Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

4 hours ago, N_Cat said:

Am I correct in presuming that even if you removed Kamala's weird noodle arms, you couldn't install regular arms because the torso's socket is the wrong shape? Or is there some tiny chance that the Lego designers were kind to us and gave the new torso piece both functionalities?

This whole thing is making me very tempted to break my aversion to knockoff figures.

N_Cat...do it...it will open up so many possibilities. There is no way Lego will ever make a Punisher. And Dagger and Black Cat's outfits are to risque to be minifigs.

I used to have an aversion to knockoffs. But i had a greater aversion: That abomination of a brick-built figure they called "the Rhino".

Plus you'll never finish the X-Men without customs. Happy hunting!

2 hours ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

N_Cat...do it...it will open up so many possibilities. There is no way Lego will ever make a Punisher. And Dagger and Black Cat's outfits are to risque to be minifigs.

I used to have an aversion to knockoffs. But i had a greater aversion: That abomination of a brick-built figure they called "the Rhino".

Plus you'll never finish the X-Men without customs. Happy hunting!

Lego's constantly breaking our expectations. We got Scarlet Spider and Ghost Rider last year. The Batman Movie sets are getting a character who's only noteworthy action is sexually assaulting Dick Grayson. Punisher is a cool-looking guy with a gun, we'll be getting him sooner than later for certain. Dagger doesn't seem to out there anymore, either, thanks to a number of Ultimate Spider-Man appearances and a TV show on the way, although her torso print will probably exclude the boob windows. Black Cat is a major Spider-Man villain, so while she may feature less cleavage she's bound to come. The X-Men clearly aren't dead in terms of sets, and even if they were now, they could only keep them down for so long. 

tl;dr: There's really no call for giving up hope on anybody. If you don't like a design we've already had or are desperate for a character right now, go right ahead, but clearly no one is off the table. 

22 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Lego's constantly breaking our expectations. We got Scarlet Spider and Ghost Rider last year. The Batman Movie sets are getting a character who's only noteworthy action is sexually assaulting Dick Grayson. Punisher is a cool-looking guy with a gun, we'll be getting him sooner than later for certain. Dagger doesn't seem to out there anymore, either, thanks to a number of Ultimate Spider-Man appearances and a TV show on the way, although her torso print will probably exclude the boob windows. Black Cat is a major Spider-Man villain, so while she may feature less cleavage she's bound to come. The X-Men clearly aren't dead in terms of sets, and even if they were now, they could only keep them down for so long. 

tl;dr: There's really no call for giving up hope on anybody. If you don't like a design we've already had or are desperate for a character right now, go right ahead, but clearly no one is off the table. 

so do you think we'll ever get FF?

Wow, the Ms. marvel set has 160 pieces which means it is $20... I may have to pick it up now. I thought it was $30 at first like the Black panther set. That set was worth it for $30, this one would not be. :grin: Anyway, this is great news for me. :thumbup:

Now the Detroit Steel for $40... eh, not too keen on that. Hulk buster for $30? Absolutely! But this for $40, not too sure. Definitely want Lola and Coulson (and Iron Man to a lesser extent) but not worth it at full price. :sceptic:

Edited by Legocity2713

4 hours ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

so do you think we'll ever get FF?

Not until Marvel gets movie rights back from Fox! So no FF sets in foreseeable future.

6 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Not until Marvel gets movie rights back from Fox! So no FF sets in foreseeable future.

The problem here is that FOX does not own the film rights to FF... So even if they want to "give" them back, they cannot! :P

21 minutes ago, raminator said:

The problem here is that FOX does not own the film rights to FF... So even if they want to "give" them back, they cannot! :P

Actually they DO own the film rights to Fantastic Four, Marvel owns the comics and toys, it's Marvel's choice to not promote the F4

3 hours ago, raminator said:

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Actually they DO own the film rights to Fantastic Four, Marvel owns the comics and toys, it's Marvel's choice to not promote the F4

This is a useful reference:

marvel-rights-1334x1067.0.jpeg

3 hours ago, agoodfella77 said:

This is a useful reference:

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Guys, if you notice, raminator capitalized the word Fox for emphasis; that's because Fox DOESN'T own F4 OR have the F4 film rights.  The rights are technically (this is a technicality to trump all other technicalities) at the German company Constantin Film Produktion, who got them from Marvel.  They merely allow Fox to make their F4 movies for them. So even if Fox said, "nah, we're done. This franchise blows. Marvel deserves it back," Constantin could take their rights to Universal and have them make a Fant4stic 2 sequel.

But this is probably not the place for said discussion.

34 minutes ago, N_Cat said:

Guys, if you notice, raminator capitalized the word Fox for emphasis; that's because Fox DOESN'T own F4 OR have the F4 film rights.  The rights are technically (this is a technicality to trump all other technicalities) at the German company Constantin Film Produktion, who got them from Marvel.  They merely allow Fox to make their F4 movies for them. So even if Fox said, "nah, we're done. This franchise blows. Marvel deserves it back," Constantin could take their rights to Universal and have them make a Fant4stic 2 sequel.

;)

4 hours ago, N_Cat said:

good info, N_Cat!

I never heard of this before. Thanks!

On 11/30/2016 at 11:45 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's $40, I believe. 

Thanks for the info. That's ridiculous - I'd expect it to be $30. And to think that you can get the Y-Wing for $60. Lego knows that between Thrawn and blind Kanan, the Phantom is gonna sell like hotcakes nonetheless. What a ripoff!

On 11/30/2016 at 11:45 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's $40, I believe. 

Yipes. Alright, thanks! I'll probably get the set and try to sell off Detroit Steel.

I can't edit my previous post for some reason - ignore first comment. I realized I posted in the wrong thread, oops.

Wow, those close-up pics look amazing! Too bad Red Hulk didn't get toe printing in the end, because the feet do look kinda weird. I think I'll be able to overlook that for the fact that we finally got the Red Hulk figure, though.

Also, Iron Man looks amazing, and I'll be glad to add it to my collection. I like this version, but I sure hope they don't phase out the old helmets.

Yeah like I said before, I really like the new helmet mold! The new Iron Man looks great and the helmet is a breath of fresh air for the figure. The old one was good, but horribly over-used. I'm sure we'll see it again though.