Kai NRG

[MCTC Cotton - 5] Inspection!

27907245696_650d517747.jpg

Where would the MCTC be without Uncle?
You all know (well, maybe you don't) that last time Guy's Uncle went off on vacation, Guy ended up throwing a mayor's application into the fire by mistake. Sir E.T.W. de Chauncourtois shrewdly suspects that was the least of the mishaps, but the others were probably hushed up for the good of the Company.
Be that as it may, Uncle is always active in MCTC's service. This time he is in Bardo for a tour of inspection of the MCTC's latest investment: a Royal Cotton Plantation!

27941462025_f33e68f9c0.jpg

Pigs have a distinct tendency to escape at the most awkward of times. One of the workers is doing his best to catch this renegade before Uncle catches sight of him.
27907261566_c6bd20bb00.jpg

All the workers, of course, are trying hard to look appropriately busy as Guy's Uncle approaches the first segment of the plantation - or the last segment, depending on how you look at it. Guy spent quite a while at the breakfast table that morning trying hard to convince his Uncle that the plot with the aqueduct was the last plot, but Uncle insisted that since it was first on the road coming out of Bardo, it was the first plot.

27907285656_75b4d1522f.jpg

Uncle was glad to discover that this is only the guardhouse; no one lives here. And even he would have to admit that it's built in the most approved Eslandian style, with dark red bricks, whitewash, and green shutters. A+ here.
27907300226_0d9e6c4d6c.jpg

More workers pretending to be busy.
27840083082_3a785e3f89.jpg

The other parts of this collab will be coming soon, so stay tuned! C&C welcome! Thanks for looking!

Gods, so much cotton! The plantation is Nice, but what really catches the eye is the canal! Superb irrigation!

Great build !

MCTC is again running to a Royal building ! pirate_oh.gif

I am astonished by the size and also by the quality of this coton plantation !

Great job !

Great job, the cotton and building are nice, but I have to agree with Titus - the irrigation here is superb! Great job and I look forward to seeing the rest.

Rather than comment in each individual thread, I'll just state it here: this collective build a brilliant idea and I am quite envious. I especially like the detail of how the irrigation ditches seems to line up.

I didn't really see it in the WIP pics I saw but the aqueduct looks amazing, the water is sooo good and the transition into the irrigation channels is perfect too. Hats off to you.

I love the aqueduct and the stone bridge. The guard house is nice, too. Excellent job all around, and a great start introducing the group build!

That irrigation ending in the stream looks great indeed! The little trees are beautiful as well.

Excellent photographs of the closeups too

Love that first shot, Kai, seems like it's becoming a sort of staple of yours! pir_laugh2.gifdefault_rofl.gif Very nice job with the cotton, irrigation, and bridge as well, and those trees look excellent! :thumbup: I'm wondering if those workers are going to be able to get away with no hangings... default_laugh_new.gifdefault_laugh2.gif

I like the irrigation system, still a rarity in the world of MOCs. Another notable part is the oddly angled, studs-to-the-side bridge, nicely done! The shed is beautiful and the minifig activity (and how you photographed it) is great! thumbup.gif

The bunny in the field is a nice touch. However, that irrigation channel is my favorite part of this portion of the build. The guardhouse and the bridge are also great parts of this build that add a lot.

Last of the topics I never got around to replying to, but not least - thanks guys for the comments here!

On 6/30/2016 at 5:52 AM, Faladrin said:

Great build !
MCTC is again running to a Royal building ! pirate_oh.gif
I am astonished by the size and also by the quality of this coton plantation !
Great job !

No use in letting the grass grow under our feet, right? :pir-wink:  Thanks!

On 6/30/2016 at 6:04 AM, Ayrlego said:

Great job, the cotton and building are nice, but I have to agree with Titus - the irrigation here is superb! Great job and I look forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks Ayrlego!

On 6/30/2016 at 9:50 AM, Kwatchi said:

Rather than comment in each individual thread, I'll just state it here: this collective build a brilliant idea and I am quite envious. I especially like the detail of how the irrigation ditches seems to line up.

Thank you!  Yep, we did a bit of preliminary planning to hopefully get things to more or less line up in the end!

On 7/1/2016 at 2:10 PM, Puvel said:

That irrigation ending in the stream looks great indeed! The little trees are beautiful as well.
Excellent photographs of the closeups too

Thank you!  I actually often find closeups much easier to shoot nicely than overviews!

On 7/3/2016 at 11:23 AM, Exetrius said:

I like the irrigation system, still a rarity in the world of MOCs. Another notable part is the oddly angled, studs-to-the-side bridge, nicely done! The shed is beautiful and the minifig activity (and how you photographed it) is great! thumbup.gif

Thank you!  The oddly angled bridge was a bit of a pain, but not quite as bad as I had initially anticipated.

On 7/8/2016 at 10:21 AM, SilentWolf said:

The bunny in the field is a nice touch. However, that irrigation channel is my favorite part of this portion of the build. The guardhouse and the bridge are also great parts of this build that add a lot.

Thanks!  Bunnies were a must!