Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Dayum you have all the records on your mind? Every little detail and information. Awesome batman!

Thank you :wink:

I'm curious about Shocker...from the trailer it looks like he has an enhanced robot hand, TLG will put something on his hand or will they do nothing like for Crossbones?

6 minutes ago, ThunderDrako said:

I'm curious about Shocker...from the trailer it looks like he has an enhanced robot hand, TLG will put something on his hand or will they do nothing like for Crossbones?

Could be something new. Could be the Chima hands. Could just be grey hands. Could be a smart combination of pieces we already have

I'd like to see something representing the compressed air he blasts out

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Could be something new. Could be the Chima hands. Could just be grey hands. Could be a smart combination of pieces we already have

I'd like to see something representing the compressed air he blasts out

Chima hands looks off. It will be a large hands. And that's look stupid but I guess that's alright to get than nothing at all.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not official (from instruction) 7.06

Official images 22.06

Great memory you have there. Thanks! I guess that's when we can expect the Ragnarok pics, then. Hopefully the minifig leaks means that we'll see pics earlier...

So right now we still have no idea what Shocker and Valkyrie minifigure look like. So maybe in a few weeks we can expect those 2 minifigures revealed?

Just now, benderisgreat said:

So right now we still have no idea what Shocker and Valkyrie minifigure look like. So maybe in a few weeks we can expect those 2 minifigures revealed?

I'm not bothered with Valkyrie because it will be a long time before it will be released, kinda excited/worried what they will do with Shocker as he will be appearing in the sets soon.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm not bothered with Valkyrie because it will be a long time before it will be released, kinda excited/worried what they will do with Shocker as he will be appearing in the sets soon.

Well rumors about no leg print sound bad tbh. I really don't understand why Lego decides to save a few $ but make under detailed and subpar minifigure.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Well rumors about no leg print sound bad tbh. I really don't understand why Lego decides to save a few $ but make under detailed undo subpar minifigure.

Even if it's comic version it should have leg printing. They do justice with the fig if it has leg printing, imagine a torso and arm so intricate but when it comes to legs, blank.

2 minutes ago, Master_Data said:

A little off the current topic, but does anyone think that the new Flash cowl could finally mean a helmeted Captain America?

Maybe a comic version, but I think its far more likely that Lego would produce a new mold should they ever give Captain America a proper helmet. With pieces produced specifically for licenses--such as headwear--I think it is very unlikely to crossover to another theme. 

9 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Well rumors about no leg print sound bad tbh. I really don't understand why Lego decides to save a few $ but make under detailed and subpar minifigure.

To....Save money. It will stop literally nobody from buying the set, why wouldn't they?

8 hours ago, Master_Data said:

A little off the current topic, but does anyone think that the new Flash cowl could finally mean a helmeted Captain America?

Delta has some information for the upcoming DC figs. I hope that he has some for Marvel too! 

On 24/03/2017 at 6:24 PM, InnerRayg said:

To....Save money. It will stop literally nobody from buying the set, why wouldn't they?

I remember several people avoiding purchasing sets previously because the figures were subpar. Not everyone buys sets due to the vehicles - many people nowadays buy sets for the figures and view the builds as a nice addition because after a week or so they end up just dismantling the builds. Licensed themes especially have a larger following for the figures than the builds.

The Spider-man Homecoming Bank Robbery set to me is an easy pass primarily because of the skimping on the figures. The Spider-man figure is great but i'd be getting it in the other set that has Iron Man, the main villain and the side villain. As such i'd only be buying the set for a bland building and two out of four of the characters needed to replicate the trailer scene - so its not worth getting the set. If they had included two alternative heads for the other masks then i may have brought it - but by skimping they lost a sale.
Ae3zUSd.jpg

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I remember several people avoiding purchasing sets previously because the figures were subpar. Not everyone buys sets due to the vehicles - many people nowadays buy sets for the figures and view the builds as a nice addition because after a week or so they end up just dismantling the builds. Licensed themes especially have a larger following for the figures than the builds.

Oh, you're talking about AFOLs. Sure, they care. They also don't matter. They barely even register on the sales charts compared to kids, and kids do not care about leg printing.

47 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

Oh, you're talking about AFOLs. Sure, they care. They also don't matter. They barely even register on the sales charts compared to kids, and kids do not care about leg printing.

I would tend to disagree. I would say most AFOLs buy sets for the parts first and foremost.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The Spider-man Homecoming Bank Robbery set to me is an easy pass primarily because of the skimping on the figures. The Spider-man figure is great but i'd be getting it in the other set that has Iron Man, the main villain and the side villain.

Which is actually a good thing, in my opinion. Kids can have MCU Spider-Man in cheaper set that BTW has a lot of playability, while many of us, including me, will be perfectly fine with just buying the larger set. I'd rather pass on the Bank Robbery than being "forced" to buy it only for Shocker, for example. :classic:

Im getting both, as a contortionist, and the fact that im building a small city that could use a bank. I like that it is fully enclosed. I also found use for the jewellery store in the new Catwoman set

7 hours ago, Chewk said:

I would tend to disagree. I would say most AFOLs buy sets for the parts first and foremost.

I can see it being both ways. I think he was commenting more on the fact that the buying decisions of AFOLs are pretty irrelevant in sets like this as they make up such a tiny, tiny portion of the actual sales figure. If 99% of these sets are bought by kids and kids don't care about leg printing then why do they need to worry about printing the legs?

So I bought new Milano with a 25% discount (already!) today and it's even more dissapointing than I originally thought! The ship itself is so small you can barely put whole Guardians crew inside ( Rocket can't fit with his tail on), no control panels no extra space in the back, basically no interior at all. Minifigures are good, but not great, especially Gamora. Baby Groot is really nice mold, but he can't save a bad set. Abelisk is better than I expected, I really wish Lego just made a huge Abelisk as a main build of the set to make him huge and more accurate to the movie.

Overall there's not that much good in a set beside Groot, some minifigures and new parts like cockpit. I'm probably going to dismantle this Milano and use pieces for something else. Good thing that I have 2014 Milano, so I can put updated Guardians in the better ship. I hope that for Infinity War sets Lego won't make even smaller and crappier Milano since there's no way they can make worse model of this ship.

4 hours ago, Alonzo Brickovsky said:

Which is actually a good thing, in my opinion. Kids can have MCU Spider-Man in cheaper set that BTW has a lot of playability, while many of us, including me, will be perfectly fine with just buying the larger set. I'd rather pass on the Bank Robbery than being "forced" to buy it only for Shocker, for example. :classic:

Any kid who sees the movie would want the set with the bad guys in - and chances are parents would want to buy the set that does not contain armed robbers. Especially with the minimal price increase. While its nice having a cheaper set to get Spider-man its a bit redundant when the next set up is only going to be about ÂŁ5-10 more expensive and have Iron Man, Shocker, Vulture and Spider-man instead of Spider-man and two thugs.

11 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

No, i was not talking solely about AFOL's - kids also collect or buy sets for the figures. The entire Batman and Iron Man variants only happened because of kids buying the sets with varied figures, the idea of having every member of a team or every variant is the precise reason that Lego space out the figures over different sets.

In regards to AFOL's though - they are a big enough market for exclusive figures or sets at SDCC - and Lego have even started to do AFOL only competitions and target AFOL's more.

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Any kid who sees the movie would want the set with the bad guys in - and chances are parents would want to buy the set that does not contain armed robbers. 

But it's fine to get a rogue Nazi group (Red Skull, Baron Strucker, 4x Hydra Henchmen)?

Parents wouldn't care what set their kid gets, it's only a toy for them to play with. They're not going to turn around and say "I won't buy this set with this Green Goblin character, because it will encourage my child to want to be a supervillain"

It's a kids toy, that adults also tend to buy for themselves. Also it seems LEGO does care about the AFOL community, as they changed Spider Man and Vision, which a little kid would not really care too much about (unless they're hardcore perfectionists like some users on here :wink: )

Just saw we are getting a new Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer tomorrow.  Maybe we'll finally get a good look at Shocker so we can stop all this guessing.

I think changes in designs such as Vision etc are also down to the design team wanting to make things right. They produce excellent designs whether they're limited to torso and head print or, in the case of the Lego Batman Movie, full leg, arm, torso and head print. We get to see the finished movie and then look at the Lego figure... the designer had a concept sketch supplied 12-18 months ago to work from. I bet they shake their head far more an AFOL Lego buyers when a character's design changes from concept to release thus rendering their work incorrect.