Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[BH - Ewok] Space-Bears for Slug-Beetles

The Imperial courier on Naboo was in a particularly dangerous situation. He must have picked up a few stowaways on the forest moon of Endor, because upon arriving on Naboo, countless furry space bears came pouring out of the cargo hold and into the eastern swamps. Once they took to the trees, the stormtroopers couldn't keep track of them and the best shots of their ranks couldn't find their targets. Normally, the Empire can overlook an illegal introduction of non-indigenous species, especially when they are at fault, but these creatures came from a planet the Empire wanted kept secret. The nosey bureaucrats of Naboo would certainly ask too many questions if this incursion was discovered.

27880102112_ee69bfcc28_c.jpg

Despite their distrust and hatred of the Clawdite race, the Empire does recognize the exceptional marksmanship prevalent in their culture, and the ISB keeps a few contacts for situations like this. The bounty hunter marches the seven remaining creatures out of the swamps and into an awaiting cage. His payment will be in the form of slug-beetle larva, a "currency" the Empire can payout under the table because of their control over vast "preservation easements" throughout Naboo, and the bounty hunter can readily exchange these with the elite Gungans coopted by the Empire to keep the bottom dwellers in line.

But there was something about the merchant crew that delivered the larva. The captain... the bounty hunter knew this face, but the local Imperial contingent obviously did not, or else there'd be only one man leaving this clearing alive...

I like how the ship is very similar to Anakin"s Twilight, even the name. Was that on purpose? The scene is great, and the ship is terrific, especially the working cranes!

The sand-green and dark-red go surprisingly well together. Great work!

Very cool scene - I like the functionality of the ship's cranes, and I really like the story on this one.

Thanks.

Fantastic ship!

Thanks.

I like how the ship is very similar to Anakin"s Twilight, even the name. Was that on purpose? The scene is great, and the ship is terrific, especially the working cranes!

Yes. I eventually want to do a large scale (maybe minifig scale) version of the Twilight and I needed a cargo ship for a collab build, so I thought I'd play with the shape and try to work out some of the difficult parts. Thanks.

The sand-green and dark-red go surprisingly well together. Great work!

Thanks. Old Octan habits die hard.

You have Passed. The comments are below:

1) pass: Absolutely fantastic story! It's exactly what I was hoping people would do to explain the presence of certain species on certain planets. And your build is great too!

2) pass: Exquisite scene! The ship is top-notch with an utilitarian but interesting shape that echoes both the AT-ST and the CTT with its strong appearance and perfect colors and textures (especially in the back). Maybe the rear of the ship could use some more angles though, and the red stripe on the tilted section could be smoother if you'd use a tile at an angle I think. The rest of the scene is quite sober, but I like the height difference and the cage. So all in all a marvelous scene, with a story that feels very real.

3) pass: The vehicle has an interesting look that serves its purpose and it fulfills the mission without a doubt.

As per usual your ship building skill far exceed expectations. Definitely looks like a Star Wars ship, somewhat reminiscent of the Twilight! Ewoks in cages, right where they belong! :tongue:

This ship is absolutely fantastic, Goatman! Love how it resembles the Twilight and an AT-ST all at once. very Star Wars. Also, the scene portrayed is quite nice. Gotta love that Imperial corruption! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Cool ship! I like the colors and the engines most! Also the whole scene tells a great story. :classic: