Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

32 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Good luck man! looking forward for the finish product.

18 minutes ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

Yep, the next Milano will be Ravager Attack size!!!

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I can't put it in the boat bottom piece behind the cockpit, as Technic bricks filled it up.

Here's my attempt:

There are some good looking minifigures in those Guardians sets.  I may have to make a purchase.

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

There are some good looking minifigures in those Guardians sets.  I may have to make a purchase.

Maybe you should stop by your local LEGO store tomorrow. :wink:

36 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Still has about as much interior space as the new 'to scale' one does.:hmpf_bad:

Hahaha lol at this, Well designed good use of Nexo Shield.

On 02/03/2017 at 9:32 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Though I think you should pick up the Milano regardless, if Quinjets are anything to go by, the next Milano will probably be even smaller! :laugh:

Personally expecting Infinity War to have a set featuring the Milano and the Avengers Quinjet facing off against each other, both smaller than the scale we got them in 2017 and the Civil War sets respectively.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Personally expecting Infinity War to have a set featuring the Milano and the Avengers Quinjet facing off against each other, both smaller than the scale we got them in 2017 and the Civil War sets respectively.

There's no way they can go smaller for both! They were pushing it too much with 2016 Quinjet and new Milano already.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

There's no way they can go smaller for both! They were pushing it too much with 2016 Quinjet and new Milano already.

Definitely agree. Unless they make them one-seater with no room for modifications (TLG please no)

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

That is hilarious :) bravo!

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Definitely agree. Unless they make them one-seater with no room for modifications (TLG please no)

I've already made a single seater Milano and TLG would probably be able to pull the ship off without looking too bad, but i fear for the Quinjet. Hopefully this will still be big.

@JACKATTACKS a shrunken ship of that type would look okay for a minor character with no named ship (Taserface's Ravager ship in the Taserface Attack set), but for an iconic ship like the Milano, it's a no-go. A Milano that is only slightly larger than the Taserface ship would look really bad.

1 hour ago, JACKATTACKS said:

I've already made a single seater Milano and TLG would probably be able to pull the ship off without looking too bad, but i fear for the Quinjet. Hopefully this will still be big.

Can you share pics of that Milano MOD? I'd be interested seeing what it looks like.

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Pretty sure the Milano get wrecked in GotG Vol 2. I think it's the last we'll be seeing of it. 

16 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Pretty sure the Milano get wrecked in GotG Vol 2. I think it's the last we'll be seeing of it. 

I'm not saying that your wrong (cause you might have sources on this) but it did get wrecked in the last movie and they built a new one. So the same thing could happen here. 

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I would rather Lego just concentrate on making one awesome vehicle than two mediocre vehicles.  The first Quinjet I loved, the second not so much and the third was just awful.:hmpf_bad:

37 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

I think them bringing it back is going to be a continuing gag - though yeah, we'll see how it goes.

Just seems iconic enough to get another version - either for Infinity War, Avengers 4 or GOTG 3.

Though i do feel that they are going to keep decreasing the sizes of iconic vehicles in order to try and distribute them amongst affordable price ranges.

1 hour ago, Foxes Productionz said:

I'm not saying that your wrong (cause you might have sources on this) but it did get wrecked in the last movie and they built a new one. So the same thing could happen here. 

As far as I know they didn't rebuilt it. It's a new entire ship. I can remember what did the nova guys said. "We tried to make it as close as possible" something like that.

But yea, lego decided not to make it "identical" by doing it chibi.

but 

2 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

Can you share pics of that Milano MOD? I'd be interested seeing what it looks like.

Not at the moment as I'm pretty busy but in a week or so i'll create a topic for it and post it there! I have to create a brickshelf account as well so that I can link my pictures.

Does anyone know why Marvel never gets any DK books? I guess I understand why we never get animated movies (although couldn't they just get Disney animation to make separate ones?) I see no reason to believe that DK books is owned by Warner Bros, unless they're secretly in their pocket or something. It just doesn't make sense to me because DC gets a new book like every year and as far as I know, Marvel hasn't had one since maybe the Spider-man line? Star Wars gets them, which is owned by Disney too, so I just am baffled.

4 hours ago, Ultron said:

Does anyone know why Marvel never gets any DK books? I guess I understand why we never get animated movies (although couldn't they just get Disney animation to make separate ones?) I see no reason to believe that DK books is owned by Warner Bros, unless they're secretly in their pocket or something. It just doesn't make sense to me because DC gets a new book like every year and as far as I know, Marvel hasn't had one since maybe the Spider-man line? Star Wars gets them, which is owned by Disney too, so I just am baffled.

Why this question??  

DK to my knowledge does never release Marvel books...

(With DK Books you mean the publisher of those big assasin creed comics i pressume?!)

DK do sell Marvel books, but not Marvel Lego ones. As far as I'm aware, they don't do the Lego ones due to various copyright reasons.

On the subject of the sets, I recently picked up all three GOTG Vol 2 sets. Very pleased with the figures, just wish the builds were a bit better.

Edited by LegoCityNut

8 hours ago, LegoCityNut said:

DK do sell Marvel books, but not Marvel Lego ones. As far as I'm aware, they don't do the Lego ones due to various copyright reasons.

Yeah, I meant lego ones. It's weird though that they can publish Marvel books, just not Lego ones. It's not like anyone else is doing them. 

8 hours ago, LegoCityNut said:

On the subject of the sets, I recently picked up all three GOTG Vol 2 sets. Very pleased with the figures, just wish the builds were a bit better.

That might have something to do with X-men sets they released. Marvel doesn't own movie rights and they don't want to promote their competitors characters. That's the only explanation I can think of, why else wouldn't Marvel ok this type of book?