Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

FBTB has clear(er) pics. Zooming in on my phone, I noticed that Red Hulk's vehicle has a sticker on that digger piece that says "ROSS DA BOSS." Nice nod to Red Hulk's identity as General Ross. :classic::thumbup:

I have to be the only one on this forum who doesn't like this set. :laugh: Red Hulk and She-Hulk are nice enough, but the rest just looks 'meh' and the parts/price ratio is way off. I'll save my money for this phenomenal August wave. :wub:

I have to be the only one on this forum who doesn't like this set. :laugh: Red Hulk and She-Hulk are nice enough, but the rest just looks 'meh' and the parts/price ratio is way off. I'll save my money for this phenomenal August wave. :wub:

You are not alone.....

Yeah, Im saving my Money for The August wave as well. Depending on how the rest of the 2017 set's turn out it look's like they got all the Good set's out of the way in August, So they could have crap one's In January. But we still have not seen the Other set's yet so It's Probably not true........ I hope :cry_sad:

All these good sets are insanely killing my wallet. It is like they are stabbing at it...

"Die wallet, DIE!"

And my wallet just sits there and cries...

No, come on. No. The vehicles are awful. The price is based on bigfigs of course, as it's quite insane, but we already have two Hulks, so the only good thing is She-Hulk. One or another. Marvel has an infinite number of characters, and here we are getting actually only one, in a very poor set!

Definitely not buying.

Really don't understand the price. I personally feel like the builds are interesting seeing as they are big fig suited (Mighty Monsters I suppose) but we had Hulk in the Hulkbuster for £30. This should be £30. It's ridiculous to charge us what is basically £10 extra fee per big Hulk

No, come on. No. The vehicles are awful. The price is based on bigfigs of course, as it's quite insane, but we already have two Hulks, so the only good thing is She-Hulk. One or another. Marvel has an infinite number of characters, and here we are getting actually only one, in a very poor set!

Definitely not buying.

Sheesh tell us how you really feel. Okay it is overpriced but not every set fits the pieces to price ratio, especially a set with a large amount of larger pieces. Also if this is a winter release and looking at the past for an example Target always releases the bigger set at $10 less than it's original value. It happened with the Batwing, Javelin and Avenjet and I'm pretty sure it's going to happen with this one also.

The more I look at it, the more I feel this should not be vehicles. They're so out-there, and they're so overpriced, using the large pieces to justify $60. I love love love the figures included, but the build itself leaves much to be desired, espeicllay after what we've been seeing recently. If ever a set needed "smash" in its title, it's now. The build should've been a building or wall, even a boat for all I care. Still, I'd rather buy the set for $60 than pay $40 for two Hulks, $30 for the She-Hulks, and not get any of the other 350 pieces.

The more I look at it, the more I feel this should not be vehicles. They're so out-there, and they're so overpriced, using the large pieces to justify $60. I love love love the figures included, but the build itself leaves much to be desired, espeicllay after what we've been seeing recently. If ever a set needed "smash" in its title, it's now. The build should've been a building or wall, even a boat for all I care. Still, I'd rather buy the set for $60 than pay $40 for two Hulks, $30 for the She-Hulks, and not get any of the other 350 pieces.

On a similar note, I just bought the Iron Skull Sub off eBay for half its store retail price (brand new in box, all figures included) so I'm hoping that I can find a second hand deal on the market to ease the pain

The more I look at it, the more I feel this should not be vehicles. They're so out-there, and they're so overpriced, using the large pieces to justify $60. I love love love the figures included, but the build itself leaves much to be desired, espeicllay after what we've been seeing recently. If ever a set needed "smash" in its title, it's now. The build should've been a building or wall, even a boat for all I care.

I know we all hate the Rhino/Sandman Team Up set, but something along those lines would've been good for this. Just try out every kind of destructible environment trick in one set.

...but then, I'm all for more locations and fewer vehicles as an overall direction for the line.

Wow! That lime green Hulk with the dark green hair is amazing! And finally a red Hulk AND She-Hulk! All we need is the gray Hulk and we're good to go. I wonder what other surprises LEGO has for us in 2017!

I mean the vehicles aren't the worst out there, at least Red Hulk's isn't, but they surely aren't display worthy either. :sceptic:

It really is a parts pack with some amazing figs and a high price point. (It should have been $40 max imo)

But I'm just sad they wasted an opportunity to get a minifig of "The Leader," he was the Agents of SMASH's main adversary in the show. Ah well, that Red Hulk is still amazing! :blush::excited:

It's strange, I never really cared for the old Hulk mold and was happy when the AOU one replaced it, but with this coloring I actually kind of love it.

It's weird that they stole Joker and Harley Quinn's vehicles though...

Edited by strangely

For some reason, I might actually get Joker and Harley figs and put them on the vehicles in my DC collection, and just keep the Hulks for my Marvel collection.

This man...is right.

I second that.

Meh. I'll BrickLink She-Hulk.

Maybe.

I hope I care about the next one! C'mooooooooon. Kang!

This man...is right.

They are pretty great for those DC characters... might look good on a shelf with a Batmobile! Very few cosmetic changes need be made to 'em...

I'm glad they used the old mold for this Hulk. It works. I really wish/hope they print some toes onto Red Hulk tho.

While a minifig of the Leader might've been nice to see, his status in Agents of SMASH is irrelevant, as this set is not based on Agents of SMASH (no Red She-Hulk in the show, for one--aside from one of the Gamma Twins in the future--plus wrong deco/outfits for the other three)

Not keen on the vehicles but She-Hulk and Red Hulk look awesome! The recoloured Hulk looks cool too in a campy 60s kind of way.

I love how this set is sort of like an oversized Mighty Micro set. I understand the price for it as well, because it's got lots of large pieces (like the wheels, and in a new color). And then there's obviously the two big figs. The Rancor Pit set from Star Wars had a similar piece count and the same price, and that came out back in 2013. I'm sure this will go on sale pretty quickly too. Just look at the Avenjet set from this year, that was $60 but I've constantly seen it on sale for $50 recently.

Mighty Monsters, that's what I'm calling this type of set.

Mighty Macros all the way. (Patent Pending) :thumbup::laugh: