Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Rocket's a bit too big though. But to be honest, I think the real problem is that we don't have a regular size Groot. And because he's a baby in the new movie, we won't have a proper size Groot until maybe the Infinity War sets. I can live with an oversized Rocket as long as we get a regular Groot.

Correct, but who know they can also include normal sized Groot on other sets!

I'm honestly going to be pretty annoyed if Groot is a "baby" the whole movie. It's a cute gimmick but I have a bad feeling it's going to vastly overstay its welcome. I really like Groot at his normal size, not to mention he's a far better asset to the team full grown. I think a nanofig might be the best choice for a baby Groot but I could see them using the new babyfig mold piece, though it would need to be remolded with a more Groot-like head. I doubt we'll get another normal sized Groot and I think the brick-built one we have is pretty good and has a lot of poseibility, far better than a bigfig imho. I think Rocket is perfectly fine the way he is, he doesn't need to be 100% to scale with the other figs. The best way he could be done differently would be a Golem-esque mold.

I'm honestly going to be pretty annoyed if Groot is a "baby" the whole movie. It's a cute gimmick but I have a bad feeling it's going to vastly overstay its welcome. I really like Groot at his normal size, not to mention he's a far better asset to the team full grown. I think a nanofig might be the best choice for a baby Groot but I could see them using the new babyfig mold piece, though it would need to be remolded with a more Groot-like head. I doubt we'll get another normal sized Groot and I think the brick-built one we have is pretty good and has a lot of poseibility, far better than a bigfig imho. I think Rocket is perfectly fine the way he is, he doesn't need to be 100% to scale with the other figs. The best way he could be done differently would be a Golem-esque mold.

Groot will be a baby for "most, if not all" of the movie. That's what the director said. I think it'll be really cute! And personally I hope for a new mold for him similar to the baby's size but more Groot-like. Or I'd be fine with the baby's body as long as it was printed with some vines or something, and of course we'd need a different head.

Groot will be a baby for "most, if not all" of the movie. That's what the director said. I think it'll be really cute! And personally I hope for a new mold for him similar to the baby's size but more Groot-like. Or I'd be fine with the baby's body as long as it was printed with some vines or something, and of course we'd need a different head.

As long as it will have a different head, I am okay with that! I really love the new baby mold, it would make sense to use that for "Baby" Groot.

I would laugh if they used the Baby Body and Head, and just made a mini head-piece for the baby's head (to help resemble Groot)so it'll aggravate almost everyone.

I would laugh if they used the Baby Body and Head, and just made a mini head-piece for the baby's head (to help resemble Groot)so it'll aggravate almost everyone.

Pretty much everyone on this thread wants that. So I don't think it'll make many people mad.

He means giving the baby a hat shaped like Groot's forehead protrusions. Everybody else (including myself) is rooting for a different head than the current baby.

Think the difference between Lego Frankenstein and Lego Homer Simpson. The former is what he thinks would aggravate everyone, the latter is what most people seem to be asking for.

He means giving the baby a hat shaped like Groot's forehead protrusions. Everybody else (including myself) is rooting for a different head than the current baby.

Think the difference between Lego Frankenstein and Lego Homer Simpson. The former is what he thinks would aggravate everyone, the latter is what most people seem to be asking for.

^This. Completely agree. :thumbup:

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion.

Ugh that would suck if they went the way they did with black panther while the minifigure good and new peice turned out to be useful. I think baby groot requires a new molding all together or just the baby body with a new head mold

Ugh that would suck if they went the way they did with black panther while the minifigure good and new peice turned out to be useful. I think baby groot requires a new molding all together or just the baby body with a new head mold

Black Panther definitely needed a mask mold. I hope they just do the baby body with a new head for Groot. I think that'll be awesome.

Black Panther definitely needed a mask mold. I hope they just do the baby body with a new head for Groot. I think that'll be awesome.

This is exactly what I am trying to say! Cannot wait for this one.

Ugh, watch them give us the carrot topper piece in brown like in the Rocket Raccoon polybag. XD

You don't know how many people would be disappointed by that. Although, I expect baby groot's set to be huge seller. Lego needs to go full on accurate.

You don't know how many people would be disappointed by that. Although, I expect baby groot's set to be huge seller. Lego needs to go full on accurate.

If we want LEGO to go full on accurate they need a new mild piece. I feel like Baby Groot would better benefit a new piece, not the baby or microfigure. The first wave introduced 6 new pieces which could only be used for their individual characters in movie, another new piece isn't necessarily out of the question

If we want LEGO to go full on accurate they need a new mild piece. I feel like Baby Groot would better benefit a new piece, not the baby or microfigure. The first wave introduced 6 new pieces which could only be used for their individual characters in movie, another new piece isn't necessarily out of the question

True, but I feel like the baby mold will do groot justice.

Well we know there most likely be a new piece for Mantis and Yondu

I feel if we get Yondu, it'd definitely be a reuse of Mr. T's hairpiece from Dimensions. It's a no-brainer for me.

Edited by Aegis2000

I feel if we get Yondu, it'd definitely be a reuse of Mr. T's hairpiece from Dimensions. It's a no-brainer for me.

I don't think so, remember the updated pictures of Yondu getting a new hairdo from SDCC :laugh:

Yondu's original fin can be done with the Mr. T hair, his new one can be the mohawk hair. But if they make a mold, that's fine too.

I believe that the SDCC footage showed Yondu attaching the fin. It's not one of those inexplicable costume changes between films so we could see either or. His silver shrub will still be in the film

Yondu's original fin can be done with the Mr. T hair, his new one can be the mohawk hair. But if they make a mold, that's fine too.

I'm not sure the mohawk hair piece would work. Different shape. His GotG2 fin is smooth, not rigid.

Yondu now has a huge curved fin-shaped mohawk thing on top of his head, so neither the Mr. T piece or the original mohawk piece will work. They should do a new mold for it. And Mantis will definitely need a new hair mold or extension or something for her antennae.

I think we're lucky even getting one version of Kamala Khan. Asking for two variations of a character just recently created and introduced to capitalize on a new market when it took 3 years to finally get a new version of Spider-Man is little gutsy.

I'll admit, it's very unlikely given that the inclusion of the same character more than once a wave is usually reserved for headlining Avengers and goons, but it's the best outcome I can think of that wouldn't be a massive overthrowing of Lego's policies on what pieces are their own pieces.

I gotta be honest, if they gave us a new Rocket mold and a simple face print on the little twig they used for Groot in the Rocket polybag, I'd be satisfied. I can't think of too many ways for Lego to make Groot in about any size without him looking just awful.