Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Been out of the loop for a while, saw what Ice Fox said and was wondering what we knew about the minifigure lineups of the Detroit Steel set and the Captain America jet one.

Been out of the loop for a while, saw what Ice Fox said and was wondering what we knew about the minifigure lineups of the Detroit Steel set and the Captain America jet one.

2 hours ago, Ice Fox said:

Ok, was just irritated that he is holding the shield. I thought it woul'd be Falcon as the successor of Cap when he died in the comics.

Falcon didn't become Cap cos Steve died, he just lost the super soldier serum and turned into Clint Eastwood.

12 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

Falcon didn't become Cap cos Steve died, he just lost the super soldier serum and turned into Clint Eastwood.

Sorry I'm not really a big Marvel expert :wacko:

16 hours ago, Minecraft Architect said:

There's a (sorta) pic of the Detroit Steel set if you know where to look. If I'm not mistaken, Iron Man, Detroit Steel, and Coulson.

Edited by BrickHat

14 hours ago, Ice Fox said:

Sorry I'm not really a big Marvel expert :wacko:

No harm, no foul. Bucky was Cap when he died, Falcon was cap when he got oooooooold.

I've got to say I'm not really impressed with these sets as far as builds. I like the figures but it seems like i'll be improving some builds while not even using others. I feel liks the winter waves are never that great for Marvel.

7 hours ago, Marvel_Geek8 said:

I've got to say I'm not really impressed with these sets as far as builds. I like the figures but it seems like i'll be improving some builds while not even using others. I feel liks the winter waves are never that great for Marvel.

Usually the builds aren't great for Super Heroes. Mostly they serve as accessories to the incredible figures that come in the set. Which is both great and a shame at the same time...

I guess I just feel spoiled from this last Spidey wave. There were some great figures AND great builds. Oh well. I'm still waiting for the final images of Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, and Cap to determine if I'm getting anything at all from the Marvel line this coming wave.

7 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

I guess I just feel spoiled from this last Spidey wave. There were some great figures AND great builds. Oh well. I'm still waiting for the final images of Ms. Marvel, Iron Man, and Cap to determine if I'm getting anything at all from the Marvel line this coming wave.

Spoiled? That's the way it should be, I don't blame you. :tongue:

Edited by BrickHat

On 9/27/2016 at 7:06 PM, The Lego Nolan said:

Her alter ego appeared once, but Red SheHulk never did appear. 

Seriously? I could've swore that I saw a clip or something with her in it. That's such a weird place to draw the line for that show in terms of Hulk characters. Sorry about that!

I think the problem with including Crimson Dynamo instead is that the whole set would be pretty monochromatic at that point. Red Iron Man, red Lola, Crimson Dynamo, just too much red. Not great from an aesthetic standpoint, which is not great from a marketing standpoint.

On 10/1/2016 at 8:49 PM, BrickHat said:

Spoiled? That's the way it should be, I don't blame you. :tongue:

I guess I feel spoiled too, I was super excited for the potential these sets had. My plan now is to get  the Lego Batman movies sets first besides the Coulson set, and i love marvel.

On 10/1/2016 at 8:41 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

I'm reserving final judgement until we see final images, but I didn't think the builds looked that bad for the Lola set? I mean, I never need another Lego jet (already got my Blackbird, thanks) and the Hulk cars are clearly aimed squarely at kids, but a Hulkbuster-y villain and finally getting Lola seems pretty good to me. At the very least, there's nothing immediately objectionable in this wave like the Spider-Tryke, or Spider-buggy, or Spider-Copter.

...granted my critical faculties are maybe a bit compromised by how excited I am to be getting Ms. Marvel.

On 9/28/2016 at 2:19 PM, CM4Sci said:

It's been made abundantly clear the winged figure is Super Adaptoid while the person in the jet is Cap who will get a printed head as usual.

Also, meant to say this in the replies over at The Other Leaking Site Which Will Not Be Named where you said you were getting annoyed at people being megablocks to you for not leaking fast enough but... well, I forgot my password for over there. So doing it here instead: thanks for posting all that stuff. Sorry people were being megablocks to you, but I at least appreciated it.

18 hours ago, Im_the_Juggernaut_Bricks said:

In addition to Kamala Khan having elongated arms it looks like she has a giant fist. Could be interesting.

I imagine they're the same ones from the Freeze sets in a different color. Love all these sets, but the jet looks bad. The wings aren't solid enough for my tastes.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So are There going to be Spider-Man: Homecoming???

I believe the only sets confirmed so far are the 3 January sets (plus 3 Mighty Micros) and then 3 sets for Guardians for the Galaxy 2 in March.

I don't think we know much, if anything, about the Guardians sets yet.

Edited by Dr Axels

59 minutes ago, paulsp2012 said:

Hey guys any Idea what wave the Guardians of the Galaxy sets going to be released? Also hoping for some pics soon.

Look at the post above you. GotG2 sets are being released in March with the BrickHeadz. I wouldn't expect leaked pictures until end of December/January because that's when CW sets pics leaked. 

29 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Look at the post above you. GotG2 sets are being released in March with the BrickHeadz. I wouldn't expect leaked pictures until end of December/January because that's when CW sets pics leaked. 

my bad. Thanks for clarifying though! I'm already planning on gettin all 3 lol

An interesting bit of news is that Ultimate Spider-man is ending and Marvel instead is making a new Spider-man animated series called simply: Marvel's Spider-man! It debuts sometime in 2017, although this makes me wonder if we'll get any last USM sets in the summer 2017 wave or if they'll switch to sets for the new show? Or maybe no spidey sets at all? I guess it's also possible that they could keep making USM sets even after the show is over. We have had a few Clone Wars sets after the show ended. 

8 minutes ago, Ultron said:

An interesting bit of news is that Ultimate Spider-man is ending and Marvel instead is making a new Spider-man animated series called simply: Marvel's Spider-man! It debuts sometime in 2017, although this makes me wonder if we'll get any last USM sets in the summer 2017 wave or if they'll switch to sets for the new show? Or maybe no spidey sets at all? I guess it's also possible that they could keep making USM sets even after the show is over. We have had a few Clone Wars sets after the show ended. 

Interesting to hear. I doubt there will be many this coming wave considering how many there were last wave. I would like to see some Marvel Netflix series get some sets of their own IE Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I would kill for a Killgrave minifig.

8 minutes ago, Ultron said:

They stopped making Ultimate Spider Man sets last year. It's all really just been based off comics now. My only hope is that Homecoming means we'll still have a shot at a potential Mysterio or Spider Gwen in summer

1 minute ago, paulsp2012 said:

Interesting to hear. I doubt there will be many this coming wave considering how many there were last wave. I would like to see some Marvel Netflix series get some sets of their own IE Daredevil and Jessica Jones. I would kill for a Killgrave minifig.

Unfortunately unlikely due to their dark tones. They're like PG18 I think

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

They stopped making Ultimate Spider Man sets last year. It's all really just been based off comics now. My only hope is that Homecoming means we'll still have a shot at a potential Mysterio or Spider Gwen in summer

Unfortunately unlikely due to their dark tones. They're like PG18 I think

True. I think its unfortunate that Lego doesn't take into consideration the mass amount of AFOLs out there. I think if they got more mature licenses like Game of Thrones they would sell like hotcakes.

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well, yes and no. They may have stopped running them under the name "ultimate" Spider-man, but they're still influenced by the show. This last season, I believe, was Web-Warriors, which is what the bridge battle is of. White Tiger is also in the Doc-Ock set. The designs are definitely more comic based, but the show influence is there. 

58 minutes ago, Ultron said:

Well, yes and no. They may have stopped running them under the name "ultimate" Spider-man, but they're still influenced by the show. This last season, I believe, was Web-Warriors, which is what the bridge battle is of. White Tiger is also in the Doc-Ock set. The designs are definitely more comic based, but the show influence is there. 

True... I'd cut it to 50/50, inspirations from both