47 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think it has been confirmed that we will get a Giant man build ARES in the upcoming WW set.

Indeed it has. I meant a proper minifigure of him though

57 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

No, but it gives us an idea on how he'll look. Pretty cool. Now I really wish we'd get a proper minifigure of him

Yes, I would so much rather have a minifigure than something brick built.    ESPECIALLY now that the character design looks so great.

>:(

Hopefully the Ares brick built figure is amazing, because after seeing how badass he looks, it would be a shame for him to be at all lackluster

Edited by Thelegodan

If it's similar to Giant man, it will be cartoony, hands like minifig circular head (needs an expert to execute in brick form that awesome head piece) and also the feet two points of articulation back and forth.

Edited by SpiderJazz

A minifigure Ares would be perfect and make the set a must buy. A large fig doesn't do anything for me- at least if it's really similar to Giant Man. I guess the only reason I'll get the set will be for Steve then 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

A minifigure Ares would be perfect and make the set a must buy. A large fig doesn't do anything for me- at least if it's really similar to Giant Man. I guess the only reason I'll get the set will be for Steve then 

But what if it's like Xmen sentinels, if that's the case it can be designed well. 

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Just checking, have you seen the Ares design and does it look like this.

Only wondering because we had a collectable figure for Dormammu for the Doctor Strange movie sets and it was not film accurate;

Well that doctor strange figure never really made any claim to be from the movie.   Its a similar situation to the power armor lex that came with BVS action figures.

Ares is a new design not seen anywhere else in comics, games or animation.  Its possible its not the final choise for the movie but it was designed for the film.

Edited by deskp

29 minutes ago, deskp said:

Well that doctor strange figure never really made any claim to be from the movie.   Its a similar situation to the power armor lex that came with BVS action figures.

To the same extent, the Ares figure is not actually claiming to be based on the movie.

- Released under a line called 'Wonder Woman Movie DC Multiverse' which is exactly the same line that both the Power Armour Lex Luthor toys were released under...
- Though the other figures are movie accurate, it could be similar to either of the Lex Luthor situation's in that one of them is not accurate and could be a new design

bvs-6-pack.jpg?quality=65&strip=allluthorpowersuit.jpg

I'm just wondering if the design has changed - and Delta might be aware of whether this is the case for the brickbuilt figure

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

To the same extent, the Ares figure is not actually claiming to be based on the movie.

- Released under a line called 'Wonder Woman Movie DC Multiverse' which is exactly the same line that both the Power Armour Lex Luthor toys were released under...

power armor lex was different scale and line. The main 6 inch line did everything movie correct, the same line now on show for wonder woman.

I hope the "inspired by" label lego uses, doesn't mean we end up with a comic based ares.

5 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Well I assume he won't be reposting the fig if it's not the design we are actually getting. But who knows.

Either he's seen the brick-built fig and its accurate hence the design posting OR he's not seen the figure's details and is just aware of the brick-built figure and is posting what could be the movie Ares for the purposes of discussion on how the brick-built figure might look.

Was trying to get a fix on which.

4 minutes ago, deskp said:

I hope the "inspired by" label lego uses, doesn't mean we end up with a comic based ares.

Would be more concerned with what the Justice League sets might do to Steppenwolf, given the character could be skipped like Doomsday OR cartoon'ised because of the very sharp spikey design and menacing look.

Edited by Scarilian

Everyone let's stop speculating on what a future set could look like based on comparisons to action figures. This is getting way beyond Lego talk. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

Moderators: Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong area, but I wasn't sure where else this would go.

In regards to the new DC Super Heroes Girls sets, I can't help but wonder who the heck that person is standing on the left on Lena Luthor on the box art. See the attached photo. For reference, I am referring to the pictures of Lena Luthor and co. in the left corners of all the DC Super Heroes Girls sets.  

Lena's Friend.png

1 hour ago, TheBigRedCheese said:

Moderators: Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong area, but I wasn't sure where else this would go.

In regards to the new DC Super Heroes Girls sets, I can't help but wonder who the heck that person is standing on the left on Lena Luthor on the box art. See the attached photo. For reference, I am referring to the pictures of Lena Luthor and co. in the left corners of all the DC Super Heroes Girls sets.  

It's Eclipso, she's a villain in the show and we will get a set of her fortress in the summer. 

I've never disagreed with a moderator before, but since we know that Ares is coming in the set, wondering if it looks anything like that action figure (in relation to the lego set) should be fair game, right? 

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, Lionbear8 said:

So if its US $130 . That means in AUS it will be bout  $200? And should have about 1200 pieces? What you think Jackattacks? 

@JACKATTACKS

Haven't been following this forum for a couple of days. $200 sounds about right. What is this Flying Fox thing?

1 hour ago, Thelegodan said:

I've never disagreed with a moderator before, but since we know that Ares is coming in the set, wondering if it looks anything like that action figure (in relation to the lego set) should be fair game, right? 

Make sense, don't ge me wrong guys. It's a way we could discuss the upcoming figure/build because we do have a guide on how it will be designed. 

Stephen Wolf won't be a good big fig. Probably more like Nexo Knight monster with new mold.

12 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

It's Eclipso, she's a villain in the show and we will get a set of her fortress in the summer. 

Aha! Thanks so much! It was driving me mad. :)

1 hour ago, kastorskorner said:

three Justice League sets priced at $19.99, $49.99, and $129.99.

Whats the source for that?