Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

2 hours ago, Sickbricks02 said:

What is that blue piece with a clip in the Milano set? 

Not too sure.

However has no one mentioned how terrible the Abilisk looks? With all those gears exposed?

Edited by VaderFan2187

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Not too sure.

However has no one mentioned how terrible the Abilisk looks? With all those gears exposed?

People talked about it when the blurry instruction booklet pictures came out. It looks nothing like the creature in the trailer, just a pink Sarlacc from Star Wars. They either should've molded a part of it for the set or they should've made a proper-looking but still down scaled brick built one and raised the price a bit. 

Meh. Yondu's ship looks good, but the Milano and baby-Milano look almost like Juniors sets.

Not a whole lot of detail, lot of exposed studs, and too monochromatic. Don't know if the new movie Milano got a new paintjob, but if not, then the model is terrible.

Glad I got the first Milano when I did.

I think all the sets look good, and overall it seems a stronger wave than the first.  The only thing I'm disappointed with is the size of the Milano.  If anything I was hoping that this time around the ship would be even bigger.

I really like the new figs in these sets and it's interesting that you can fit 4 figures in the small Milano despite its size and how cramped they are. I'm so glad I got the previous model because it's sooooo much better than this. I do like the use of the Nexo Knights arch on the front of it paired with the printed bubble canopy though, that looks pretty good. I really expected more interior space in that Ravager "submarine-spaceship" though. The Abillisk looks fine to me but it would have been much better to get a larger creature without the geared function even if it added another $10 to the pricetag. I'm really disappointed by the complete lack of an Ego minifig or Living Planet brick build considering he's a huge part of the film. I suppose anything he'd be in might be spoiler-y so they played it safe by only making sets of scenes that were shown in the trailers. 

Btw is anyone else planning to turn the little Ravager ship into Rocket's Warbird? It's essentially the same craft so that's pretty cool.

Edited by ToaDraco

the thing baby groot is holding is switch for the bomb that rocket made.  Its in the trailer when baby groot and rocket are talking about the bomb and which button to push on the control switch.  I think the sets are interesting.  The minifigs look great.  So many great sets coming out this year so ill have to see which ones I will pick up out of these three.

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

the thing baby groot is holding is switch for the bomb that rocket made.  Its in the trailer when baby groot and rocket are talking about the bomb and which button to push on the control switch.

No. It can't be that switch because it would make no sense if switch was in two sets, and in one of the sets two switches in one set.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No. It can't be that switch because it would make no sense if switch was in two sets, and in one of the sets two switches in one set.

I think the switch is the one that Ayesha holds.

16 hours ago, Sickbricks02 said:

What is that blue piece with a clip in the Milano set? 

Does it really matter? Lego usually takes some creative liberties with Superhero sets so that thing might not even be in a movie. So it's probably nothing of importance.

I had a go of building the new Ravager ship, and decided to create Rocket Raccoon's Warbird in the same style. I added 6-stud shooters and spring missiles to replicate the Warbird's increased firepower. I can post more pictures later if anyone is interested  

img_0645.jpg

Edited by Tr0jinH0rse

1 hour ago, Tr0jinH0rse said:

I had a go of building the new Ravager ship, and decided to create Rocket Raccoon's Warbird in the same style. I added 6-stud shooters and spring missiles to replicate the Warbird's increased firepower. I can post more pictures later if anyone is interested  

Awesome buliding, you can post more!

These sets aren't terrible but they're not outstanding either. In terms of figures, yeah I guess baby groot looks cool, but they really made a mistake using grey armor suits for star lord and gamora although I blame that on the movie itself. I still think rocket looks weird standing next to other short minifigures, and Yondu's face looks so accurate even from the blurry images we have so far.

Im still kinda bummed we didn't get more Ravagers. Guess I'll have to buy some extra Yondu and Tazerface bodies to make up my own.

Any recommendation for alien heads thst aren't Star Wars?

2 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Im still kinda bummed we didn't get more Ravagers. Guess I'll have to buy some extra Yondu and Tazerface bodies to make up my own.

Any recommendation for alien heads thst aren't Star Wars?

Outside of Star Wars, there's barely any alien heads that would look good and build up a near accurate army of Ravagers

Space Police 3 had a few good, generic-ish alien heads. (The orange one from the first wave was one of my favorite.) You could also use any sort of non-flesh-colored head. The red demon-type guys from nexo-knights, for example; several CMFs (genie, snow queen, some aliens...); or the trolls, orcs, and goblins from various fantasy themes.

It's LEGO. Be creative! :D

Edited by SpiderMana

10 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Space Police 3 had a few good, generic-ish alien heads. (The orange one from the first wave was one of my favorite.) You could also use any sort of non-flesh-colored head. The red demon-type guys from nexo-knights, for example; several CMFs (genie, snow queen, some aliens...); or the trolls, orcs, and goblins from various fantasy themes.

It's LEGO. Be creative! :D

Yeah, I was looking at Nexo Knights. Ninjago has some that could work too.

Does anyone have the Ras Al Ghul desert Batman and the new Tartan Batman? How does the brown hood and cape look on the desert Batman?

Oh, yeah, I haven't kept up with Ninjago much; every once in a while I'll see a head I didn't realize existed from over there :P

And not Tartan, but when I got Catman I tried that.

Be Afraid...

I've since obtained the Cave-Bats and swapped the cape out. I do really wanna get the Tartan one, though; the dark brown might look even better.

Edited by SpiderMana

I think Yondu's ship looks like far and away the best set. The design, colors and really nice minifigure selection sell me on that one. Plus, it's not going to cost a lot. Not excited about the smallest set that much build-wise but the minifigs make it an instant buy anyways. I have the old Milano and just built it this week, so I'm not thrilled that they scaled it down just so they could use the extra parts towards a poorly designed abelisk. I'll probably just buy the minifigures separately for that one. Overall not a bad wave; I just wish they would have devoted 5 sets toward it given how huge the last movie turned out to be.

18 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:
16 hours ago, SpiderMana said:
18 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Yeah, I was looking at Nexo Knights. Ninjago has some that could work too.

Does anyone have the Ras Al Ghul desert Batman and the new Tartan Batman? How does the brown hood and cape look on the desert Batman?

16 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Oh, yeah, I haven't kept up with Ninjago much; every once in a while I'll see a head I didn't realize existed from over there :P

And not Tartan, but when I got Catman I tried that.

I've since obtained the Cave-Bats and swapped the cape out. I do really wanna get the Tartan one, though; the dark brown might look even better.

Wrong thread

Edited by LuxorV

I'm so hyped for these sets! The small one is a great set with awesome figures. Like others have said, the ship would be great for Rocket's Warbird. The sidebuild tree is a good way to get those leave parts. The middle set has an interesting ship for Yondu. I like the mohawk piece used for Yondu. I'm not sure if anyone has pointed in out, but it's cool how Yondu's arrow makes an appearance. Finally for the biggest of them all, you have a smaller, yet still a stunning Milano. I like how this set includes 4 out of the original 5 Guardians. The Abelisk is a little too bright, but it still brings out a cool part out of the set. If not all, I will definitely get one of these. 

Side question. At Toy Fair next week or the one after that where sets are displayed and pictures allowed, are licensed movie sets like this shown? Maybe by then these and Spider-Man Homecoming sets will be shown.

3 hours ago, AmericaLego said:

Side question. At Toy Fair next week or the one after that where sets are displayed and pictures allowed, are licensed movie sets like this shown? Maybe by then these and Spider-Man Homecoming sets will be shown.

Yeah, that's London Toy Fair (24 Jan-26 Jan). I don't think we will see pictures of Spider-Man: Homecoming sets on that Toy Fair. I think we will see only better pictures of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sets, side view of the builds, minifigures and things like that. MAYBE we will see pictures of Spider-Man: Homecoming sets on New York Toy Fair (18 Feb-21 Feb).

How come the freaking north-american release dates for the january marvel sets (76076-76077-76078) are still nowhere to be found?  

Edited by Mat099