8 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Yet again, CW fans are punished. First Arsenal that looked pretty Arrow-inspired, then Ray last year, and now a pair of BrickHeadz and a Vixen minifig? This is just torture.

I agree with this so much. LEGO shows they acknowledge the CW shows, and even creates minifigures for them, but don't mass produce them. Out of the limited people who can get these at the convention, not many might be CW fans, and just want a rare figure to showcase, but there are a lot of people who would really appreciate them

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Yet again, CW fans are punished. First Arsenal that looked pretty Arrow-inspired, then Ray last year, and now a pair of BrickHeadz and a Vixen minifig? This is just torture.

And it says "exclusive" on the packaging so there is no chance that we'll be getting this exact version of the fig in the future.

(I say this because the Hobbit figures like Bard and the Pale Orc were often previews under the guise of being exclusive to the convention but lacked the "exclusive" part on the packaging). 

so yeah... had to be that guy :blush:

This makes me both happy and annoyed. For the last three years, SDCC DC exclusives have been from the CW shows. Why don't they make sets for the shows if they can make figures? It's really annoying since I love all of the CW shows. It's still not as bad as stuff like the black suit Superman, Bizarro, or Shazam, though. I bet the Marvel one will make me lose my mind and curse Lego. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

For the last three years, SDCC DC exclusives have been from the CW shows.

I think it has to do with audience. The CW always feels more teen based so maybe it has to do it that.

Edited by jhuyser

32 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This makes me both happy and annoyed. For the last three years, SDCC DC exclusives have been from the CW shows. Why don't they make sets for the shows if they can make figures? It's really annoying since I love all of the CW shows. It's still not as bad as stuff like the black suit Superman, Bizarro, or Shazam, though. I bet the Marvel one will make me lose my mind and curse Lego. 

Likewise, would love to see the CW shows get some sets, they'd be pretty simple to make I'm sure they'd easily sell with all the publicity they get and the constant flow of new shows/characters branching out from them... (Black Lightening being the latest)

Really glad it's just Vixen from CW. Don't really like her that much there. She's getting spotlight as one the members of JLA in the comics

4 hours ago, jhuyser said:

I think it has to do with audience. The CW always feels more teen based so maybe it has to do it that.

I don't watch any of the Arrowverse TV shows, but seriously, are they in any way of interest to TLG's core audience (6-11 year olds)? I really don't see any mainstream toy merchandising of the franchise to that particular age demographic, only those Funko POP vinyl figures that are usually aimed toward teens and up.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

I don't watch any of the Arrowverse TV shows, but seriously, are they in any way of interest to TLG's core audience (6-11 year olds)? I really don't see any mainstream toy merchandising of the franchise to that particular age demographic, only those Funko POP vinyl figures that are usually aimed toward teens and up.

While Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl are rated TV-PG, Arrow is rated TV-14, and I could see TLG not feeling that sets based off them would be particularly good sellers in the 6-11 age range, however I think a D2C set would be perfect to satisfy fans, like the Simpsons house and Kwik e Mart D2C, which weren't necessarily aimed at ages 6-11 (right?)  But to your point I think Flash in particular has enough appeal to kids, because he is well known outside of the CW shows.  Kids would buy it just cause it has the flash in it.  It doesn't matter what it's from.

Just hoping for STAR Labs and Arrow Cave D2C someday :laugh:  

Just now, JGuy said:

While Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl are rated TV-PG, Arrow is rated TV-14, and I could see TLG not feeling that sets based off them would be particularly good sellers in the 6-11 age range, however I think a D2C set would be perfect to satisfy fans, like the Simpsons house and Kwik e Mart D2C, which weren't necessarily aimed at ages 6-11 (right?)  But to your point I think Flash in particular has enough appeal to kids, because he is well known outside of the CW shows.  Kids would buy it just cause it has the flash in it.  It doesn't matter what it's from.

Just hoping for STAR Labs and Arrow Cave D2C someday :laugh:  

A D2C may be possible, but I almost feel we won't see such a set until some sort of milestone anniversary of one of the TV shows, presumably Arrow, the one that started this small screen shared universe to begin with.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

A D2C may be possible, but I almost feel we won't see such a set until some sort of milestone anniversary of one of the TV shows, presumably Arrow, the one that started this small screen shared universe to begin with.

Hmm... Maybe for its final season or something?  

PIctures of new Lego books have surfaced on Reddit, and one in particular surprises me: the Lego DC Super Heroes Activity Book #3.

The book includes the original (?) Flash minifigure from 2014, but the cover shows a variant with new leg printing with yellow boots!

Just now, Aegis2000 said:

PIctures of new Lego books have surfaced on Reddit, and one in particular surprises me: the Lego DC Super Heroes Activity Book #3.

The book includes the original (?) Flash minifigure from 2014, but the cover shows a variant with new leg printing with yellow boots!

The variant is how he appears in Lego Batman 2. The cover isn't final but I'd assume the fig will just be the 2014 Flash :classic:

First review of Flying Box

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

The variant is how he appears in Lego Batman 2. The cover isn't final but I'd assume the fig will just be the 2014 Flash :classic:

Remember the TLBM Book that they said it will contain a new variant of Penguin with the suit, turns out to be the Arkham uniform, but the cover in the picture is the traditional suit.

So, there's still a chance but that's just me. I learned something in the past.

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

So the Fox doesn't have a back or a front?? Honestly, how did this set happen? It's overpriced for no reason and isn't even a complete vehicle. Plus, there are several repeated minifigures in it. I'm so disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

So the Fox doesn't have a back or a front?? Honestly, how did this set happen? It's overpriced for no reason and isn't even a complete vehicle. Plus, there are several repeated minifigures in it. I'm so disappointed. 

I figured out the front being open awhile back, but the back part is dissapointing even more. Glad I'm no DC fan but diz sux for those who are wanting it.

I always feel that the decision to release certain minifigures as convention exclusives and not in standard LEGO sets is pure evil in my opinion especially as most who get the minifigures are just ebay scalpers who want to sell them for a ridiculous amount

thank goodness im not really a true collector of the dc universe characters I only mainly focus on ninjago and Elves as my main themes now

The Flying Fox is my most anticipated set this year and I can't believe how disappointing it looks. The lack of interior already sucks and it honestly look like an empty tunnel without the batmobile. It was described as a Flying Fortress during the set visit. The lego flying foc doesn't look anything like that to me

Edited by BatofGotham

I tried to give the Flying Fox the benefit of the doubt.  Atleast it's not a complete box?  Oh wait, that's because it's missing two sides... Definitely a disappointment. 

Bought Aquaman and Knightcrawler sets today mixed feelings on both. Aquaman set is just same pillars in cool colors and great minifigures, Aquaman is amazing and so are yellow parademon and guards! Knightcrawler is meh, build is boring and very repetitive, ad play functions are lacking all you can do is shoot studs and bend legs! Minifigures are good: best Flash Lego will probably ever give us and slightly different Batman from BvS sets. He has printing on front of the legs, which is cool but no double molded legs, why? Batman Movie showed how much Lego can do with minifigures if they want and have them in cheaper sets! Why could they give us perfect Batman with double molded legs and leg print at the same time?! Well at least they gave us Batfleck face...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dorkdome/status/887809624186826752

Assuming this figure is as movie accurate as the LEGO version (hoping it's not another Ares situation), then credit where it's due, the LEGO Steppenwolf looks pretty damn accurate, at least to this figure, save for the red on his arms, and lack of third and fourth fingers

Edited by Quicksilver838

3 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dorkdome/status/887809624186826752

Assuming this figure is as movie accurate as the LEGO version (hoping it's not another Ares situation), then credit where it's due, the LEGO Steppenwolf looks pretty damn accurate, at least to this figure, save for the red on his arms, and lack of third and fourth fingers

Actually in the early concept art, Ares was meant to be a huge godly figure, made of fire as seen here https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/wonder-woman-concept-art-reveals-a-fiery-new-take-on-ares-and-the-movies-epic-final-battle-a152406 but was ultimately changed . Still, it would be cool to see a more movie-accurate minifigure down the road.