Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

26 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yay! so it's possible!? :grin:

It certainly seems so! He said the arms arent loose, and feel the same sort of way as the cheaper quality CMF figs. Interesting either way! He said he used arms from a soldier figure that came with a book, does anyone know it? I think they look top.

2 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

It certainly seems so! He said the arms arent loose, and feel the same sort of way as the cheaper quality CMF figs. Interesting either way! He said he used arms from a soldier figure that came with a book, does anyone know it? I think they look top.

I'm pretty sure that's from the Toy Soldier. And ya it looks pretty awesome! 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

How did he/she do that? Sacrifice the tube to cut it? Hmmmm

Most likely. Cut it on either end then slide it out?

28 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Most likely. Cut it on either end then slide it out?

12 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Yes I believe so. 

But that's actually a great finished product. And also the toy soldier is not that hard to get. 

5 hours ago, Captain Britain said:

Guys..

Credit to Christoph on Flickr

What modification did that take?! At this point, I'm just about prepared to try anything short of sawing off the shoulder-ball.

Edit: was having weird internet problems, saw the Flickr comments now. I'm overjoyed at that, if it's true.

Edited by N_Cat

15 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Could you not pull out her hand and slide the tube out?

Nah, the "bracelet" sections are hard plastic, roughly matching the diameter and length of standard minifig arms, while the "arm" tube is a slightly thinner, flexible rubber material.  You can slide the rubber tube through the torso, but the arm and bracelet parts are glued (or otherwise connected) together so that the bracelets work as end stops while simultaneously resembling minifig arms.  The idea is that if you pull on one hand, the arm thing will be pulled only until it looks like she has one normal arm and one long arm.

Looks like I might be buying an extra torso on BrickLink then. I probably won't bother getting the Toy Soldier arms because I don't really care about having the armband, so I'll just use regular red arms. 

42 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

Any news on the Spider Man Homecoming products? :classic:

Don't believe there is anything yet. I'm sure it'll hit here pretty fast though when something surfaces. Got to play the waiting game :sceptic:

23 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Don't believe there is anything yet. I'm sure it'll hit here pretty fast though when something surfaces. Got to play the waiting game :sceptic:

Hasbro already revealed some of their toys, they will be releasing the home-made suit, Hopefully lego as well. Ugh I'm egzoited.

1 hour ago, Captain Britain said:

Indeed mate. 

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Hasbro already revealed some of their toys, they will be releasing the home-made suit, Hopefully lego as well. Ugh I'm egzoited.

Hoping for it, that would be awesome!

2 hours ago, LegoFan117 said:

Indeed mate. 

Hoping for it, that would be awesome!

Imagine that! Molded goggles in the mask like Robin in TLBM. HAHAHA! And they already confirm that we will have two spideys in each sets. Right?

2 hours ago, kevkipo said:

So... Didn't we get any sets at Toy Fair? Wasn't Marvel present there?

Lego wasn't letting anyone who wasn't a retailer in to see them. also none of the usual fan sites like Brickset didn't get invited this year

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Imagine that! Molded goggles in the mask like Robin in TLBM. HAHAHA! And they already confirm that we will have two spideys in each sets. Right?

I think there is a Spiderman in each set, yeah. :classic:

57 minutes ago, LegoFan117 said:

I think there is a Spiderman in each set, yeah. :classic:

It's been posted, but I forgot who the person is, Also as far as I can remember the small set will consist the "Avengers" robber. And the other one will have Shocker and Vulture.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

It's been posted, but I forgot who the person is, Also as far as I can remember the small set will consist the "Avengers" robber. And the other one will have Shocker and Vulture.

Yeah I remember that! :classic:

EDIT: Ignore me, the massive picture of Kamala with regular arms just loaded XD so glad this is possible! i will likely be getting the set now.

Edited by JamPotStudios

On 25 janvier 2017 at 11:07 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Looks like I might be buying an extra torso on BrickLink then. I probably won't bother getting the Toy Soldier arms because I don't really care about having the armband, so I'll just use regular red arms. 

I saw in this review that two of this torsos seems to come with the sets...  But i can't find it and nobody else mentions it :cry_sad:

Edited by Mat099