Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

I love these sets, the power blast is an interesting new piece. I like the adaptoid more than I thought I would, Coulson's head is a bit off for me, I'm glad to see Detrot Steel has a mask.

The Ms. Marvel is interesting and I'm sure how I feel about the arms yet.

17 minutes ago, PriorMarcus said:

It's one long tube, you can pull it through her body on either side to make one arm longer or shorter than the other. 

The hand piece just clips over the normal hand.

And the hand fits in an arm piece (red and gold) that'll fit the arm sockets in the torso? But will it stay tight in the torso or fit loosely. If tight, we have a new straight arm piece, or am i wrong here?

If i can use them as straight arms i need more of these (imagine how comic falcon will improve with these red straight arms)

Edited by Borex
Something about falcon

I like the new, non movie iron peoples mask. 

Wish the hulks would get some alter egos. Bruce, Betty, and General Ross all deserve it, and she hulk in a business suit would be fun.

The Red she hulk and a-bomb "every supporting character must become super powered and specifically a hulk" thing is dreadfully dumb.

Spider man needs a Gwen, Peter, Norman and then should let other characters with truly iconic non-costumed supporting casts have a turn - Superman needs a Jimmy and (iconic, non-man of steel) Lois. Batman's due for a new (non Lego movie) Alfred and Jim Gordon.

And jeeyuzis, that Ms marvel is gonna be some damageable. Those arms are asking for stress marks and kinks. 

Iron Man's mask used 3 times between 2 sets...

Anyways, that jet is super average, as is that Cap. Ms. Marvel is pretty interesting. Though I think her right arm should have had some printing too, as her sleeves don't go all the way down to her hands (at least in the pictures I'm seeing). Hopefully they included a regular torso too, or will somewhere down the line.

This is a good innovation, but all I can think is that Lego has to do a Fantastic Four set now. It's almost teasing not to at this point.

Edited by strangely

Just now, strangely said:

Iron Man's mask used 3 times between 2 sets...

Anyways, that jet is super average, as is that Cap. Ms. Marvel is pretty interesting. Though I think her right arm should have had some printing too, as her sleeves don't go all the way down to her hands (at least in the pictures I'm seeing). Hopefully they included a regular torso too, or will somewhere down the line.

This is a good innovation, but all I can think is that Lego has to do a Fantastic Four set now. It's almost teasing not to at this point.

It's actually 4 time between 3 sets, Mighty micro, ANAD Iron Man, Detriot Steel, and the Adaptoid. I'm hoping we get FF sets eventually, Galactus is the only villain from my top 5 favorites that we don't have.

Finally the new set photos have arrived! First off the Cap set is very eh. I understand why it is the way it is for kids, but I won't be picking it up. The Ultron mold would have been a great reuse of that piece for Cap, but oh well. The Iron Man set looks great! Love all the minifgures and very happy they made the pilot Justin Hammer! Great to get him in minifigure form! Plus new the power blast molds seem interesting.

Two Words...

POWER BLAST! 

The Detroit Steel set is quite good. I like the uniqueness of all three minifigures and LOLA is pretty decent. 

I'm on the fence about the other two sets though. 

On 16/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, Duncan Young said:

how will these power blast things work, do we think they're going to act as a spring from the hands, in which case is over-use going to ruin minifig hands (in the same way people complained about the super jumpers?)

Edited by BritishBrickFan
no idea why it won't allow me to delete the erroneous quote box!

Ms. Marvel's arms shouldn't get any stress marks or dinks on them because they aren't like flex tubes I don't think - they have ridges like Lego's hose pieces. Am I the only one who sees those ridges? 

30 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

The Ultron mold would have been a great reuse of that piece for Cap

Not at all, it's all weirdly angled     and worse the whole nose area makes it completely unusable for cap.

I don't usually buy Marvel, but that Iron Man set looks sick!

As soon as I saw the robot I thought LEGO was making Gundam sets. :laugh:

49 minutes ago, deskp said:

Not at all, it's all weirdly angled     and worse the whole nose area makes it completely unusable for cap.

I guess I didn't think about the nose region of the helmet mold. I was thinking it looked similar to the Flash helmet, but in a hard plastic. Don't have them both in front of me at the moment.

I'm liking the look of both these sets! Iron Man is :wub: for me (can't knock a new Iron Man) and I like the look of Super Adaptoid and Detroit Steel/Justin Hammer too!

I might be in the minority with these 2 but I'm not feeling Kamala Khans arms (or the one on the box where it's out sideways!) and I quite like the new Cap :blush:.

I love how people debated for ages whether it would be Steve Rogers or someone else as the Cap in this set, only for Lego to write his name on the side of the jet to settle the issue! I just hope you can attach regular arms to Kamala.

21 minutes ago, Felkin said:

I love how people debated for ages whether it would be Steve Rogers or someone else as the Cap in this set, only for Lego to write his name on the side of the jet to settle the issue! I just hope you can attach regular arms to Kamala.

You'd have to cut the existing arm to remove them. 

34 minutes ago, Felkin said:

It's a Sam Wilson figure that's just kept out of the sun for a long time.

Can I say it's about FRIKKIN' TIME for these images?

Anyway, the two cheaper set's minifigs make both of them must-buys (Coulson? Adaptoid? Super-stretchy arms? Yes please). Let's hope this "Power-blast" gimmick goes over better than that super-jump fiasco.

Finally, between these arms and Ghost Riders fire-head, I think LEGO's foreshadowing something I would like very much indeed...

21 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:
21 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Finally, between these arms and Ghost Riders fire-head, I think LEGO's foreshadowing something I would like very much indeed...

Super-Skrull?

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Just noticed Cap's shield is dark red again instead of bright red! Or has it always looked darker on pictures?

It's the bright red, pictures make things look different. I don't think we'll ever see the dark red shield come back :(

53 minutes ago, PriorMarcus said:

You'd have to cut the existing arm to remove them. 

You just have to take off her wrist pieces and then you'll take out the arm tube and then you have a regular torso (that's how i think it'll work). 

9 minutes ago, Battlinpanther said:

Super-Skrull?

Well you could use them for that, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Fantastic 4 (Ghost Rider head for Human torch, and arms for Mr. Fantastic). Too bad I don't really see it happening unless Marvel gets the movie rights back.

1 minute ago, Collector said:

Well you could use them for that, but I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Fantastic 4 (Ghost Rider head for Human torch, and arms for Mr. Fantastic). Too bad I don't really see it happening unless Marvel gets the movie rights back.

I mean the power blast pieces would work phenomenally with humans torch, but we have no info if we'll ever get the fantastic four. 

13 minutes ago, Borex said:

You just have to take off her wrist pieces and then you'll take out the arm tube and then you have a regular torso (that's how i think it'll work). 

Both ends of the arm are thicker at the end to stop it sliding through all the way. if you look at the gold printed end of the arm you can see the increase in size. the opposite end is the same.