Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

The lack of leg printing on most of the figures is disappointing, especially with Loki and Hela... But that's to be expected of Lego these days, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hela's legs, printing is actually there

I'm not seeing the leg printing, they seem like regular black legs. Maybe its just that the printing is small or something... not sure what everyone else is seeing.

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

The lack of leg printing on most of the figures is disappointing, especially with Loki and Hela... But that's to be expected of Lego these days, unfortunately.

Tbf, they were starting to improve in other themes - it's a massive shame they dont bother on occasions.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I'm not seeing the leg printing, they seem like regular black legs. Maybe its just that the printing is small or something... not sure what everyone else is seeing.

Tbf, they were starting to improve in other themes - it's a massive shame they dont bother on occasions.

I'm seeing lines similar to that Entertainment magazine official hi res picture of Hela.

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/08/first-look-at-thor-hela-and-valkyrie-in-ragnarok/

Edited by SpiderJazz
Link provided

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Blue cape is second Thor cape, and Valkyrie doesn't have a cape.

Yea but in all the pictures we got thus far for the movie we see Thor wearing only a red cape.

If you notice in this picture Valkyrie has a blue cape.

https://ewedit.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/00025099043543596.jpg

Edited by LuxorV
Huge images. Turned into links. Resize before deeplinking.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Thor is probably the best figures in the line-up. We get a battle damaged and a non-battle damaged version of the same costume which is great. I'm glad Lego are doing this with figures like Nebula for example. Damaged version has a blood stain and a leg wound. We also see his 'calm' face which is a fairly neutral expression which is nice because the smiling really would'nt have suited the look they were going for. The helmet is nice and the arm and undamaged leg print is good and can probably be used on some other figures. Hate the purple plaster on his damaged version - like Hulk's shoulder pad it looks ridiculous and detracts from the figure.

This is not battle damage and a non-battle damaged version of the same costume. First is normal (from 76088) and second is galdiator version (from 76084). It has some kind of blue leg protector and red armor painting from gladiator arena.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is not battle damage and a non-battle damaged version of the same costume. First is normal (from 76088) and second is galdiator version (from 76084). It has some kind of blue leg protector and red armor painting from gladiator arena.

Correct! It makes sense Thor also have a weird color looking armor same as Hulk with the shoulder armor.

1 hour ago, Battlinpanther said:

Can't wait to see Valkyrie now. Does anyone know if we're getting the Executioner?

Base on Delta's information, There's no mention of Executioner. 

1 hour ago, Battlinpanther said:

Can't wait to see Valkyrie now. Does anyone know if we're getting the Executioner?

Executioner was not on the list from Delta_Customs.

Only chance for him to get a figure would be if he's released at SDCC or something similar.

What's noteworthy is the actor mentioned he is mainly in armour, so potentially he could have the same external appearance as the two Henchmen included in the larger set.

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is not battle damage and a non-battle damaged version of the same costume.

Thought it was battle damage, but still its an alternative costume which is nice to get.

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Base on Delta's information, There's no mention of Executioner. 

It was theorised by everyone that the gladiatorial guard could be Skurge, but it appears now to be the purple armoured dude

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It was theorised by everyone that the gladiatorial guard could be Skurge, but it appears now to be the purple armoured dude

Good thing about Delta's giving information it is detailed, so if the character doesn't have a name. it's just a fig like the Guard. 

Whatever it is, it needs leg printing. I don't like the purple to black transition. 

18 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Good thing about Delta's giving information it is detailed, so if the character doesn't have a name. it's just a fig like the Guard. 

Delta's info about the LEGO Batman Movie Ultimate Batmoblile set was completely detailed and spot-on, but he still missed Polka-Dot Man.

My only point is: who knows? (I don't.) 

Those are incredible! I'm so very happy Thor and Hela get thier helmets, they could've easily skimped on those and I'm so glad they didn't! The alien looks really great, it's nice to get Banner and Loki is decent, his color scheme is a little off-putting to me. The new shapes of cape elements look nice and I look forward to seeing better pics of that Hulk bigfig. So far, these are shaping up to be the best Marvel sets this year! Now lets just hope the builds are as good as the figs.

Edited by ToaDraco

18 minutes ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

The lack of leg printing but ultra detailed torsos is bizarre, I just can't understand LEGO's thinking 

Agreed! The situation with no leg prints in Marvel sets is starting to be frustrating. I can understand why Lego won't make printed arms for most minifigures, but no printed legs? Its 2017 Lego not 2007, quality standards are much higher now!

6 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Agreed! The situation with no leg prints in Marvel sets is starting to be frustrating. I can understand why Lego won't make printed arms for most minifigures, but no printed legs? Its 2017 Lego not 2007, quality standards are much higher now!

Hahahaha way back 2007 it's worst

Hopefully it won't be long before we get our first look at Shocker.  Him, Valkyrie, and a henchman are all that remain, correct?

I have to agree about the leg printing, it's extremely annoying on some figures. Not too bothered by it on Hela, but this trend started last year with the Civil War sets and the detailed torsos with unprinted legs clashed horrifically in figures like White Tiger, Scorpion, and the Vulture last summer. 

54 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I have to agree about the leg printing, it's extremely annoying on some figures. Not too bothered by it on Hela, but this trend started last year with the Civil War sets and the detailed torsos with unprinted legs clashed horrifically in figures like White Tiger, Scorpion, and the Vulture last summer. 

Agent 13 too! 

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

Hopefully it won't be long before we get our first look at Shocker.  Him, Valkyrie, and a henchman are all that remain, correct?

Correct! I'm excited to see Shocker. And the builds for Thor: Ragnarok sets, do we already have the prices on these sets?

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I think Vulture is completely fine. Scorpion could have used some printing along with darker green dual molded legs, but I feel like Black Panther and Falcon suffered the worst. 

1 hour ago, Raptor of Vengeance said:

I think Vulture is completely fine. Scorpion could have used some printing along with darker green dual molded legs, but I feel like Black Panther and Falcon suffered the worst. 

Thankfully with Black Panther the General Zod legs work extremely well. I guess we can look for printed legs that would work so all hope isn't lost.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Thankfully with Black Panther the General Zod legs work extremely well. I guess we can look for printed legs that would work so all hope isn't lost.

That's what I did, winter soldier have the new cms Spy legs for me, Cross bones have the cms Galactic trooper and for Falcon I used an old minifig I don't know what it's called it has star emblem on the torso. 

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Correct! I'm excited to see Shocker. And the builds for Thor: Ragnarok sets, do we already have the prices on these sets?

76082-20$

76083-40$

76084-50$

76088-60$