Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

34 minutes ago, PriorMarcus said:

Both ends of the arm are thicker at the end to stop it sliding through all the way. if you look at the gold printed end of the arm you can see the increase in size. the opposite end is the same.

Yeah, but maybe you can get these off, right? Otherwise it is rather silly isn't it?

I wouldn't expect one to be able to remove Ms. Marvel's "arms" from her torso, unfortunately. Lego considers the torso + arms+ hands to one single piece, and as such they would not (or could not) included extra (normal) arms to replace them with. More importantly, her arms appear to be one single Lego pneumatic tube fitted between a specialized torso. The ends of the arms are thicker so they do not slip out entirely, but can still be slid across to make one arm "normal" and the other long; or varying degrees of length (as shown on the box art).

Incidentally, if they are pneumatic tubes as they appear to be, then that would mean they are not pose-able, as they would be in fact too flexible. :look:    

9 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

71d-ozBKyqL._SL1000_.jpg

Is Justin Hammer using the Detroit Steel armor to, TOUCH LOLA????

He is dead, so dead. Coulson is going to use his robot hand to crush Justin Hammer's lungs because he touched Lola... :tongue:

Anyways, I am so excited for this set. It looks very solid, and I kind of like how the large mech looks like an enemy to go up against the Hulkbuster from 2015. The Captain America set has some great minifigures, especially Captain's new jacket and Kamala; but the jet looks lame. Still I will probably be buying both!

34 minutes ago, Collector said:

Too bad I don't really see it happening unless Marvel gets the movie rights back.

It's possible. Punisher, Daredevil, Spidey, and Howard the Duck have all made the jump, and I think Fox is well and truly done making FF films.

1 minute ago, Delta Customs said:

Dunno if it's been said, but 2 Thor Ragnarok sets and 3 Spider-Man Homecoming sets due for release sometime this Summer.

2 THOR: RAGNAROK SETS??? GOD BLESS LEGO!! 

Sorry for getting so excited, but I never imagined there would be TWO and had resigned myself to losing out on some main characters. 

15 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

2 THOR: RAGNAROK SETS??? GOD BLESS LEGO!! 

Sorry for getting so excited, but I never imagined there would be TWO and had resigned myself to losing out on some main characters. 

Main characters galore my dude. We got a lot of new ones and some updates of old ones. One phrase to sum it up? Gladiators sure are cool.

So Detroit Steel looks way, way better than I was expecting. Excited for both the builds in there. Also, putting the Super Adaptoid helmet on the Space Iron Man body from this year gets you like 90% of the way to a Superior Iron Man figure.

Still a lot of questions about the Ms. Marvel arms. I'm happy they tried something different for her (and just super excited to get an official Khamala fig in the first place!) but will be real curious to see some hands on how poseable those things actually are. Right now, if they're like how I think they are, gonna be great for kids to play with, but a nightmare to pose if you just want to display.

Dunno how well super blasters work, but they don't seem to be building sets around that as a play feature, so it's already way better than Super Jumpers in my book.

Also, excited about the prospects 2 Ragnarok sets bring. Surprised at 2 though, I sorta assume they either round up to 3 or just keep it at 1. Can't think of any other two-set lines before...

3 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Main characters galore my dude. We got a lot of new ones and some updates of old ones. One phrase to sum it up? Gladiators sure are cool.

Yes!! Hulk in gladiator form! Thanks for the info! I hope Skurge is in there too!

16 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

OH MY GOD YOU ARE MY NEW FAVORITE NEWS PERSON! I am so pumped for the Thor sets!! Can you confirm Hela or would that be too much of a leak? 

32 minutes ago, Delta Customs said:

Except when they drive up prices, that is. I just hope for a  cheap one with Thor to get my second-favorite Avenger. Any idea of that sort of set, nudge wink?

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

OH MY GOD YOU ARE MY NEW FAVORITE NEWS PERSON! I am so pumped for the Thor sets!! Can you confirm Hela or would that be too much of a leak? 

Just wait on it. :wink:

3 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

This is awesome news.  I was expecting there being only 1, if any.  My figures hopes are a new Thor, Hela, Skurge, Hulk (obviously), and Grandmaster (I feel like this is a stretch).

Really excited for Gladiator Hulk! I wonder if it will be a new molded bigfig or separate armor elements that attach to a new frame. Either way, looking forward to it!

2 Thor Ragnarok sets?! Didn't expect more than 1. And 3 Spiderman sets pretty much mean no comic based sets in summer wave. Ok then more movie version of the characters it is!

Little late to the conversation but both sets look pretty cool. The jet is fine. Cap would've looked better with jeans or something in my opinion, the blue pants just don't fit well. Ms. Marvel looks awesome! I can't wait to better understand her arm piece. Seems like Super Adaptoid was just thrown in to use the iron man helmet and the new power blast piece (which looks cool). Detroit Steel's mech is kinda weird but its cool that we're getting a variety of villains. Also we finally get Coulson and Lola! I've been waiting so long for them as I'm a big fan of AoS. Invincible Iron Man is also pretty cool, I hope we get more AN-AD characters in the future. I'll probably end up picking up both of these sets day 1. 

20 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

Dude... You are EPIC! THANK YOU! Any word if they are big or small? Skurge or no? Maybe a giant Fiery monster? Thor new hair mold? Valkyrie is basically a given...

So in the world of the DC 2017 thread, our amazing friend Delta said that today he would be releasing Wonder Woman set info, then MCU the day after so... Guardians info tomorrow???? :moar:

Thoughts on the sets:

Not exactly a fan of the Cap set. Eager to get Kamala and the Adaptoid, but really dislike pilot Cap. Wish they would include different costume variants going through comics/movies (ie First Avenger, the suit from beginning of Winter Soldier)

However love the Lola v Steel set. Looks better than I imagined after seeing the prelim and Detroit Steel's minifigure looks a lot better than imagined. Love the ANAD Iron Man as I'm a big fan of the new comics, just wish they would change up the Tony head. Whilst I like Coulson also, the sunglasses-less face just makes him look... Evil. Might switch it out, but the glasses head would be useful in so many figures

@Delta Customs Please, tell me. Are you going upload some info on GOTG2 sets and Spider-Man: Homecoming?

I say that because you uploaded on Instagram info on the Lego Batman Movie and Wonder Woman summer sets :wink: