Hinckley

[MOCs] The Minataka and The Temple of Orion

Hey everyone, this was the individual display I brought to Brickworld this year. It was originally an idea for a comic I was writing and the excerpt from this chapter went something like this:

"After spoiled Prince Egbert betrayed his family, the Goran turned on him, nearly killing him. Left for dead, he fled to the Opal Islands and spent several years rehabilitating himself from his extensive injuries. There, he meets the Princess Onya and becomes a skilled fighter. When word of Shon's battle against the Summoners of the Temple of Orion reaches the Opal Islands, Egbert finds the fabled ship, The Minataka and brings it to the Temple to help Shon defeat the Summoners. Shon does not recognize 'Bert' but is glad to receive the assistance of this enigmatic warrior, the princess Onya and the enchanted ship."

The Minataka

27911047712_d600e0fd1c_c.jpg

The Temple of Orion

27911047692_247cccdf7d_c.jpg

27911047582_01a250995e_c.jpg

27978746446_4b828c6119_c.jpg

More on my Flickr photostream

My eyebrows went up of their own accord when I saw the temple, something only reserved for fantastic MOCs like these! The detailing on that temple is superb! Fantastic work here!

Both MOCs are top notch, I now have a new appreciation for that prefab boat piece, I will have to dig mine out of the sorting... :wink: And that temple, simply amazing!

On another note, both MOCs would be a perfect fit for GoH...

On another note, both MOCs would be a perfect fit for GoH...

I joined a while back too! I haven't had time to contribute yet, though. Thank you!

My eyebrows went up of their own accord when I saw the temple, something only reserved for fantastic MOCs like these! The detailing on that temple is superb! Fantastic work here!

:blush: Thank you.

That temple... so pretty :wub: :wub: :wub: The use of plate with handle in vertical orientation is really clever :thumbup: Great bit of shoreline to give the building a nice setting too :classic:

I was pretty impressed by the boat, but when I scrolled down to the temple, I was simply amazed. Its always fascinating which ideas people develop to create interesting surfaces. Very impressive! :classic: :thumbup:

Wow. Magnificent. I absolutely love the style used here. The ship is beautiful, and I would have plenty of compliments to give it on its own, but that temple is just fantastic. The design is wonderful, and the details all over it are so nice. There are so many small, fine details that it's hard to name them, but I especially like the design of the pillars, the big round windows, and the use of the tooth piece. The landscaping is great, as well. And getting back to that ship, I love the design of that head piece. I also really like the sides, they look really nice.

Brilliant work!

I hope I'm not bumping this topic too badly, but wow. This is absolutely gorgeous, Hinckley! The ship itself is huge and beautifully detailed. I love all the shaping you managed, with interesting uses of car slopes on the edges! I don't think I've ever seen that quarter saucer part used on a boat before! And the figurehead is beautiful.

And that temple is just stunning. So intricately detailed, and Huge! The colours are all well arranged, and there's a boat-load of NPUs! I love the windows, and you framed them well with your photography. Phenomenal!

Wonderful work! :grin: (sorry for the thread necromancy)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Fantastic temple and superb boat. I reealy lile the details on both. If i was you i would have finished the details at ground around the temple. Feels a little unfinished. But overall very well executed. Great job

Edited by mallou

Just as I was getting ready to write a glowing endorsement of the ship (I love the details on that figurehead!), I scrolled down and saw the temple...

I really like fact that you haven't compromised sheer bulk and size by making it plain - it's still extremely detailed. The only space that looks possibly a little empty is the grass directly around the entrance, but, for all I say that, I have no idea what I'd put there.

That snot work on the sides is incredible, though, I'm taking notes.