Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Iiiinteresting. Super interested in this, and how it all connects. I would've suspected the flex tubes pieces are too rubbery to go into the torso.

Did it look like her legs were regular legs, or possibility of the long Woody legs?

They're just normal legs.

What color were her arms, and what color the bracers? I'd like to start looking for regular, rigid replacements with good-enough printing for her bracers.

Maybe they are going to reuse the Nexo Knigths scurriers body (with a mask) for baby groot?

Edited by Robert8

It's dark blue with a tan face. Uses NXK helmet. Unfinished.

Actually yeah it looked sort of similar. It's got two fins on the back and disc shooters on the wings.

Random black lines, nothing important or final.

Oh, and 3 GotG sets as reported. Baby Groot included! :laugh:

So no dome piece as helmet for Detriot Steel? Also does he have his chainsaw?

Edited by Invincible_LEGOMAN

I'd like to know this as well. Does Detroit Steel have the same head and chest build as Hulkbuster?

In regards to the Spiderman: Homecoming sets its almost guaranteed that we get one to two sets, Spiderman is Marvels Batman hes there most iconic character, also with the villains (Shocker, TInkerer, and Vulture) Its known that the 3 villains will be working together so (tinkerer giving the other two tech upgrades) its can be expected to get all of the villains in sets, Also with baby groot i would expect them to make a new mold from a customizers point of view and would hate if they used the baby mold because it would be very inaccurate and look weird

Actually yeah it looked sort of similar. It's got two fins on the back and disc shooters on the wings.

Baby Groot! Thanks for all of these great details. Can't wait.

In regards to the Spiderman: Homecoming sets its almost guaranteed that we get one to two sets, Spiderman is Marvels Batman hes there most iconic character, also with the villains (Shocker, TInkerer, and Vulture) Its known that the 3 villains will be working together so (tinkerer giving the other two tech upgrades) its can be expected to get all of the villains in sets, Also with baby groot i would expect them to make a new mold from a customizers point of view and would hate if they used the baby mold because it would be very inaccurate and look weird

Kay massive spoilers for those who don't want to know the plot of Homecoming....

And Baby Groot sounds super exciting looking forward to hopefully seeing a new mold!

Edited by Ashnflash

As for Mr. Fantastic, I really don't think it has anything to do with securing the license. They have access to Marvel's entire character catalogue. They just....haven't. Cuz they're evil, I guess?

Well... to be fair, for their target demographic the Fantastic Four must be pretty obscure. The closest thing they've had to mainstream exposure in a decade was last year's horrible bomb of a film (which was noticeably also way kid unfriendly), and they're fairly silo'd off from the other main tentpole Marvel franchises...

Which is a shame mainly in that I want a dang UCS Galactus.

Kay massive spoilers for those who don't want to know the plot of Homecoming....

For real. Outside of any moderator requests to keep on topic, can we PLEASE just use the spoiler tags for spoilers?

It's not hard. Just under the special BBCode thing. Top row, third from the right if you don't want to type it out...

And I know there's some grey areas about what needs tags, but... c'mon guys, this is for a movie that's not going to be released for a year. Doesn't have a trailer out. This is CLEARLY something that should be tagged.

It's not really guaranteed to get 2 sets. Also not all LEGO sets based on Marvel movies get all their villains (Collector, Yondu, Zemo). Also Tinkerer seems less likely as he's behind the scenes

Let's keep the focus on the sets we do know about as opposed to the movie plot points that many people would rather not know about. Spoiler tags would be appreciated in this regard.

Please keep in mind that we also have appropriate threads in the Community forum to openly discuss the films, such as this Marvel one. Thanks! :thumbup:

I too am curious about this. I didn't like the original HB design, so I ended up rebuilding it. Hearing that the builds will be similar has me nervous but excited. I have been in need of a new LEGO project.

Edited by Dr Axels

I too am curious about this. I didn't like the original HB design, so I ended up rebuilding it. Hearing that the builds will be similar has me nervous but excited. I have been in need of a new LEGO project.

I also modified mine to be well scaled to a minifigure. Looking forward to modify this Detroit Steel if needed!

How are the boxes? Bigger or smaller?

How are the boxes? Bigger or smaller? Edited by LegoRomania

Don't worry, from what I have heard he is way off the mark anyway in regards to any possible spoilers he gave off.

Keep in mind in the same post he said Homecoming sets were "almost guaranteed" based on no evidence just, "Spider-man is Marvel's Batman". Soo... tells you something about the mindset of who wrote it. He's just jumping to conclusions.

But on topic, I am really intrigued by Kamala Khan. The whole new long arms (Which sound awesome) thing aside, Wonder Woman's hair? Not complaining or anything but that seems just a tad on the long side, curious to see what the final minifigure looks like.

Detroit Steel still sounds off. I believe it's coming but it won't feel real until I see it.

Definitely hyped for next year though.

Edited by Coca-Cola

As for Mr. Fantastic, I really don't think it has anything to do with securing the license. They have access to Marvel's entire character catalogue. They just....haven't. Cuz they're evil, I guess?

Marvel doesn't make Fantastic Four merch or much X-Men merch because a chunk of the profits go to Fox, so they just focus on making stuff that will sell just as well AND get them the grand total of the profits. It's very corporate, but it makes sense.

I certainly have to wonder if they do have plans to give us the Fantastic Four soon, though. In the past few waves we've seen them give us new molds for stretchy arms, flaming heads, and transparent limbs. At this point, the only thing that would require a new mold is, well, the Thing. Although, they did kind of give us the Fantastic Four already.. :grin:

My hope is that just like Lego has done the occasional X-men sets, that we'll someday get to see the Fantastic Four (or at least a subset of them) in a set. Unfortunately they lack the popularity of Wolverine or Magneto, so it might just be a pipe dream. :cry_sad:

Super glad to hear some details on Kamala's arms, though! I'd imagine that, if they're using flex tubes, that the hands are probably bigfig fists? I'd still really like normal arms for her, especially if they're as long as Sci says, but that seems a tad unlikely at this point. I'm unbelievably excited to get this set, though. Ms. Marvel is my second favorite Marvel character (right after Squirrel Girl), I'm starting to get the feeling I got when I saw Robin in the first wave of DC sets a few years ago :wub:

My hope is that just like Lego has done the occasional X-men sets, that we'll someday get to see the Fantastic Four (or at least a subset of them) in a set. Unfortunately they lack the popularity of Wolverine or Magneto, so it might just be a pipe dream. :cry_sad:

With as surprising as they've been lately, and with Marvel seeming to lighten up on those boundaries (we did just get a whole X-Men Legends series, after all, and they're working with Fox on X-Men tv shows) I wouldn't call a Fantastic Four set all that farfetched. I wouldn't expect to see another one for a long time after that, but one will come sooner or later. If nothing else, I think the X-Men will start showing up a bit more.

Are there any news about Homecoming sets? Because CM4Sci has just posted the information of Justice League and Wonder woman sets, so maybe there can be some info on Marvel CU ones?

Edited by Ookami

Are there any news about Homecoming sets? Because CM4Sci has just posted the information of Justice League and Wonder woman sets, so maybe there can be some info on Marvel CU ones?

That early? Woah. *Spider sense tingling* 2 sets please! Just to cover those villains.

Seeing as how Lego produced a lot of Spider-man sets this year, I can't imagine them skipping the opportunity of Homecoming.

To Lego, Spidey is to Marvel what Batman is to DC. There's no way they'll skip out on Homecoming sets.