Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Unless Sam Wilson recently bleached his skin, Captain America is 99.99% Steve Rogers.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Unless Sam Wilson recently bleached his skin, Captain America is Steve Rogers.

Hahahaha^^ but how do you guys know that it has a new design, in few pages back I've read that it has a goggles on it while the mask is also there. Like WWII cap.

Again, it's a prelim, so there's no saying for absolute certain what the final design looks like. But there is nothing on said preliminary box art that says "Hey kids, this is definitely gonna be Steve Rogers!" It probably is, but that's not set in stone.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

Here's an instance: back in 2014 prelim box art for Spider Trike vs Electro showed us a green/yellow suit for the sparky villain... Its 2016 now and I'm still waiting for that costume :laugh:

Did I miss something...because when did the Red-Hulks race the Green-Hulks? Or was that a deleted scene? :laugh:

Uh.... Hulk and the Agents of SMASH, maybe possibly?

I mean, comics characters are fair game (obviously), but the more convoluted comics continuity (ie, why Jane is Thor now, or why The Falcon is Captain America now) doesn't seem like something Lego is likely to get into without it being backed up by the cartoons and movies...

Sorry, but I would hope for Sam Wilson. It'd make sense in context of the rest of the set, and plus...DC got Green Arrow and Green Lantern, and now a version of Bizarro. It's time Marvel got some stuff like that...and don't tell me we got 10+ Spider-men, because we all know that's not where I was going with this. I don't feel it'd be wrong to include Captain Wilson just because he was an SDCC character.

I'm all for them releasing SDCC characters, but I do think it makes that particular variant less likely--especially since it was SUCH a recent SDCC release.

All that said, I have no inside info, and would be more than happy to be proven wrong. I'm fully in favor of Marvel's recent attempts to diversify their line, so... seeing that reflected in toys would be great. This particular one just strikes me as unlikely, even with the set description pointing towards Sam over Steve.

Huh. That means that the head is going to be seriously undersized...

Realistically the bigfig heads aren't that much larger than Iron Man's helmet. I don't see it as an issue. I'm worried more about the fact that the minifig will be integral to the brick built figure design, unlike the Hulkbuster suit where you could separate the two.

Realistically the bigfig heads aren't that much larger than Iron Man's helmet. I don't see it as an issue. I'm worried more about the fact that the minifig will be integral to the brick built figure design, unlike the Hulkbuster suit where you could separate the two.

I would welcome an oversized Detroit Steel build if it meant being able to play with the figure and suit separately. The Hulkbuster was a great set even though it was very oversized.

I dont think it will be the super adaptoid at all but Fal-Cap sam wilson as captain america

i3_CC_CapSamWilson_01.0_zpsruwpicdd.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

^No, the villain of the set is indeed a Super-Adaptoid; the character in question is Captain America himself, and which one he will be, given the adaptions of the Super-Adaptoid

Let's put it this way... would Lego trust a set to sell without its most iconic iteration of the character?

Let's put it this way... would Lego trust a set to sell without its most iconic iteration of the character?

Well we got a Miles Morales led set.

Huh, very true, forgot about that. :grin: Now I'm even more intrigued to hear the verdict on which version of Cap they'll have.

The Miles Morales set also included a fan favourite villain, Carnage and was a considerably smaller set.

I have been reading Marvel Comics for 20+ years and can only remember coming across Super Adaptoid maybe once. I know I had to Google him when the rumour dropped. And unless you're a reader of comics or into the mobile gaming side of things, Kamila Khan is relatively unknown too.

So to expand on Legocity2713 asked: Would LEGO trust a set to sell without its most iconic iteration of the character, when no other character in the set has any mass appeal to them either?

I also want to point out that from what I've read here (And correct me if I'm wrong), Sam Wilson was only thrown into the mix when both wings & Captain America were mentioned. Everyone who has shared info has said Cap is in the jet and the wings belong to Super Adaptoid, so.... shouldn't that be the end of it? At least until we have more information...

Edited by Coca-Cola

I also want to point out that from what I've read here (And correct me if I'm wrong), Sam Wilson was only thrown into the mix when both wings & Captain America were mentioned. Everyone who has shared info has said Cap is in the jet and the wings belong to Super Adaptoid, so.... shouldn't that be the end of it? At least until we have more information...

People love a good dead hoarse beat

Right, like if we got a Star Wars set with Peter Griffin as Han Solo instead of Harrison Ford...oh, I see what you mean. :sweet:

But that would sell well, and personally I feel Lego does make an effort to diversify their minifigure roster for AFOLs.

People love a good dead hoarse beat

Freaking exactly.

How many more times does it have to be said, by the very people whose info we don't even take a grain of salt with?

Give it a rest, guys. I check this thread when it's bumped for new info, not 2 new pages of "But what if it IS Sam Wilson, though?"

OMG WHO CARES? It's Sam.. It's Steve.. It's Captain America and we already have 12 of the Spar Spangled Super Soldier so what difference does it make?

Really looking for more info, ANY info, on the D2C... Nothing yet?

OMG WHO CARES? It's Sam.. It's Steve.. It's Captain America and we already have 12 of the Spar Spangled Super Soldier so what difference does it make?

The difference: the fact that we have 12 of the Star Spangled Super Soldier and 10 are Steve Rogers, 1 is Bucky Barnes, 1 is Sam Wilson, and neither of the latter 2 were available to the 7,000,000,000. Its simple math, really.

Maybe 7 billion is the magic number for how many times it must be said that the probability of this one being Sam Wilson is beyond microscopic, infinitesimally small.

Like 1 out of 7,000,000,000 probability. There's some math.

The End.

Guys, guys, here me out: what if by wings on Captain America, they mean winged helmet?

Guys, guys, here me out: what if by wings on Captain America, they mean winged helmet?

Adaptoid has the wings, Cap has some sort of jacket and printed goggles on a normal head. No helmet, no hat, no hair, I am 100% positive this is Steve Rogers.