Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

35 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Even so, Warner Bros and Disney superhero products will never interact on good terms. This has been stated before in the Dimensions thread, but if Disney products (Star Wars, Marvel) start to appear in Dimensions, that's what the big demand would be for, it would take away the spotlight for the smaller products

3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

True. How many smaller licenses are left for LEGO to exploit and it still make them money though? Surely they won't go as obscure as ITV's Primeval? 

5 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

@Scarilian The guy who has the closest legs to that vulture would be this guy:

latest?cb=20140117081645

Is it just me, or are the Vulture's wings too huge?? They don't seem so big in the trailer to me.

Heck yea! That's the perfect legs hahahaha! Where to get that minifigure? In what set I mean. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

@VaderFan2187 Lucky for you, will try to search that on our secondary market but nevermind, now that you said it's from 2013. Ugh, Guess I'll have to find another option. 

not bad brick links got him for around $13

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

@Scarilian Which series is that Minifigure from?

Hand-held pieces? Power blast you mean?

mIDqCUg.jpg
CMF 15, they belong to the knight with the mace. Feel the arm print could work for Vulture.

Potentially the power blast pieces, either having them to represent the sound blasts or alternatively i can see someone customising them into gauntlets

3 hours ago, TheGeekMeister said:

Got a predicament...

So Guardians of the Galaxy is my favourite superhero movie, as well as my favourite hero team-up, so I'd really love a complete LEGO line-up. I'd like to have a Milano as well as all the main characters (The Guardians, Nebula, Mantis and Yondu), but I'm finding it hard to choose which iterations of the characters and the ship I want...

I could get the 2014 Milano by itself for £26, and then purchase the minifgs separately OR buy the new Milano set for £44 and get Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax (In outfits I don't particularly like) and another Nebula (already have one), and then I'd only have to purchase Yondu, Mantis and Rocket...

Any help? Which Milano is better for the money?

Honestly, if you dont mind waiting... Avengers Infinity War is primarily stated as being the 'GOTG meeting the Avengers'. I highly expect the Avengers and the GOTG to get top billing in regards to the 2018 Infinity War sets - so you may want to wait till then.

As for which Milano is better for money in terms of the ship, the 2014 Milano is superior as it has a back cabin and given you're attempting to try and get all the GOTG i'd expect you'd want all to fit. 2014 ship already has room for four figures and with a tiny bit of modding can fit four in the front and two in the back, so you'd be able to fit in Yondu, Gamora, Drax, Starlord, Nebula and Mantis (along with baby Groot). 2017 Milano simply doesnt have room for any more than four figures in the front.

Buy the following sets;
1. 2014 Milano
2. Ayesha's Revenge
3. Ravager Attack
4. Rocket Polybag

This gets you every main figure in outfits you'd like, only exception is Big-Fig Groot (You already have Nebula)

2014 Milano;
Ronan - Main villain from Movie 1
Star-Lord - Movie 1 suit
Gamora - Movie 1 suit
Drax - Movie 1 suit
Sakarraan - Movie 1 grunts

Ayesha's Revenge;
Ayesha - Main villain from Movie 2
Yondu - Movie 1 Ravager Outfit
Star-lord - Movie 1 Casual clothes
Baby Groot - Movie 1 syled suit

Ravager Attack;
Taserface - Side villain from Movie 2
Mantis - New GOTG member
Rocket - Movie 2 variant

Rocket Polybag;
Rocket - Highly detailed movie 1 suit with arm printing and leg printing also comes with a stick for 'sapling Groot'. Depending on where you live you can get this cheap, get duplicates for giving your Star-Lord and Gamora epic arm printing.
received_753692784690149.jpeg

Edited by Scarilian

4 hours ago, TheGeekMeister said:

Got a predicament...

So Guardians of the Galaxy is my favourite superhero movie, as well as my favourite hero team-up, so I'd really love a complete LEGO line-up. I'd like to have a Milano as well as all the main characters (The Guardians, Nebula, Mantis and Yondu), but I'm finding it hard to choose which iterations of the characters and the ship I want...

I could get the 2014 Milano by itself for £26, and then purchase the minifgs separately OR buy the new Milano set for £44 and get Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax (In outfits I don't particularly like) and another Nebula (already have one), and then I'd only have to purchase Yondu, Mantis and Rocket...

Any help? Which Milano is better for the money? 

Buy the old milano and bricklink the new figures for it

Jeez I can't believe that the armor piece is actually blue. I will definitely be painting it in a different color, it looks so bad. Not sure what the team behind Thor Ragnarok was thinking

Just now, Thelegodan said:

Jeez I can't believe that the armor piece is actually blue. I will definitely be painting it in a different color, it looks so bad. Not sure what the team behind Thor Ragnarok was thinking

Same here, thought it's kinda prototype and unfinished, hahaha probably there's a reason behind that. Can't wait to see the full fig collection of Thor: Ragnarok.

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Wait, the armor is actually blue?? Not happy about that unless it looks like that in the movie, and even then maybe not. It just clashes horrendously. 

I don't think it is blue in the movie. Look here, at around the 40 seconds mark, I believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGgGX41ULJc

It's probably just a placeholder, I'd say.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Wait, the armor is actually blue?? Not happy about that unless it looks like that in the movie, and even then maybe not. It just clashes horrendously. 

That's what I saw on Delta's post. It's a scene screenshot. You can see it on the YT video too. 0:33 mark

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I don't think it is blue in the movie. Look here, at around the 40 seconds mark, I believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGgGX41ULJc

It's probably just a placeholder, I'd say.

Look at the 0:33 mark it clearly shows that's actually blue. The one in 40ish is facing on the left side and I think it's different because we're talking about the right side.

4 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Not the greatest of designs if I'm been honest.  Are we getting a Bruce Banner minifigure?

Delta said; a transforming to Hulk, Bruce Banner minifig.

3 hours ago, BS2015 said:

Has anyone in the uk found the guardians of the galaxy vol 2 sets at any shops yet?

I'm pretty sure Argos has them, but I'm not 100% on that :) 

@Scarilian You've helped me a hell of a lot, and I'm going to definitely start purchasing some sets when I next get payed!

Thank you to everyone else who had some input!

35 minutes ago, TheGeekMeister said:

@Scarilian You've helped me a hell of a lot, and I'm going to definitely start purchasing some sets when I next get payed!

Really! If so does anyone know the catalog number?

13 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

That's what I saw on Delta's post. It's a scene screenshot. You can see it on the YT video too. 0:33 mark

It's probably an unfinished prototype. Fingers crossed it won't be blue!

@VaderFan2187 Hope so, I did ask the person who actually posted it originally, and he said he's located in HK, waiting for the answer I asked if they selling it. If you look closely in that picture you can see the new variant of Star-lord. 

Just realised... the movie is having the Fenrir Wolf, Surtur and possibly the Midgard Serpent... and we wont be getting any of them :/

Kind of sucks we wont get them.

5 hours ago, TheGeekMeister said:

Can't comment in stores, but the online catalogue sadly does'nt have them.

5 hours ago, TheGeekMeister said:

No problem, only thing i kind of forgot about is the Nova Corp figure from the 2014 line-up, though it was in the cheapest set of that wave so it'll probably be easy to pick-up on Bricklink;
NOVA_CORPS_OFFICER.jpg

3 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Just realised... the movie is having the Fenrir Wolf, Surtur and possibly the Midgard Serpent... and we wont be getting any of them :/

Kind of sucks we wont get them.

Can't comment in stores, but the online catalogue sadly does'nt have them.

No problem, only thing i kind of forgot about is the Nova Corp figure from the 2014 line-up, though it was in the cheapest set of that wave so it'll probably be easy to pick-up on Bricklink;

I imagine Surtur to be like a Nexo Knight monster-like new mold! However, I think we have the list of confirmed characters that we're getting. 

I just want to ask, do we know about lego sets that are store exclusive? Like the 4th Civil War, did someone leaked it ahead of time?

17 hours ago, BrickHat said:

He's discussing concept art, we have'nt actually seen the movie footage. I expect it wont be blue.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I imagine Surtur to be like a Nexo Knight monster-like new mold! However, I think we have the list of confirmed characters that we're getting. 

I just want to ask, do we know about lego sets that are store exclusive? Like the 4th Civil War, did someone leaked it ahead of time?

As far as we are aware, we have the two sets and characters for both. Given the only character's missing from the line-up currently are

I dont believe we had concrete information on the 4th Civil War set until very close to the movie and it was a week or so after the movie's release we actually got the official reveal. Even up to the movie's release people were still having debates about the potential for a fourth set. If you are theorising about a potential set in addition to the 3 GOTG2, 2 Spider-man Homecoming or 2 Thor Ragnarok sets i'd expect it to be much the same scenario where we dont see the set until after the movie's release. Though sadly i feel we may just have the previously mentioned line-up. If there was a set, it'd probably be for Thor Ragnarok and we probably would'nt see it until November.