Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Indeed, maybe better :sweet: The mighty micros for next year are better than this years mighty micros. GOTG 2 sets are going to be great! Civil war had great sets, but i'm sure GOTG 2 sets will surprise a lot of people.

While I appreciate your insight, I am curious as to how many of your statements regarding unreleased sets are based on information you receive from a 3rd party source and how much of it is based on common sense speculation on your part. Because it seems to me that a lot of the folks around here take everything you say as fact and if your statements aren't backed by solid information I believe your statements could be quite misleading.

I'm not trying to attack your character and if my statements are way off, I apologize. However, if I'm correct and you are simply speculating about the info you are putting out there then you might want to take a little care in how you word those statements so they are not so misleading.

I don't see how anyone could take my previous comment as a hint. Normally, I'll just straight up say what I hear, this however has nothing to do with that. I'm sorry if anyone thinks I've seen the sets, I have not. I'm just stating the fact that GOTG 2 sets should be great.

I think what he meant to say was, "I know nothing, but I'm hopeful. The end."

Crisis averted! 5 points for everyone!

I wish the Mighty Micros set with Iron Man vs. Thanos was just Thanos. I don't care for Iron Man much as it is, but that version of him is terrible. I do love Thanos, though, and I find that version of him to actually be adorable. He will go well with the bigfig version. And as stupid as I think an Infinity Gauntlet car is, it's a decent enough model of the Gauntlet.

Also, why do the She-Hulk characters get to have full sized legs? I though all Mighty Micros had stiff little kid legs.

I wish the Mighty Micros set with Iron Man vs. Thanos was just Thanos. I don't care for Iron Man much as it is, but that version of him is terrible. I do love Thanos, though, and I find that version of him to actually be adorable. He will go well with the bigfig version. And as stupid as I think an Infinity Gauntlet car is, it's a decent enough model of the Gauntlet.

Also, why do the She-Hulk characters get to have full sized legs? I though all Mighty Micros had stiff little kid legs.

They aren't Mighty Micros.

I wish the Mighty Micros set with Iron Man vs. Thanos was just Thanos...

...why do the She-Hulk characters get to have full sized legs? I thought all Mighty Micros had stiff little kid legs.

Can't tell if serious, or trolling... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Sir Gareth

1) they can't do "just Thanos" as that's against their licensing because they can't sell individual figures as far as I'm aware.

2) that version of iron man is great because it's his classic suit and they easily could've given us a lame armor we already have

3) the she hulk set is not a mighty micro... it's an actual set. I really don't understand how you could confuse the two.

I don't see how anyone could take my previous comment as a hint. Normally, I'll just straight up say what I hear, this however has nothing to do with that. I'm sorry if anyone thinks I've seen the sets, I have not. I'm just stating the fact that GOTG 2 sets should be great.

Listen, you seem like a great guy and I'm really not trying to knock you. It's just that you post a lot of hints across all of the boards, including Marvel, and I am just having a hard time determining if those hints come from fact or from an educated guess on your part. That's all. If they are guesses then I know to take what you say with a grain of salt. Not trying to start anything or make enemies, just looking for clarification.

They aren't Mighty Micros.

Oh. Well I saw it posted along with the Mighty Micros, and it shares the format of character vs character with vehicles. I thought it was some sort of deluxe Mighty Micros set. My bad.

1) they can't do "just Thanos" as that's against their licensing because they can't sell individual figures as far as I'm aware.

2) that version of iron man is great because it's his classic suit and they easily could've given us a lame armor we already have

Fair enough about the licensing.

I guess I see the appeal of that armor for Iron Man fans. I just thought it looked like a Juniors version because of the basic design and expressions on the face and helmet.

At least it's not the only Iron Man in the January Wave... :shrug_oh_well:

You're right, we have the Brickheadz Iron Man too! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Listen, you seem like a great guy and I'm really not trying to knock you. It's just that you post a lot of hints across all of the boards, including Marvel, and I am just having a hard time determining if those hints come from fact or from an educated guess on your part. That's all. If they are guesses then I know to take what you say with a grain of salt. Not trying to start anything or make enemies, just looking for clarification.

I think this is something you'll just have to get used to. There are a few people here who are in "the know" to some degree that post info (sometimes limited) regarding upcoming sets or products, but also post their own wishlists and opinions. This makes it very difficult to determine if what they're saying comes from a spoiler bit they received or if it's just their own hope for the future.

Honestly, I don't care for spoilers or hints. I mean, Lego previews the product in advance enough time anyway that I can plan my purchases. With that said, I know there are people who would love info the very second it's available. But it would be nice if those with reputations for being in "the know" would somehow preface their posts with something that explains whether it's a spoiler/hint or opinion.

In any case, two Iron Mans in the January wave? Here's hoping the second one really is the Brickheadz, cuz I'm kinda Iron Man'ed out.

At least it's not the only Iron Man in the January Wave... :shrug_oh_well:

Hopefully it means minifigure Iron Man not awful Brickheadz! We are still missing so many versions of Iron Man( like Mk1 which would be great if done right)!

Hopefully it means minifigure Iron Man not awful Brickheadz! We are still missing so many versions of Iron Man( like Mk1 which would be great if done right)!

I would LOVE a Mark 1 Iron Man! The new helmet could work for it!

I haven't heard ANYTHING, but I think the Thor:3 - Ragnarok set wil be based on an arena the size of the Dr. Strange set (30$). Icluding big-fig Hulk, Thor and ???

Way off topic guys. Focus on the actual sets we know about--not sets we wish we had or think we will get.

Thanks!

I've heard from people who were on the Marvel panel, that there were some "Spider man Homeomig" toys presented and that there were Shocker and Tinkerer villains. Also, reports tell us that Vulture's suit is more mechanical or something like that. That's all we know for now. I guess all these villains will appear in 2017's sets, or at least Vulture.

I've heard from people who were on the Marvel panel, that there were some "Spider man Homeomig" toys presented and that there were Shocker and Tinkerer villains. Also, reports tell us that Vulture's suit is more mechanical or something like that. That's all we know for now. I guess all these villains will appear in 2017's sets, or at least Vulture.

You can check out the concept art here along with the sources for the Shocker and Tinkerer confirmations.

We also have some names for the rest of the cast, including Liz Allen, Flash Thompson, and two supposedly new characters named Michelle and Ned. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a Gwen Stacey or MCU Mary Jane figure any time soon, and Flash might not look like the one you've come to know, as he's played by Tony Revolori.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Vulture's wings are probably gonna be brick-built. I can't imagine how they'll make a mold for wings that also includes turbines.

And two supposedly new characters named Michelle and Ned.

We got Ned already this year. Ned Leeds as the Hobgoblin ;-)

We also have some names for the rest of the cast, including Liz Allen, Flash Thompson, and two supposedly new characters named Michelle and Ned. So, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a Gwen Stacey or MCU Mary Jane figure any time soon, and Flash might not look like the one you've come to know, as he's played by Tony Revolori.

There's still several cast members they haven't identified yet, so there's still a possibility for Gwen or MJ, but really we shouldn't get our hopes up about anything in regards to this movie. There's no guarantee we'll get anyone outside of Spider-man and whichever villains are in it.

We got Ned already this year. Ned Leeds as the Hobgoblin ;-)

it would suck if movie Hobgoblin will be Ned Leeds, and not Roderick Kingsley! He's true Hobgoblin, plus Hobgoblin appearing before Green Goblin seems weird, as their powers are pretty much the same.

Well Vulture's concept art has actually been released.

Vulture look great, but he will probably need new wings, since classic wings won't work for him. I hope Lego won't try to save up on his wings.