Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

19 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

I might be wrong, but i think two of this torsos already come with the sets... 

Nah.  There was one very early (Japanese?) review that implied that there were multiple torsos per set, but every reviewer and customer who's talked about it has indicated that there's only one torso.

It must either have been specific to the East Asian market, or a decision for the early-release that Lego reversed their decision on for the wide release of the set.

EDIT: You both found the video I was talking about, and came to the same conclusion I did all in the time between me starting my comment and posting it.  Some minds just think alike, I guess!

Edited by N_Cat

Do you think it would be possible to leave half the long arm in tact? From the look of things, you could probably cut the one end off, put some kind of stopper on the other end to keep it from sliding out, and then just put normal arms on. Does that sound possible?

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Do you think it would be possible to leave half the long arm in tact? From the look of things, you could probably cut the one end off, put some kind of stopper on the other end to keep it from sliding out, and then just put normal arms on. Does that sound possible?

If you can find a "stopper" that will actually holds the other half, that would be possible. 

Do we know if her arm (when cut) is hollow and can be filled with an iron wire? I might use one regular arm on her torso and one long arm on the other. But i need wire to pose that long arm.

Right - apologies. I've been told my Christoph on Flickr a few things to clarify bits for you.

One side does have to be cut to remove the arm (as we pretty much knew).

You can't stuff a stopper in the arm once cut, nor does it look like it has a wire in. In the pic I've been sent it looks like it's just solid all the way through, unless the wire is a little further in?

Lastly, after removing the arms again it's been discovered they are a lot easier to remove than normal figs so probably won't work very well for play, and I'm not sure about possibility, but I'll be having mine with the arms down to the side so no issues.

13 hours ago, Mat099 said:

I saw in this review that two of this torsos seems to come with the sets...  But i can't find it and nobody else mentions it :cry_sad:

SNIP

I had 1 torso in my set so I think you're just lucky if you manage to find 2 torsos. 

3 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

I had 1 torso in my set so I think you're just lucky if you manage to find 2 torsos. 

Like what they said, it's probably only available on the early release or some part of asia. (it became available so early in JPN) 

5 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Lastly, after removing the arms again it's been discovered they are a lot easier to remove than normal figs so probably won't work very well for play...

That may be because of the exclusive CMF toy soldier coming from China and not the torso from Ms. Marvel herself.

Edited by Legocity2713

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

That may be because of the exclusive CMF toy soldier coming from China and not the torso from Ms. Marvel herself.

Eh, many of the weird figure parts are from China and are usually packaged in separate bags (Iron Man's helmet, etc.).  The Japanese review showed Kamala's torso in one of those bags, so I think it's highly likely it's made in China, just like the CMF figures are (including the toy soldier).

31 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Delta just posted a bunch of June 2017 Star Wars pictures on his Instagram. Hopefully this means that the Marvel ones will also be revealed relatively soon. 

Hmmmm, June release. So That includes Guardians, Thor and Spidey right?

25 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hmmmm, June release. So That includes Guardians, Thor and Spidey right?

Guardians are March release, but both Thor and Spidey are June.

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I mean probably a full 360 picture of the set. And preview for the Thor and Spidey wave. 

Lego Thor Ragnarok sets will be release in June? Movie is going to be released in November, so 5 months before? And I think Spider-Man: Homecoming sets will be released in May.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lego Thor Ragnarok sets will be release in June? Movie od going to be released in November, so 5 months before? And I think Spider-Man: Homecoming sets will be released in May.

That's just my estimate, nothing official. But Spider-Man sets definitely will come out in June.

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

What is confirmed about the THOR sets? Do we have what minifigs are we going to get?

Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie, Hela, Loki Grandmaster, Bruce Banner, a guard and soldiers

There are no Marvel sets outside the current ones in the retailers catalog. All the summer (and March) sets are blacked out so I wouldn't get my hopes up on pictures from that. Maybe the toyfairs, but that's a few weeks away. 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

So we are getting 6 sets in March?  The 3 Guardians and Detroit Steel, Hulk, and Cap?

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

That's just my estimate, nothing official. But Spider-Man sets definitely will come out in June.

Who confirmed that? My thoughts:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - March

Spider-Man: Homecoming - May 

Thor: Ragnarok - August

Doctor Strange set came out in August and the movie came out in November. I think Thor: Ragnarok will be the same. And normally we get Marvel sets 3-2 months before premiere so I think we will get Spider-Man: Homecoming sets in May.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie, Hela, Loki Grandmaster, Bruce Banner, a guard and soldiers

Oh I remember, transforming Bruce Banner into Hulk! Right?

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Doctor Strange set came out in August and the movie came out in November. I think Thor: Ragnarok will be the same. And normally we get Marvel sets 3-2 months before premiere so I think we will get Spider-Man: Homecoming sets in May.

This actually make sense, but who knows if this will be the trend in releases. I'm most excited about the Spidey sets, with Hasbro already revealing their toys. Hopefully soon for lego :grin:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree with this. It correlates with the two to three month release before the movie, used in the past. I look forward to both the Spider-Man and the Thor sets!

So to clarify what we are getting;

GOTG2 - March
76079 - $29.99
Ravager Attack

76080 - $39.99
Ayesha's Revenge

76081 - $49.99
The Milano Vs Abelisk

? - ?
Potential fourth set released after movie including 'Ego', likely a similar situation to the Spider-man set for Civil War. This has been rumoured quite a bit and he does seem like a character they are keeping out of the marketting for a reason, so perhaps he will get represented in Lego form in a later set.

Spider-man Homecoming - May?
76082 - $29.99
Bank Robbery, Spider-man, Two robbers with Avengers masks

76083 - $44.99
Car chase
- Vulture (Brickbuilt wings), Shocker, Iron Man, Spider-man

76084 - $54.99
Though this is listed with the Spider-man Homecoming sets on Brickset, it is possible that it could be the missing 'Gladiator Ring' Thor Ragnarok set given the pricing. Its also possible that this set is based off the final battle of the movie, which is rumored to involve the titular 'Homecoming Dance' and may including spoilers explaining why we have'nt heard more about it.

Thor Ragnarok - August?
? - ?
Gladiator battle set
Five figures - Gladiator-armour Hulk, Thor (with helmet), Loki, Grandmaster and a guard

76088 - $69.99
Ship build
Six Figures - Bruce Banner (About to change to Hulk), Thor (with helmet), Valkyrie, Hela and two henchmen

==================

Missing anything?

Edited by Scarilian

10 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

So to clarify what we are getting;

GOTG2 - March
76079 - $29.99
Ravager Attack

76080 - $39.99
Ayesha's Revenge

76081 - $49.99
The Milano Vs Abelisk

? - ?
Potential fourth set released after movie including 'Ego', likely a similar situation to the Spider-man set for Civil War. This has been rumoured quite a bit and he does seem like a character they are keeping out of the marketting for a reason, so perhaps he will get represented in Lego form in a later set.

Spider-man Homecoming - May?
76082 - $29.99
Bank Robbery, Spider-man, Two robbers with Avengers masks

76083 - $44.99
Car chase
- Vulture (Brickbuilt wings), Shocker, Iron Man, Spider-man

76084 - $54.99
Though this is listed with the Spider-man Homecoming sets on Brickset, it is possible that it could be the missing 'Gladiator Ring' Thor Ragnarok set given the pricing. Its also possible that this set is based off the final battle of the movie, which is rumored to involve the titular 'Homecoming Dance' and may including spoilers explaining why we have'nt heard more about it.

Thor Ragnarok - August?
? - ?
Gladiator battle set
Five figures - Gladiator-armour Hulk, Thor (with helmet), Loki, Grandmaster and a guard

76088 - $69.99
Ship build
Six Figures - Bruce Banner (About to change to Hulk), Thor (with helmet), Valkyrie, Hela and two henchmen

==================

Missing anything?

There aren't 3 Spider-Man sets, and the price points for them are meant to be around $15-20 and $40. And the Guardians sets look to be $20, $30 and $50. Also, there haven't been rumors of a 4th Guardians set, just a few people speculating. And didn't J2G confirm just the 3? Other than that I think everything is correct! 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There aren't 3 Spider-Man sets, and the price points for them are meant to be around $15-20 and $40. And the Guardians sets look to be $20, $30 and $50. Also, there haven't been rumors of a 4th Guardians set, just a few people speculating. And didn't J2G confirm just the 3? Other than that I think everything is correct! 

Yeah I believe it's just the 3 GOTG, 2 Spidey, and 2 Thor.