Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Okay, I know we're getting at least two Homecoming sets. I assumed a third because of the Brickset listing but there you have it.

20 minutes ago, just2good said:

Okay, I know we're getting at least two Homecoming sets. I assumed a third because of the Brickset listing but there you have it.

You're the best! Do you know the contents or atleast the size of those sets? Sorry for asking too much. Thanks for the info.

8 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Any news on Marvel getting 2 MM like DC is getting? 

?? Are you referring to the summer Mighty Micros?

Those don't exist, if you're referring to my summary comment I was talking about 2017 in general, first half and 2nd half combined 

Just now, CM4Sci said:

?? Are you referring to the summer Mighty Micros?

Those don't exist, if you're referring to my summary comment I was talking about 2017 in general, first half and 2nd half combined 

Ohhh ok. Thanks for clarifying! 

If the Lola rumour is true, what are Iron Man and Detroit Steel doing in an Agents of SHIELD set?

That seems pretty stupid to me. Can't we have Quake, May, Fitz, Simmons, Mack and Grant Ward alongside Coulson instead? 

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

1 minute ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If the Lola rumour is true, what are Iron Man and Detroit Steel doing in an Agents of SHIELD set?

That seems pretty stupid to me. Can't we have Quake, May, Fitz, Simmons, Mack and Grant Ward alongside Coulson instead? 

It is true, and remember Coulson made his first ever Marvel appearance in Iron Man, its not an AoS set, its an Iron Man set

25 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It is true, and remember Coulson made his first ever Marvel appearance in Iron Man, its not an AoS set, its an Iron Man set

Moot point. Lola first appeared in Agents of SHIELD and Detroit Steel isn't even a part of the MCU. This set is clearly based on Agents of SHIELD, yet Iron Man and DS are included over actual characters from the show like Quake, May, Fitz, Simmons etc. In fact, the only character actually from Agents of SHIELD is Coulson! 

23 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Moot point. Lola first appeared in Agents of SHIELD and Detroit Steel isn't even a part of the MCU. This set is clearly based on Agents of SHIELD, yet Iron Man and DS are included over actual characters from the show like Quake, May, Fitz, Simmons etc. In fact, the only character actually from Agents of SHIELD is Coulson! 

While LOLA first appeared in AoS, Marvel comics and SHIELD have had flying cars since the mid 60s. See the Ultimate Spidey set with Venom and Fury. They simply chose LOLA to give Coulson a role to do. As for Detroit Steel? He's a mech. Kids love mechs. Do you really think they'd be more interested in some of the AoS villains? Iron Man too. He's a big seller with kids hence his inclusion

Edited by Duncan Young

9 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

While LOLA first appeared in AoS, Marvel comics and SHIELD have had flying cars since the mid 60s. See the Ultimate Spidey set with Venom and Fury. They simply chose LOLA to give Coulson a role to do. As for Detroit Steel? He's a mech. Kids love mechs. Do you really think they'd be more interested in some of the AoS villains? Iron Man too. He's a big seller with kids hence his inclusion

On point, not an AoS set or MCU, more on comic based set.

4 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I for one think they would if they watch Agents of SHIELD and expect to see something that resembles the show.

1 minute ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I for one think they would if they watch Agents of SHIELD and expect to see something that resembles the show.

But it's not based on AoS it's based on the comics. They knew there's demand for Coulson because he's been in multiple MCU film and Ultimate Spider-Man. People have been campaigning for him for years and decided to add him. Lola's also there to increase the piece and price count

3 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

But it's not based on AoS it's based on the comics. They knew there's demand for Coulson because he's been in multiple MCU film and Ultimate Spider-Man. People have been campaigning for him for years and decided to add him. Lola's also there to increase the piece and price count

Why would they base it on the Agents of SHIELD comics when the show is more popular? 

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Why would they base it on the Agents of SHIELD comics when the show is more popular? 

Marvel Comics as a whole not the AoS comics

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

It's a LEGO SUPER HEROES set.

Precisely. Not Lego MCU or Lego Marvel Comics or Lego AoS. Lego Superheroes.

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

It's a LEGO SUPER HEROES set.

Exactly. Personally, I don't care what it is or isn't based on.

It has a cool vehicle, two cool characters and, in my opinion, one less-than-interesting mech.

Like a lot of people, I've been waiting for a Coulson minifig for a long time and the new Iron Man armor sounds great as well.

Lola seems like a great addition to me and I'd be satisfied if it looked like the green S.H.I.E.L.D flying car from the USM set, only in red.

Regards,

Mitch

It is branded as a generic Avengers set. It is not Agents of Shield, it is not MCU, please stop all of this. 

And they did Coulson under the general Marvel Heroes banner for a reason. There probably isn't much of a rush to actually get the license to the show, so this was a nice compromise.