Sign in to follow this  
durazno33

A Forum for Building Tips and Tricks?

Is there a forum for finding or posting building tips and tricks? If there is, would someone point me to it?

If not, would it be something that people are interested in?

I could see it as a place to categorize building tips and tricks by genre. So the forum could have topics for Spaceships, Castles, City, Cars, Technic, Micro etc. That way people building a space ship can find a topic on Spaceships and don't have to sift through all of the tips for making Castles or Micro or all of the random building techniques to find something they like.

I know that not all building techniques are specific to a genre but if people were required to show the technique applied in a specific genre in order to post, I could see this type of forum being really useful.

This could be a forum for posting items like this:

Edited by durazno33

Is there a forum for finding or posting building tips and tricks? If there is, would someone point me to it?

Here

Edited by KamalMYafi

That post contains the right type of information that I am looking for but it is organized like most tips and tricks forums that I have seen: a big blending pot of ideas.

Some basic organization such as post tagging and categorization of posts would help users find ideas easier.

Thanks for the point in the right direction KamalMYafi!

This forum is the repository for general MOCing tips and tricks, more specific techniques (say Technic) can be found in the relevant forums.

Honestly I don't believe there's enough material to populate an entire forum with MOCing techniques, but we can look at ways to make specific items easier to find within the current forum structure.