Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but I just built Ayesha's Revenge and on the side of the main build the print says Tivan. This could be a connection to the Collector.

3 minutes ago, Darkrattyop said:

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but I just built Ayesha's Revenge and on the side of the main build the print says Tivan. This could be a connection to the Collector.

Twas mentioned before but yeah, that's the collector's real name. 

Bog thank you on the Ocado tip! Just bagged the two smaller Guardians sets and Detroit Steel with 4 Batman CMF for £62!!! Amazing.

The Milano is sold out, I wasn't too fussed about that as I have the original but would have liked to get it with that discount for the minifigures and stickers. When it comes back I might get someone I know to buy it and I'll pay them so I can get the £20 off discount again!

1 hour ago, TheBrickHitHouse said:

How would it save money? Printing one design costs no more than another - and the graphic designer isn't paid by the job, they're on a salary.

These sets seem to have been rushed, Lego might be stretching its resources a bit thinly - Batman movie, Ninjago movie and Episode 8, I imagine everything else was a low priority assignment to be rushed through.

Same reason they use stickers. Differently printed pieces require unique storage areas, increasing the cost of storing them. Plus designers are given a "budget" of new pieces, pieces in new colors, and unique prints in each set they design. Not giving Gamora a unique chest print gave them the chance to do something else in another part of the set.

I don't understand the issue with Gamora's torso. It's a beautiful print and she and Star-Lord wear the exact same armor in the trailer. I think it's perfectly fine for them to reuse it for her. 

39 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I don't understand the issue with Gamora's torso. It's a beautiful print and she and Star-Lord wear the exact same armor in the trailer. I think it's perfectly fine for them to reuse it for her. 

Probably because last year they gave us at least a fully designed female version of Ravagers suit. And then can easily do that into this set. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Just like Star Lord she has 2 outfits in the movie: battle gear and casual black suit. But unlike Star Lord in both movies she only appeared in battle gear which limits use of her minifigure in Mocs. I mean the sets are based off concept art, so I can't blame the fact that Star Lord's undershirt in Ayesha's Revenge doesn't have alien language print. But using Star Lords battle armor for Gamora is a cop out on Lego's part and I find it unacceptable. I understand why Lego loves reusing heads for different characters, but unique torsos? Way too low for Lego's standards, especially after giving it their best with Batman Movie sets!

Edited by benderisgreat

22 minutes ago, TheGeekMeister said:

Anyone know if all the yellow parts on the 2014 Milano are available in the orange used in the 2017 version? Would quite like to modify it if I get the chance :)

I originally wanted to remodel old one with orange pieces, but some of them haven't been made in that color since 2005! That put a stop in my plans of making Milano orange instead of yellow .

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

I originally wanted to remodel old one with orange pieces, but some of them haven't been made in that color since 2005! That put a stop in my plans of making Milano orange instead of yellow .

Kinda dissapointing, as well as the new cockpit. I don't know how to put it on the old one. Need a major modification.

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Kinda dissapointing, as well as the new cockpit. I don't know how to put it on the old one. Need a major modification.

I modified the old Milano the other day, and added the new cockpit piece. I can post pictures later on today if you would like.

5 minutes ago, PickleManDan said:

I modified the old Milano the other day, and added the new cockpit piece. I can post pictures later on today if you would like.

That would be great! I haven't figured out how to fix mine yet, and I'm not sure if I will. 

Sets arrived today... couple of issues;
- In Ayesha's Revenge, the flicking mechanism piece is incredibly loose and does not connect to the technic pin with any friction. I'm going to have to get a replacement for it.
- In Ayesha's Revenge, the sliding mechanism has a lock-in piece via a technic pin this will eventually break the pin or become loose from opening/closing.
- Mantis's head piece is rubbery and weird, its not as much of an issue, but it sticks to the head often
- Similar to some of the other sets recently the head's appear to stick to the neck piece often, in a few cases i've been unable to remove or turn the heads without applying considerable force
- Drax's new torso printing is terrible, its effectively the old print except smudged, its overly thick lines prevent any details from standing out, it completely ruins the tattoo'd look of his previous figure

As for the figures, mostly ended up taking the better parts from the new sets and mixing them with other figures in the line-up to make them look better, e.g. Nebula having Drax's GOTG 2 legs.

Chances are i wont fully build the new Milano, i've started building it and its just so disappointing that it's better to just mod it immediately. If i can find some more pieces will hopefully get it looking better and give it a better storage area to try and fit all seven of the team (and baby Groot)

12 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- In Ayesha's Revenge, the flicking mechanism piece is incredibly loose and does not connect to the technic pin with any friction. I'm going to have to get a replacement for it.

That's bad, but hopefully it's a one-off problem.

13 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- In Ayesha's Revenge, the sliding mechanism has a lock-in piece via a technic pin this will eventually break the pin or become loose from opening/closing.

I saw it in @Brick Ministry's speed build, but did not know it will break. Has anyone gotten a similar example?

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- Mantis's head piece is rubbery and weird, its not as much of an issue, but it sticks to the head often

Is it an issue with rubber? Because my Poggle the Lesser's head is rubber and it keeps falling off the torso's neck.

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- Similar to some of the other sets recently the head's appear to stick to the neck piece often, in a few cases i've been unable to remove or turn the heads without applying considerable force

I had that issue with the Lord of the Rings sets, but just keep turning the heads and eventually they will loosen. It worked for me…

15 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

- Drax's new torso printing is terrible, its effectively the old print except smudged, its overly thick lines prevent any details from standing out, it completely ruins the tattoo'd look of his previous figure

Yes, that was disappointing, JANGBRiCKS noted that in his review. I prefer the cleaner look of the old one. Not sure if this is intentional or an error, though.

16 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Chances are i wont fully build the new Milano, i've started building it and its just so disappointing that it's better to just mod it immediately. If i can find some more pieces will hopefully get it looking better and give it a better storage area to try and fit all seven of the team (and baby Groot)

Maybe you should change the back to add space and a removable roof?

48 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I modified the old Milano and it's a lot easier than modifying the new one. I added a seat to the back section and made them face towards the front of the ship and I made the cassette deck smaller. I also removed the seat at the front and put down some plates so that 2 figures and Baby Groot can fit in the cockpit. 

7 hours ago, TheGeekMeister said:

Anyone know if all the yellow parts on the 2014 Milano are available in the orange used in the 2017 version? Would quite like to modify it if I get the chance :)

To be specific, the 4x9 wedge (the base of the back half of the cockpit lid) and the 2x1 slopes with a cutout just flat don't exist in orange. Plus, 6x6 webbed dish hasn't been made in orange in a long, long time, and are quite pricey to acquire.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I modified the old Milano and it's a lot easier than modifying the new one. I added a seat to the back section and made them face towards the front of the ship and I made the cassette deck smaller. I also removed the seat at the front and put down some plates so that 2 figures and Baby Groot can fit in the cockpit. 

Ideally i'd want to fit Star Lord and Gamora at the front with Drax and Rocket behind, Groot could then be in the back. Though shall experiment with the designs a bit.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Is it an issue with rubber? Because my Poggle the Lesser's head is rubber and it keeps falling off the torso's neck.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure, it's not getting stuck at the top of the head, but instead it kind of sticks to the side of the face.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Maybe you should change the back to add space and a removable roof?

Probably, though will have to change a lot of the design. The newer version has smaller wings so its a bit more akward to extend it.

Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, PickleManDan said:

That will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to that.

It makes me jealous you guys have the set on your hands now. While I'm still waiting for it to be posted in the secondary market, LCS doesn't have it yet.

Hi guys! Post all of your modifications. So it will be nice to tackle and point things out. Thanks!

52 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

That will be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to that.

It makes me jealous you guys have the set on your hands now. While I'm still waiting for it to be posted in the secondary market, LCS doesn't have it yet.

Hi guys! Post all of your modifications. So it will be nice to tackle and point things out. Thanks!

Not sure if this thread is the place to post mods...

Anyway, when did we get our first pics of the Doctor Strange sets last year? So that it gives me an idea of roughly when the Ragnarok sets will hit.

40 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Anyway, when did we get our first pics of the Doctor Strange sets last year? So that it gives me an idea of roughly when the Ragnarok sets will hit.

As far as i can tell images of the set appeared in early June and we had the official reveal on or around the 22nd June.

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

Not sure if this thread is the place to post mods...

18 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

As far as i can tell images of the set appeared in early June and we had the official reveal on or around the 22nd June.

DS was an exclusive though so Ragnarok sets could be revealed earlier. I really hope the reveal is before my birthday so I can determine whether or not to ask for them. I do think they'll be amazing though. 

16 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

DS was an exclusive though so Ragnarok sets could be revealed earlier. I really hope the reveal is before my birthday so I can determine whether or not to ask for them. I do think they'll be amazing though. 

Knowing the figs that we will get, yea I must say it will be amazing. Not sure about the builds tho, as both GoTG and SP:H are just so so.

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Knowing the figs that we will get, yea I must say it will be amazing. Not sure about the builds tho, as both GoTG and SP:H are just so so.

I think Ragnarok will blow them out of the water. A Lego gladiator ring sounds amazing and I'm just wondering what kind of ship the bigger set will be. I hope the prices are good for the sets too. 

Does anyone think that Lego will ever release display mats like the ones they use for the comic con shows? Is there anyone out there who does custom ones?