billyamy

[WIP] [MOD] Y-wing 9495

Copy from some internet photos and different posts in this forum. I started to modify the 9495 Y-Wing

E3792B10-36AE-45E7-8E18-31DFFD949233_zpsxtrja0i4.jpg

A5E13AB7-5FEF-4324-AD87-0344FEFA0387_zpsphlhplfb.jpg

D6DEFDE6-A8FA-4F9B-B90E-E385E38977DD_zpsqjy9n1oy.jpg

44044A7C-1476-4F83-AD26-842DA331E08F_zpscxvx53so.jpg

76D4C7C8-70EF-4151-9B5E-8B7063ED4684_zpsl6domoki.jpg

Still waiting for the white half sphere parts

32C55949-37F8-465B-B89A-174EE888532B_zpswftvzjla.jpg

Can't wait to see this finished. The cockpit looks fantastic and could steal the show on its own but the greebling and pipe work is some of the best I've seen, it subtle yet looks so organic. Great job.

Thx joebiwankenobl and that orange thing

The cockpit design is inspired by brickwright

Also this parts

BF1341CF-B631-4D4F-8ABE-6FD65CEEBCBC_zpswy99kvfh.jpg

Edited by billyamy

This is beautiful! The Y-wing is one of my favorite rebel spacecrafts, and I'm planning to build a MOC of it... but it will be difficult to match your results, you've done really a great work in recreating the elaborated texture of the fuselage... The front part also looks almost perfect to me, fantastic!

Edited by Arthur Schopenhauer

Thx joebiwankenobl and that orange thing

The cockpit design is inspired by brick weigh

Thats best thing about mocs or mods, people share their designs and we pool that knowledge to expand upon for the better.

Thats best thing about mocs or mods, people share their designs and we pool that knowledge to expand upon for the better.

That's true, I love to see how each new MOC contributes in some way to set a new standard, you see that well if you consider how MOCs of a particular spacecraft have evolved in the years, non only because of new parts! Anyway I'm waiting to see this Y-wing finished :classic:

This is amazing, I can't wait to see it finished! Quick question: Where did you get the flexible yellow tubes? Are those pure LEGO pieces?

Lego rigid hose

Use the hair dryer to make it soft.

The greebling is fantastic, the cockpit section could use some work still - but great WIP so far!

Lego rigid hose

Use the hair dryer to make it soft.

Even better, put it in hot water - this will soften the rigid hose evenly along its whole length. :classic:

Looks great. I am only finished with the cockpit section for my Y-wing MOC and I must say, that your version is very similar. I put my MOC aside because I did not have the creativity to do the hull the way you did. Hats off man. Great work!

If I ever pick up my Y-wing project I would like to copy your hull design.

The Y-Wing is one of my fav SW ships and you have definitely done a great job! Love the yellow piping and the overall build!

I really like the yellow tubing running through the model, it's like it's on its way to becoming the ones you see in ANH. and the engines are coming a long great.

The cockpit looks great! but my only gripe is the 2x6 wedge slope, as well as the other sloping around it. At first glance it seems to work, but then again it just seems too steep of a slope leading up around the cockpit. LEGO's latest Y-wing, did a good job capturing the contours of it, and yours is very similar. I would try to lessen the the steepness of the slope from the cockpit to the edges, if possible. Other than That, its a good start!

Great job. I would recommend copper coloured tubing over yellow to be more screen accurate if you can get hold of it.

I really like the style you chose here, relatively simple in its techniques but complex enough to capture all the essential details.

The yellow wires do stand out a bit but as the copper ones are very expensive and the yellow does fit with the colour scheme of the Y-Wing I think you can get away with them. I think I personally would have chosen light grey but I can understand why that would be too boring for most people.

Keep building cool stuff! ;)

The yellow wires do stand out a bit but as the copper ones are very expensive

You would only need one or two 20L's and they are not that expensive.

A great representation of my favorite Star Wars ship! Outstanding detail throughout. The only area that is a detractor from the model are the afterburners. It's very hard area to model but somehow the exhaust gases need to pass through it for that extra speed needed on the trench run!

Edited by ecmo47