Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Just now, TheBrickHitHouse said:

Absolutely. Pathetic.

Compare these sets to the Batman movie sets...the designers weren't briniging their A game. 

Damn that was harsh :grin: But I have to agree with you.

Although the designers rarely put effort in this line,so I'm not that suprised.

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Damn that was harsh :grin: But I have to agree with you.

Although the designers rarely put effort in this line,so I'm not that suprised.

Well at least normally to compensate for the crappy builds we get great minifigs, but this time the ball, and everyone's glasses has really dropped

It seems lego has different designers for each theme and that those designers have a pretty big say in styles.

Clearly, the team behind Marvel sets need to get rotated. When we have plain minifigs released in literally the same month as DC figs that are covered in glorious printing (and for the same prices?!), time for some changes to be made. 

Just now, Robert8 said:

Who is supposed to be the truck driver? Do we know it?

It's been said multiple times, but we seem to have reached a consensus that it's Shocker

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Shocker;

Spoiler

zMCksQlF.jpg

Just we have'nt seen him look like this yet in the trailer so they probably want to keep it hidden. The general theory is that the suit and technology passes to a few people in the movie, eventually it evolves to the point we get Shocker at the end.

Edited by Scarilian

Just now, Robert8 said:

Spoiler

Rumors say that Shocker is in the film,so my guess is that he's the one who drives the truck.

6 minutes ago, IMBATMAN said:

Well at least normally to compensate for the crappy builds we get great minifigs, but this time the ball, and everyone's glasses has really dropped

Indeed many AFOLs buy those sets for the figs but if Lego drops the quality for those too then we have a problem.

Oh sorry guys!

I thought you were saying that the character was going to be a shocker because it was amazing

I didn't know there was someone called The Shocker :blush:

How embarrassing :blush::blush::blush::blush:

I had heard that the Thor: Ragnarok sets were not on display.  Does anyone know if we will see them at all this weekend or are they most likely being held off?

Just now, Dr Axels said:

I had heard that the Thor: Ragnarok sets were not on display.  Does anyone know if we will see them at all this weekend or are they most likely being held off?

Though I wish they would reveal them later on, they probably are just holding them off

Just now, IMBATMAN said:

Though I wish they would reveal them later on, they probably are just holding them off

Makes sense since the marketing for the movie hasn't even started yet.Even though the wait for the official pics is annoying :hmpf_bad:

Beware the Vulture looks really good!  New Iron Man, return of MCU Spidey, and a cool looking vehicle. The Vulture's wings look HUGE, but that is easy to forgive. Is the Iron Man supposed to be his suit from Civil War, just now more detailed than the original fig from last year was? If so, it makes me glad I haven't bought the airport battle set yet if it is supposed to represent the same armor.

The bank heist has the cool robber figures, but it is kind of 'meh.' Reminds me of the Spider Man 2 wave from all those years back with the very thin facade of a building. If it is cheap, might be worth the purchase.

We have close ups at sets. And prices. ATM Heist Battle is 19.99$, Beware the Vulture is 39.99$.

Just now, xboxtravis7992 said:

Is the Iron Man supposed to be his suit from Civil War, just now more detailed than the original fig from last year was? If so, it makes me glad I haven't bought the airport battle set yet if it is supposed to represent the same armor.

No. Civil War suit is Mark 46, and that is Mark 47.

They don't seem to be particularly good sets from either perspective. I can't see my little brother getting excited about either set, and while I'm excited about the prospect of a Shocker minifig, the rest are nothing to write home about. 

They feel similarly dissapointing to the Guardians sets.

44 minutes ago, Dr Axels said:

I'm debating on getting the Robbery set for Spider-Man.  The Robber heads might be useful for something down the line.  I honestly don't mind the Vulture set, though.  I like the new Iron Man variant.  While Vulture's helmet may take some time getting used to, I am happy about how the wings turned out.  I feared they would be much larger than what we are getting.  I might also swap out his legs for something with printing.

How the hell can you get any larger than those wings? Lol :wink::laugh:

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Truck driver is Shocker. Stop asking for that, it's getting boring and annoying.

Dude chill. There's a lot of comments to go through, its not easy to find the answer with more and more comments coming through

3 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Dude chill. There's a lot of comments to go through, its not easy to find the answer with more and more comments coming through

Couldnt agree more.

So excited!!!!! Looks incredible! Love the robbers, Spidey using the new firing piece as webs is incredible! Vulture's wings are HUGE but amazing! And I really like the Ironman design! 

Looking forward to seeing Shocker! 

Man, lots of criticism here...am I the only one who's really excited about the Homecoming sets? They look like a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Man, lots of criticism here...am I the only one who's really excited about the Homecoming sets? They look like a lot of fun.

The bank looks bland, but I really like the truck and the figures, especially Vulture and Not-The-Real-Avengers Captain America, and the robbers weapons

I was hoping that robbers would have double sided heads, so this way we could get all 4 masks. But photo of one of the robbers revealed he has just beat up face, so we won't get Thor and Iron Man masks.

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I was hoping that robbers would have double sided heads, so this way we could get all 4 masks. But photo of one of the robbers revealed he has just beat up face, so we won't get Thor and Iron Man masks.

Same :( where'd u see that? ugh,

Just want to share this closer look of the figs.