Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2017 - Set Discussion

Not yet, but in all likelihood will be.

Well there's very little evidence for that, and since he's not currently active in the MCU the Team-Up set doesn't count as an MCU hero team-up.

Actually some rumors point that he'll be in the next Agents of Shield season.

Actually some rumors point that he'll be in the next Agents of Shield season.

I thought the common consensus was Hellfire. That said, we are very off topic right now. :grin:

Oh I hadn't seen that. Oh well. Dunno who that is.

Don't want to have to stray away from the topic, but in series 3 he was a friend of Lincoln described to be inhuman, but never reached terrigenesis, then Hive recruits and terragenisises him, giving him powers of pyrokinesis and he blows up stuff he touches. In the finale he uses a fiery chain. In comics I think he's part of the Secret Warriors, meaning the bus could refer to him joining SHIELD

No Robert Downey Jr is only confirmed as Tony Stark. Whether he be Iron Man or not is yet to be seen

Someone apparently didn't pay attention to the end of Iron Man 3...

Don't want to have to stray away from the topic, but in series 3 he was a friend of Lincoln described to be inhuman, but never reached terrigenesis, then Hive recruits and terragenisises him, giving him powers of pyrokinesis and he blows up stuff he touches. In the finale he uses a fiery chain. In comics I think he's part of the Secret Warriors, meaning the bus could refer to him joining SHIELD

Yeah, considering he was only a villain while controlled by Hive, him joining up seems likely. He's got the accent & attitude missing since Hunter left, the power to replace Lincoln... one nice thing about his character is we can pretty much build our own Lego version of him, complete with fiery chain, right now! At least, until/unless he gets his own unique SHIELD outfit or other superperson costume. :tongue:

When they said there will be more merchandise for the women, I imagine they were talking about other things. There was lots of controversy about instances of T-shirts and posters and stuff that had all the heroes but the women like Black Widow and Gamora, so they'll probably try to avoid that.

Lego is generally pretty good with the female heroes. They got all three women in Civil War (even Sharon Carter, who didn't do anything) so it's not like they're really bad in this area or anything. We'll see Gamora and Mantis minifigs but I doubt they'll warrant multiple sets.

Lego does about par for the course for toy companies when it comes to superheroines... which is to say, not that good, really. Some of that's source material (the MCU is WAY too dude heavy), but even taking that into account, there's stuff like Black Widow and Gamora only being available in the most expensive sets of their waves, or Maria Hill only ever being released on the Helicarrier. Or the comics based sets also being super dude-heavy--they couldn't find any women to include in the Spider-Men sets besides MJ and Aunt May? It's even worse in the Avengers sets--I'm glad we finally got Captain Marvel, but it's crazy we got Hyperion before She-Hulk, or Wasp, or Mockingbird, or Monica Rambeau, or Jessica Drew, or even Tigra. I know X-Men has licensing issues, but we managed to get Wolverine and Magneto twice, but the only women in a famously woman-heavy franchise is Storm? I guess we technically have Phoenix (and Jessica Drew), but I'm not counting SDCC exclusives...

Or going even further--why was the SHIELD agent from the Miles Morales / Carnage set a white dude? Generic characters like that would be a great place to add some more diversity to the line up.

Now, things are WAY better with this year's sets--Black Widow and Falcon being in the cheapest Civil War set was great, and I'm psyched we're getting White Tiger and a Spider-Woman (even if it's the weird Ultimate Universe costume that I feel safe in assuming was on the bottom of most people's "Spider-Woman I want" lists...), and hopefully they'll do as well or better going forward. But for the vast majority of the Marvel Superheroes line, if you wanted women characters, you were restricted to a small handful of characters locked in the most expensive sets of their waves, or a few "civilian" characters (Aunt May, or love interest characters like Pepper Potts and MJ).

It's not just a Marvel problem either, though--I tried to make Lego versions of both me and my fiance (I've got a little scene of minifigure-us biking, my our cat on the back of my bike, and a basket full of her favorite stuff on hers). However, my fiance is black, and god forbid you try to find a black female minifig head--my options at the time were either some Star Wars alien with purple eyes, or Storm (who had either crazy angry controlling the weather face, or a determined face which... was the closest, but also not a great match for a "we are having fun on bikes" scene). "Black woman smiling" was out of the question, and god forbid I want something exotic like "black woman with glasses smiling". I ended up ordering a custom printed head, which works great, but it was pretty eye opening to how limited Lego diversity is.

Guys for the second time today...focus on the 2017 sets.

Not the movies, not the TV shows, not gender/race inclusion or lack thereof.

2017 Marvel Set discussion only!

I think that Marvel has made a point that they want to include more female characters in their merchandise, so I'd be surprised if there's a single other female as a main character that isn't in a set. Valkyrie, the lead villain and maybe even Sif should all get minifigs for Ragnarok.

I am willing to bet that if GotG 2 has a store exclusive, this may be how we get a Yondu minifig. I am honestly disappointed by no opportunity for Korath.

I think that Marvel has made a point that they want to include more female characters in their merchandise, so I'd be surprised if there's a single other female as a main character that isn't in a set. Valkyrie, the lead villain and maybe even Sif should all get minifigs for Ragnarok.

Would be awesome if we got a Jane Foster Thor variant.

well the reason we don't get a lot female characters in merchandising is because they don't sell as well as Spider-Man or Batman or even the male Avengers. Things like Marvel and DC are on the boys isle. He buys dc and Marvel merchandise the most? Boys. I kinda hate it when people complain about lack of female characters. Go look at Frozen all of that merchandising is for girls and you don't see men complaining about it. I saw at target yesterday all of the ghostbusters 2016 toys clearance all of the action figures were female and none of them sold. Not sexist just telling What saw and heard. But back on topic does Just2good know if we are getting another X-Men set besides the mighty micro one?

Would be awesome if we got a Jane Foster Thor variant.

Would love that, although I wouldn't be surprised if that was the kind of thing they save for a SDCC Exclusive (seems on par with Sam Wilson Cap). Mostly though, I just really want a Lady Sif. I know we're all expecting only one set for Ragnarok (which... I also think is the most likely), but hopefully it's a big enough set to include both Sif AND Valkyrie as well as Thor / Hulk / whatever enemies they include. Probably a pipe dream, I know...

I also hope that however large the Spider-Man: Homecoming wave is, it's big enough that we get a good number of civilian characters. The supporting cast on that film is PACKED and I would love me a Hannibal Buress minifig.

I also hope that however large the Spider-Man: Homecoming wave is, it's big enough that we get a good number of civilian characters. The supporting cast on that film is PACKED and I would love me a Hannibal Buress minifig.

Judging by the casting confirming at least 3 villains, I imagine we'll get at least two sets. Maybe even a Peter Parker minifigure modelled on Tom Holland

Edited by Quicksilver838

I would love me a Hannibal Buress minifig.

That would be the best thing ever! :excited::wub_drool:

Like I would buy the set as many times as possible to have an army of Hannibal Buresses. :devil:

Edited by Legocity2713

Straight Talk: There will be less than five Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sets releasing in March, four at the most.

Sir Gareth by chance do you know any more 2017 lego rumors that you could possibly hint at.

Sir Gareth by chance do you know any more 2017 lego rumors that you could possibly hint at.

Or perhaps a better question, do you know anything else without having to reveal anything you can't

The January Wave totals six sets.

Thanks for the info Sir Gareth, interesting, I wonder how many of those are from Avengers Assemble