "Loki" or some other type of reused head and not Toomes!

25 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Unless Lego reuses 2016 Vilture head, or makes Michael Keaton head, it will be either "angry clone", "Loki" or some other type of reused head and not Toomes!

But on Vulture it is Adrian Toomes face. You don't get it. If you put Loki's face on Adrian Toomes, maybe it doesn't look like Adrian Toomes, but it is Adrian Toomes's face. Everybody says Loki's face, but it was first used for Bruce Wayne. So it is Bruce Wayne's face, but everybody says that it is Loki's head. 

@THELEGOBATMAN

You've mention that we are getting Adrian Toome's head that's why we all thought you have an inside source who has share some info for you.

We knew that under the Vulture's mask it has a flesh head and that make sense it will be Adrian because he's the Vulture.

We're asking, how did you say it will be Adrian Toome's head, do you have some confirmation or what? Because what you are saying is really obvious.

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@THELEGOBATMAN

You've mention that we are getting Adrian Toome's head that's why we all thought you have an inside source who has share some info for you.

We knew that under the Vulture's mask it has a flesh head and that make sense it will be Adrian because he's the Vulture.

We're asking, how did you say it will be Adrian Toome's head, do you have some confirmation or what? Because what you are saying is really obvious.

I said that I don't know, I only knew that we are getting his flesh head. It wasn't obvious, maybe there was just black or transparent head.

I've said this before, but let's try to avoid statements of opinions phrased as facts. That doesn't make them facts. Just because we get an MCU Vulture body does not mean we will be getting a character specific "Adrian Toomes" head, previous comic book set version, new print, or otherwise. Until we can actually see what face print is under the mask, it's foolish to assume we'll get a new, old, or even remotely accurate face print for the character, including however much Lego wants us to use our imagination. We all remember Gandalf Ant-Man don't we? :look:

So less talk about assumptions, more set talk about things we can see. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

We all remember Gandalf Ant-Man don't we? :look:

*shudders* Why did you bring that up? I just got over the nightmares! Anyways I feel like with such a letdown of how this homecoming wave is, the Thor sets are probably gonna look better. I mean, the minifigs already do (well except for Loki in my opinion, at least shocker's accurate)! 

47 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

Anyways I feel like with such a letdown of how this homecoming wave is, the Thor sets are probably gonna look better. I mean, the minifigs already do (well except for Loki in my opinion, at least shocker's accurate)! 

I think that's what makes the Homecoming sets seem so poor, the Thor minifigures are awesome. I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of new molds and complex printing used. With Homecoming there's just so much laziness going on. For Hela we get that amazing helmet, for Vulture we get an Iron Man helmet. I mean the disparity in quality makes it a bit surprising these are a part of the same theme.

And I get that Shocker is accurate to the movie, but they could have at least made up for the blandness with a new gauntlet (Especially in light of the lack of new molds on the other characters).

Edited by strangely

I feel like the earlier Marvel sets (GotG and Homecoming) suffered because Lego was putting all of their design efforts and new molds into the 2 new DC themes. And because Thor sets come out later, they had more time and money to devote to them. I really hope the Thor sets are revealed soon! 

Again I'll point out that LEGO bases their designs primarily on concept art or preliminary footage. Look back to Vision when the stone on his head was blue. The same thing could've happened with Antman, especially with all the re-writes that film under went. So who knows, maybe the same thing is happening again with Shocker. We'll just have to see if he had the more comic accurate costume. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I feel like the earlier Marvel sets (GotG and Homecoming) suffered because Lego was putting all of their design efforts and new molds into the 2 new DC themes. And because Thor sets come out later, they had more time and money to devote to them. I really hope the Thor sets are revealed soon! 

Lego is not some small proprietorship that has just a few designers thus forcing them to prioritize funds and which theme gets the most attention. They're a massive corporation constantly planning out who will be designated to work on each set or theme and bringing in new designers for maximum efficiency. As @Ashnflash said, it is clearly an issue of concept art just like what happened with Vision, Ant Man, and the different spider symbol on Spider-Man's torso in the Civil War Tanker Truck set.

3 hours ago, strangely said:

I think that's what makes the Homecoming sets seem so poor, the Thor minifigures are awesome. I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of new molds and complex printing used. With Homecoming there's just so much laziness going on. For Hela we get that amazing helmet, for Vulture we get an Iron Man helmet. I mean the disparity in quality makes it a bit surprising these are a part of the same theme.

Honestly the Iron Man helmet for Vulture would work well if it was in a different color other than dark green. In pretty much all the concept art or promo materials the "beak" is not so large that it requires a new mold unlike something like Hela that is pretty much iconic and cannot be accomplished with a print or existing mold. Its really just a matter of whether or not the designers think the something can be portrayed with a print or existing mold rather than a new ones; its not laziness.

8 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

We all remember Gandalf Ant-Man don't we? :look:

Umm, no, apparently we do not ALL remember Gandalf Ant-Man. 

*jumps over to Google* 

Oh my goodness. That's hilarious. I'd like to officially cast my vote for Gandalf Vulture.

Regardless if we're getting an Adrian Toomes head or not I'd be happy to get the Vulture.

Can someone try the aviator helm with black goggles in pineapple head accesory? I just wanna know if that could work for purist Shocker head. Thanks! 

On 15-4-2017 at 5:56 PM, kungfulegolover said:

The two Spider-Man: Homecoming sets:

#76082: ATM Heist Battle - $19.99

#76083: Beware the Vulture - $39.99

Please read the topic before posting information which already has been posted. 

Kevin Feige did say there is going to be multiple people taking the persona of the "Shocker." And from the latest reel shown to press, Marshall-Green is seen to be using the shocker gauntlets. So due to this we will be seeing a third set? Theres also the Thinkerer in the movie and Donald Glover mysterious character. 

4 minutes ago, gman4306 said:

Kevin Feige did say there is going to be multiple people taking the persona of the "Shocker." And from the latest reel shown to press, Marshall-Green is seen to be using the shocker gauntlets. So due to this we will be seeing a third set? Theres also the Thinkerer in the movie and Donald Glover mysterious character. 

I don't know man, if that's really hidden well, it should be a store exclusive but atleast those "Leakers" have the info, I would like to have a 3rd set but I doubt it will happen. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I don't know man, if that's really hidden well, it should be a store exclusive but atleast those "Leakers" have the info, I would like to have a 3rd set but I doubt it will happen. 

Ah ok. time will tell. Also for the Shocker mininfigure, is his gauntlet a new piece? or was that used before in chima and ultra agents

On 4/15/2017 at 2:07 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is only one Shocker. The other  guy is Tinkerer.

Just tying up a loose end here, Logan Marshall-Green (the other guy) was confirmed to be playing the Shocker at an open house at Marvel yesterday. 

So there are at least two Shockers in the MCU as of now. 

1 hour ago, Delta Customs said:

Just tying up a loose end here, Logan Marshall-Green (the other guy) was confirmed to be playing the Shocker at an open house at Marvel yesterday. 

Oh snap! So it's confirmed already? Probably that's the Shocker that is more comic accurate costume! Hope that we can get a fig of him! Polybag!

3 hours ago, gman4306 said:

Also for the Shocker mininfigure, is his gauntlet a new piece? or was that used before in chima and ultra agents

It appears to be the piece used with Chima/Ultra Agents. We should hopefully see the back of the box art soon which may reveal whether it is - however for now it very likely is.

1 hour ago, Delta Customs said:

Just to clarify so nobody misunderstands this - he means two Shocker's are confirmed to appear in the movie. That doesnt necessarily mean that we'll have two Shocker's running around at the same time.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Oh snap! So it's confirmed already? Probably that's the Shocker that is more comic accurate costume! Hope that we can get a fig of him! Polybag!

It's very likely a case where the version we are getting is based on the first version of Shocker played by Bokeem Woodbine. Likely chosen because he either fits the scene being displayed.

Marshall-Green's Shocker will probably be the design that we saw on the display (the black/yellow suit with mask) and i expect that we could end up not getting that represented until potentially a Homecoming sequel or eventual Sinister Six film.

If we do get any promotional figure/polybag/whatever - basing it around the older costume that Peter is forced to wear at one point in the movie would make more sense than giving us the updated Shocker.

Just now, Scarilian said:

It appears to be the piece used with Chima/Ultra Agents. We should hopefully see the back of the box art soon which may reveal whether it is - however for now it very likely is.

Just to clarify so nobody misunderstands this - he means two Shocker's are confirmed to appear in the movie. That doesnt necessarily mean that we'll have two Shocker's running around at the same time.

It's very likely a case where the version we are getting is based on the first version of Shocker played by Bokeem Woodbine. Likely chosen because he either fits the scene being displayed.

Marshall-Green's Shocker will probably be the design that we saw on the display (the black/yellow suit with mask) and i expect that we could end up not getting that represented until potentially a Homecoming sequel or eventual Sinister Six film.

If we do get any promotional figure/polybag/whatever - basing it around the older costume that Peter is forced to wear at one point in the movie would make more sense than giving us the updated Shocker.

Any of those two is welcome. I'm still disappointed they didn't include the home made suit spidey in any of those sets. They could've done that. 

Just now, Hero Bricks said:

Do we know when the Spider-Man Homecoming sets will hit the stores?

June. I don't know about the exact date.