Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I want to make a modification with the first milano and this new one, we do have an interesting cockpit part here! Also the milano printing/sticker. 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Still we cannot tell if it's a different variation of Baby Groot! :sceptic:

It is a different variant. He isn't wearing the Ravager outfit. 

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Edit: Is that a bit of destroyed Milano on the green part of the small set?

Looks like it to me!

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Still we cannot tell if it's a different variation of Baby Groot! :sceptic:

I think we can ...

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

From what I can see it looks like 2 different baby Groot. The middle set has him in outfit and the biggest set just normal. 

Yup, the Milano set has a naked Groot, and in the Ayesha set he is wearing a mini Ravager uniform.

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Omy , you're right! Ugh hopefully a different face print also! This looks amazing. I really love that baby groot design! 

Okay, you figured it out later in the thread!

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I hope the prices are $20, $40, and $60 because that would be perfect. I can't wait until March!!

Brickset claims the prices will be 

76079 Ravager Attack - £19.99, €24.99

76080 Ayesha's Revenge - £29.99, €34.99

76081 The Milano vs. The Abilisk - £44.99, €49.99

So in US dollars probably $25, $35, $50?

I'm surprised that Yondu has a new hairpiece, I was expecting Mr T hair in orange, but new one is cool I guess. Perfect solution would have been to include both hair for Yondu as he changes his fin halway through the movie. 

I like the smaller two sets, especially the Ayesha one. 

I think the new Milano is cool, but is it just me or did they forget to put something "must have" in it? I already have a version of Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, and a Milano (from a single set too!), I have a Nebula (original Blue color was better?), and I can get a mini Groot (in Uniform, preferred) in a smaller set that also has 2 exclusive characters. Lego usually puts something exclusive in each set but I don't know if different costumes is enough in this case. Unless I love me some Abilisk ...

Anyone else feel this way?

Also, is the smaller ship from the Ayesha set somthing for Groot to pilot? It's small enough for a drone, but it has a cockpit window. Why would they design a tiny ship for what will become a 7 foot tall plant man?

1 hour ago, Aethersprite said:

I just realized that with some modifications, Tazerface's ship could easily pass for Rocket's Warbird!

I get the feeling Rocket probably just stole a Ravager fighter.

I like the sets fine. But they'll probably wait until Argos does their 3 for 2 on toys offer.

I definitely need to pick up all of these as I missed the entire wave of gotg sets last time. I honestly love this new Milano design and I think I prefer it to the old one, even if it has nowhere near the interior that the last one had. Ayesha set is just an amazing set, and I hope the ship that Yondu's driving has some sort of interior.

^Yeah, I hope it has a good interior as well. If it's tall enough, I bet it could fit like 3 figures as well as 1 in the cockpit! And I really want to see close ups of the two Groots and the interior of the Milano. 

My biggest disappointment is the fact that Starlord in Ayesha's Revenge is really similar to 2014 Starlord(from smallest set), but at least Milano version is in different suit.

6 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

^Yeah, I hope it has a good interior as well. If it's tall enough, I bet it could fit like 3 figures as well as 1 in the cockpit! And I really want to see close ups of the two Groots and the interior of the Milano. 

Same here, but as I take a look at the pics it has the same chair design with the old milano. two each infront of each other and the one for pilot. 

Really love to get the cockpit design here, and transfer it to the old Milano, that would be alot better. 

1 hour ago, allstyles said:

i really do not get what everybody likes in these sets,...    

minifigures are good,...  

ravager airplane is ugly,.. even ugly star wars aircrafts are mostly better

the second is like a submarine,..  (for me nothin special

i have the first milano,..  and this one just does not cut it for me...

i love the guardians,,..  but these sets are a bit disappointing for me.. :pir-cry_sad:

Yea sets look meh, but will buy them anyway for figs.. And since I have everything else from the first wave + the 2 comic con exclusives I will display them anyway, but it's a shame they are not more 'display worthy'. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Definitely not for Nebula. She was dark blue in the first movie and she's the same in this one.

5464c2b3c4e817d89cd96ef9934954db.jpg

Not really. She's pretty much light blue with a periwinkle stripe down the middle. Yondu is pretty much the same color. I think the problem with Nebula is that she was always inside, which made her look darker. If you look at her hand in this picture, it looks basically spot on to the lego color. 

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Yondu.jpg

1 hour ago, Ultron said:

Not really. She's pretty much light blue with a periwinkle stripe down the middle. Yondu is pretty much the same color. I think the problem with Nebula is that she was always inside, which made her look darker. If you look at her hand in this picture, it looks basically spot on to the lego color. 

Oh, didn't notice how light she actually is. For now I still prefer the dark blue but I'll have to see the new figure up close or in hand to really decide. I'm interested to see how Yondu's fin piece works. 

3 hours ago, linnormlord said:

I think the new Milano is cool, but is it just me or did they forget to put something "must have" in it? I already have a version of Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, and a Milano (from a single set too!), I have a Nebula (original Blue color was better?), and I can get a mini Groot (in Uniform, preferred) in a smaller set that also has 2 exclusive characters. Lego usually puts something exclusive in each set but I don't know if different costumes is enough in this case. Unless I love me some Abilisk ...

Anyone else feel this way?

Gotta agree here. Its just updated versions of the last wave, + Baby Groot and Abilisk. This set could have been entirely Abilisk with a small build of platform, but, nothin we can do

Also I keep looking at the new photo of the Ayesha box, and I still see Rockets head in those bricks. I mean obviously he's not in the set, but I just can't stop seeing his head when i look at it

Not sure what I currently think of Yondu or Nebula, but I'm rather annoyed that Gamora has the power armour thing, meaning we don't have a normal version of her (like how each time we have regular Star Lord, then Star Lord in matching uniform). Really makes me pointlessly wish for another set with Gamora and Ego :hmpf_bad:

I've been looking at Ayesha's Revenge set and I can't see if Starlord has leg print, but he clearly has leg print on Milano set. Has anyone noticed leg print in Ayesha set? If no is it possible that he only has that print in biggest set and smaller set basically having inferior version of Starlord?

4 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

I like the sets fine. But they'll probably wait until Argos does their 3 for 2 on toys offer.

When will Argos do their 3 for 2 offer? :)

I am excited for these sets after seeing the higher-quality photos! Each set looks awesome, with well thought out details and cool designs.

Ayesha's Revenge has to be my favourite - that ship design just sits well with me!

Guardians Vol. 2 Sets Interesting Things

Just a couple of things I picked up on while analyzing the new sets:

- The middle set contains mining pods similar to those from Knowhere in the last movie, a point spoken to further because of the "TIVAN" corporation symbol.
- Also, the Baby Groot in the Milano is different than the one in the middle set shown. The middle set has the more superior one in my opinion in the clean Ravagers suit while it appears that the one in the Milano has some green leaf printing or whatnot. 

All of the Guardians sets look like a fun time. I hope to try and get them all. Since I didn't own the original Milano, I am happy to acquire the new one.